No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Shooting violence [Re: grisseldog] #7300455
07/06/21 10:52 AM
07/06/21 10:52 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by grisseldog
The government gets the guns to the gangs, the Democrats want the blacks to kill each other.
Can’t you see how the Democrats manipulate blacks to do these riots and killings, blacks can’t figure it out.

Most gang guns are actually obtained through thefts and burglaries.

On the topic of stolen guns, if you ever buy a gun from a gun show, run the serial number 1st. Many of those are too stolen.

Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300463
07/06/21 11:06 AM
07/06/21 11:06 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Where they getting all their Ammo is what I want to know !!!!!!! grin

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Calvin] #7300470
07/06/21 11:13 AM
07/06/21 11:13 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by grisseldog
The government gets the guns to the gangs, the Democrats want the blacks to kill each other.
Can’t you see how the Democrats manipulate blacks to do these riots and killings, blacks can’t figure it out.

Most gang guns are actually obtained through thefts and burglaries.

On the topic of stolen guns, if you ever buy a gun from a gun show, run the serial number 1st. Many of those are too stolen.

this implies there is a good list of stolen guns even

I have to sign a sheet every 6 months to keep the gun I had stolen on the list. if the PD doesn't contact you to sign every 6 months , your not really on the list any more is the way I understand it.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: upstateNY] #7300473
07/06/21 11:17 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by upstateNY

stolen with the gun in many cases

we used 150 rounds to do a little training Yesterday seemed like hardly any ammo at all for training , but it is 10 shootings or more

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: USMC47 🦫] #7300474
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
Translator!

Savell!

I can’t make sense of what Boco types either most of the time

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300478
07/06/21 11:32 AM
07/06/21 11:32 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Dave, maybe if you visit Chicago- you will have a deeper appreciation for Dubuque, IA. Just my random thought.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300492
07/06/21 11:53 AM
07/06/21 11:53 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Chicago is 8,877,000 people.90 people shot is miniscule number percentage wise.
To quote a bushman-"with that many people all wanting to live together like that it must be one of the friendliest places on earth".

There-chew on that one scuby-doo.

Last edited by Boco; 07/06/21 11:55 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Boco] #7300510
07/06/21 12:33 PM
07/06/21 12:33 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Boco
To quote a bushman-"with that many people all wanting to live together like that it must be one of the friendliest places on earth".

Chicago is 2.7 million some what confusing because the Metro area of Chicago is 9.5 million people Chicago for crime statistics is just 2.7 million people

NYC is 8.8 million with a metro area of 18.5 million

you are right that it is a fairly small % 18.6 per 100K

if you look at the homicide per 100K Chicago falls between the democratic republic of the Congo and Mexico

Re: Shooting violence [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7300522
07/06/21 12:50 PM
07/06/21 12:50 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Boco

Chicago is 2.7 million some what confusing because the Metro area of Chicago is 9.5 million people Chicago for crime statistics is just 2.7 million people

NYC is 8.8 million with a metro area of 18.5 million

you are right that it is a fairly small % 18.6 per 100K

if you look at the homicide per 100K Chicago falls between the democratic republic of the Congo and Mexico

You are not counting all of chicago just the high crime part.So your percentage is screwed.Mexico and DRC are countries-Apples to watermelons.

You can spin it to sound worse if you just count englewood.

Last edited by Boco; 07/06/21 12:52 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: upstateNY] #7300524
07/06/21 12:52 PM
07/06/21 12:52 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by upstateNY

Valid question!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300526
07/06/21 12:54 PM
07/06/21 12:54 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Lori should come up with some government funded range time 14 out of 92 is just dismal
They are wasting ammo and that stuff is hard to come by these days for some

Let's go Brandon

Re: Shooting violence [Re: Scuba1] #7300530
07/06/21 01:00 PM
07/06/21 01:00 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Lori should come up with some government funded range time 14 out of 92 is just dismal

I'm betting they forget to "squeeze" the trigger instead of yanking it. Flinches are hard to overcome when yer jacked up on meth and fentanyl.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Gary Benson] #7300533
07/06/21 01:06 PM
07/06/21 01:06 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

I'm betting they forget to "squeeze" the trigger instead of yanking it. Flinches are hard to overcome when yer jacked up on meth and fentanyl.

LOL.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Gary Benson] #7300542
07/06/21 01:26 PM
07/06/21 01:26 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin

And it harder to hit anything with the gun sideways lol. Bullets don't arc horizontally due to gravity.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Gary Benson] #7300551
07/06/21 01:38 PM
07/06/21 01:38 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee

Are you saying they have a drug problem as well ??? If so Lori will have to address that first before they all hit the range

Let's go Brandon

Re: Shooting violence [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7300564
07/06/21 01:56 PM
07/06/21 01:56 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by coonman220
I seen on news that 92 shot in Chicago over the weekend , only about 3 hrs from here, that got be record in us , sound like mostly blacks do it, sound like shoot anything , don't make sense , where get all guns at ? Some like machine guns, used be bus locally where leave early sat am for Chicago round trip but discontinue to museum science industry or aquarium. Or zoo, was to science industry museum once that in Hyde park along lake once yrs back , always want go again someday but not interested drive my pickup there

not even that high for a hot long weekend in Chicago.

there is a web site to track possibly several

https://www.chicagotribune.com/data/ct-shooting-victims-map-charts-htmlstory.html

some of the reasons , Drugs , Gangs ,

drugs every street corner is a dispensary for the illegal drugs

these street corners are run by gangs , Chicago broke up the big gangs and now there are a lot of little gangs , as in every block is it's own gang in some cases and that is a lot of disputed territory.

policing budgets cut a long time ago , people just don't pay for murder like they do in other places. about 40% of shooters ever see time for that shooting https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/...e-rate-even-worse-when-victims-are-black
they have a black mayor , they have a black police chief they have a mostly black and Latino city council. If they were going to make a change for the betterment of the city well you would think they would have done that.

unfortunately it has been going on so long that parts and people of the city are just disposable

during active combat in Afghanistan it was safer to be Afghanistan than parts of Chicago

so you can see what the down hill slide looks like when it comes to your town.
first the police chief will have been asking for a 10-20% increase in patrols and getting told no.
often city council will sight budgetary concerns and fund 1% or less increase
often after a couple year of this the Chief , he or she realize nothing is going to change and they don't care to go down with the ship and leave.
with no new patrols , no new officers , they will be stuck with anyone who could not find someplace better to go , cops who are just trying to make retirement they are almost there , have issues and have been written up several times for disciplinary action. possibly even some just out right dirty cops.
Moral is very low , there is no incentive to do their job.
ahh the list starts the list may have started before or after moral was incredibly low but it sure doesn't help.
the list of things that are no longer a reason for an officer to be called to a location
I was talking with a dispatcher who was observing at the Dane county 911 center , while they were observing big city operations a dispatcher walked over to the supervisor and asked , this month in the city of Madison, is it both license plates that must be stolen or is one enough to dispatch an officer? out comes a 4 inch binder of all the things that are no longer a reason to dispatch an officer Oh and they can change on a monthly basis.
so if a crime happens on one side of the street and it is Town of Madison it may be a reason to dispatch but if it happens on the other side of the street , no need to send an officer. if they would like to file a report they can drive to the central police station , oh wait they are also too short staffed , you can e-file on the city website.
In Chicago it was if your theft didn't exceed a dollar amount a friend told me it was 10K before he left Chicago in the 90s he had a restaurant it was robbed , it was not more than 10K so he had to go to the station to report it after calling police

the fastest way to lower crime numbers is to not collect them or properly report them if you do.
Milwaukee was caught in the miss reporting a few years back , now the trend is just don't collect any more than you absolutely must.

the San Francisco fix to shop lifting although many cities have employed it in some way store owners want something done , shop lifting is a huge issue. city council answer , you can't report shoplifting if the goods taken are less than $1000.00 combined. well I don't know about you but I have a hard time getting 500 dollars in a grocery cart I have done it in 2 carts I have even done $800 in 3 carts. I point this out to give you an idea of the sheer volume of theft that would take and it isn't 1000 a day it is a 1000 per trip per criminal. WOW shop lifting hit new lows , Or did it , not if you ask the store owners they just can't report it any more. some fix that is but it looks good on paper or the paper they want to show.

well that isn't a conclusive list by any means but some things to watch for

ya that what I reading that big gangs broke up an all smaller fractions an lot don't get along, most all is African American with some Latino , 77 districts in Chicago with suburbs also , some districts are 99 per cent black or almost all Latino, I see up over 100 shot now with 18 dead , I hear lot cops Chicago an lot speed cameras high fines, also have spot shot detecer, I see news other day that someone shot a car an occupants 60 sonetimes in McDonald drive thru an when car move they shot full holes again , had a car of suspect that pay someone do bodywork alley an easy trace so cops fund suspect an come out apt in stolen truck an ram cops an get away an caught in traffic jam on expressway an hijack a car by shoot occupants an (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cops an cops shot him bfore get away , see lot stuff like that Chicago news, ya like go zoo someday or museum science industry or aquarium

Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300572
07/06/21 02:06 PM
07/06/21 02:06 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I've posted stats on Chicago, here, a few times. Most of Chicago is very safe and some small, black and Hispanic parts are terrible. White people very, very, seldom get killed in Chicago. The one year, no white bodies turned up until July and then only one. The people getting killed are mostly not innocent of a life of crime. Innocents are usually in close proximity to a criminal when shot in Chicago.

If you stay away from black and Hispanic areas, in particular the poor ones, Chicago is reasonably safe to visit.

Keith

Re: Shooting violence [Re: KeithC] #7300592
07/06/21 02:51 PM
07/06/21 02:51 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by KeithC
I've posted stats on Chicago, here, a few times. Most of Chicago is very safe and some small, black and Hispanic parts are terrible. White people very, very, seldom get killed in Chicago. The one year, no white bodies turned up until July and then only one. The people getting killed are mostly not innocent of a life of crime. Innocents are usually in close proximity to a criminal when shot in Chicago.

If you stay away from black and Hispanic areas, in particular the poor ones, Chicago is reasonably safe to visit.

Keith

I think it follows Milwaukee's pattern of 97% felon on felon murders and it wouldn't even be that low but they miss and hit an innocent once in a while

Re: Shooting violence [Re: coonman220] #7300600
07/06/21 03:06 PM
07/06/21 03:06 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
You need one of those government jobs in crime statistics, Dave. I would imagine you could get pretty good @ this kind of thing. You may have to work with an spelling and grammar freak though.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Shooting violence [Re: Blaine County] #7300603
07/06/21 03:13 PM
07/06/21 03:13 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Chicago is a great example of how the Woke are clueless. I dare them to go spend an hour in the habitat that is Chicago.

Depends on the neighborhood.

Wrigleyville and northside yep no issues

South side, Heck no!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread