No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300875
07/06/21 09:09 PM
07/06/21 09:09 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I read, re-read, and read the complaint again.

It is pretty subjective, only generalized behavior. A complaint might be in order. Let their supervisors review what happened. Let them make a decision based upon both sides of the story. The OP was obviously upset, but, is in no position to demand life changing consequences based soley on her opinion.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: Tailhunter] #7300887
07/06/21 09:25 PM
07/06/21 09:25 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
I don't think you no everything that went on before that person was brought to the hospital, maybe they are drunk or on some drug , maybe they are not mental , like you said they don't know that you are listening , to jump to the thought that the person is mental ? , my daughter has mental problems , sometimes it's drugs with her that pushes her over the edge ?, just my two cent , let it be

No matter what the cause there is nothing wrong with expecting a person in a profession to act professional.

But alas, people suck.

Very true

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: T-Rex] #7300909
07/06/21 09:57 PM
07/06/21 09:57 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Online content
trapper
H2ORat  Online Content
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by T-Rex
I read, re-read, and read the complaint again.

It is pretty subjective, only generalized behavior. A complaint might be in order. Let their supervisors review what happened. Let them make a decision based upon both sides of the story. The OP was obviously upset, but, is in no position to demand life changing consequences based soley on her opinion.

Why isn't the op in a position to make life changing consequences? If not her then who is? The conduct was unprofessional -- or construed as unprofessional . It is up to the employer to decide if it is a firing offense or whether any disciplinary action should be taken. I have been around cops and first responders most of my life (good and bad) and support them whole heartedly --- but if your mouth is running where it shouldn't be, you made the choice to live with whatever consequences come your way. It is NEVER permissible to talk badly about your "customer" --- even if you had to just beat the crap outtta them. SAVE IT FOR THE STATION. BTW with all the help wanted signs that I see around here there is easily a job that more suits the character traits -- like mcdonalds.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300911
07/06/21 10:00 PM
07/06/21 10:00 PM
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Province of Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear about your daughter and what you both had to deal with . I also applaud your strenght and courage in dealing with the situation. I know many who would not have been so kind to these individuals irregardless of the identity they represent.

I hope your daughter gets all the help she needs and take care of yourself...your daughter is very fortunate to have you as a parent.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300933
07/06/21 10:25 PM
07/06/21 10:25 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

I've never walked a day in a cops shoes. The moment to say something has past.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300936
07/06/21 10:30 PM
07/06/21 10:30 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Cathryn, best all possible outcome for your daughter.
I understand your rage and have experienced first hand two cops bragging to my boss about physically abusing a person AFTER the detainee was cuffed and in the back of their patrol. By their own description the man was totally out of it. Thought he was Tarzan, in a ladies back yard up a tree naked with a rubber knife in his teeth.
The guy had an excuse, he was obviously out of his mind. The police that beat his genitalia with their batons after they had him cuffed and in the car no excuse whatsoever. This was by their own words.
Maybe the rubber knife caused PTSD and they were just working off some kind of stress.
Harris County Tx. One of if not the most corrupt police force in the nation 70s-80s when they crashed hundreds of charges and inditghed. Yeah I know just a bunch of good ol boys partying with the working girls and their drugs and alcohol under the I 610 overpass.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300947
07/06/21 10:39 PM
07/06/21 10:39 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... what’s the point of a rubber knife? ... I get the playing Tarzan part though

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300952
07/06/21 10:45 PM
07/06/21 10:45 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Haven’t a clue. Just what the cop said he was doing when they talked him down out of the tree.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7300981
07/06/21 11:08 PM
07/06/21 11:08 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
Cathryn,
I'm sorry for the stress you are feeling with your daughter's situation. Mental health emergencies are trying for all.

Officers are in a tough situation when they respond to mental health calls. We don't know what transpired prior to your observations, but obviously their person of interest is "under physical" control. At that point a caring human being would normally be thinking about the mental torment that person is feeling. Their behavior as you described it is inexcusable. However, it will not change unless brought to the attention of higher ups. Carefully documenting what specific words and actions occurred is advisable. They don't deserve to be fired, but they do deserve some CIT, crisis intervention training and that is the responsibility of supervisors and city leaders that control budgets.

I hope your daughter can find some immediate relief and longer term mental health care. Recovery is possible. And please find time to care for you too.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: kjcouchey] #7301002
07/06/21 11:25 PM
07/06/21 11:25 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by kjcouchey
Sorry about what your going thru but come on. U have no clue what is going on over there. U are listening on a convo not meant for u. Its unproffessional that they are saying these things in a public space where u heard them, but let them be. They have to deal with crazy and dangerous mental health ppl 24/7, and u have no clue what went on prior to u listening in. They obviously are not trying to berate him in public, even if what they say in private is distastefull. Law enforcement suicide is high enuough and their life expectancy is way less than normal americans.
Let them blow off steam in private, it sounds ridiculous to you but it is a very common coping mechanisim with cops, ems, nurses, coroners ect. Id hate for you too be judged by everything u said in private.

I don't know you from Adam, but I feel comfortable in saying that you are no better that those dirty cops. Yes, I said dirty cops! I don't care what kind of "stress" they are under. They signed up for that work. They need to suck it up and act like human beings.
If I was in Cathtryn's shoes right now, I would be searching for my inner "Karen" and give those jerks an earful,

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301006
07/06/21 11:26 PM
07/06/21 11:26 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
I'll bet a lot of the people here bad mouthing the cops would do the same thing, if they thought no one was around. Doesn't make it right, but I'm correct.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: ~ADC~] #7301047
07/07/21 12:50 AM
07/07/21 12:50 AM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Online content
trapper
H2ORat  Online Content
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I'll bet a lot of the people here bad mouthing the cops would do the same thing, if they thought no one was around. Doesn't make it right, but I'm correct.

Been involved with some of that behavior. You are correct it isn't right -- It is a mechanism to "blow off steam" - and a much needed one. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Hypothetical -- If I was a business (and I am) and employed anyone --- I would want to know how my employees were presenting my business to my customers. Maybe the unions have forgotten that fact -- I'm sure that our politicians have. If I (as a business owner) decide to scold my employee, fire him/her, or say anything at all is my business. Maybe it is time we make the "institutions " accountable for there employees. I am and it can make or destroy my business if I make the wrong decision.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301111
07/07/21 07:31 AM
07/07/21 07:31 AM
Ontario
S
Saskfly Offline
trapper
Saskfly  Offline
trapper
S

Ontario
[Linked Image]

I have worn a uniform for over twenty years. Every police, fire, EMT and military group has an area to go decompress. A bull pen, bar, mess, fire hall, whatever!

Its easy to fall into the trap of discussing a patient, have done it myself when I was a firefighter. Until a older captain took me aside and explained that the family had overheard my comments, that on one of the worst days of their life's one of the things they would remember is me shooting my mouth off. It was not a malicious thing just a young stupid kid trying to deal with a situation I was not used to.

To the OP, bring it up. It does not have to be to get the members fired but I guarantee that their department would want to know about the behavior. To many uniform members do there jobs well, day in and day out to have their reputations sullied by the few. Bring it up and trust the department to either discipline or educate the members.

Last edited by Saskfly; 07/07/21 07:42 AM.
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: ~ADC~] #7301137
07/07/21 08:14 AM
07/07/21 08:14 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Would you have done it, what it seems like, right in front of the patient?

I understand the concept of needing to vent when you're in that position. My wife says the vent to each other all the time about a difficult patient, or a funny thing a patient has done. But it is always in the staff lounge away from the ears of the family or the patient. She even went so far as to say that they've told newer nurses to shut up and pull them into the staff lounge to let them know it's inappropriate.

She also has this look that can get you to lower your eyes really quick. She has been known to use it on cops, firemen, and EMS when they start up. Her one friend says when a cop is being a jerk they'll send one of two nurses in to let them know they are being jerks. She said after that all that is needed is the look. I know I've been bad when I feel those eyes burning a hole in my skull from behind. I may not know what I did, but I always apologize quickly for my transgression.....

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301598
07/07/21 11:09 PM
07/07/21 11:09 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
As far as I can tell from the facts presented, those cops did at least two things that day:
  • They grabbed some perpetrator off the street doing who knows what; but, probably threating public safety.
  • They delivered said perp to a psychiatric facility and joked about whatever he did while handing him off at the care facility.
It sounds like a bit of sensitivity training, or maybe a more remote induction location is in order.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301601
07/07/21 11:16 PM
07/07/21 11:16 PM
Monroe Co. WV
R
Ridge6375 Offline
trapper
Ridge6375  Offline
trapper
R

Monroe Co. WV
What county are you in?

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301615
07/07/21 11:53 PM
07/07/21 11:53 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
If I were Cathryn I would do two things:
  • Report the entire situation to the City, County, and Hospital. It was obviously a stressful ordeal for all involved. It surely could have been avoided, and probably requires some changes.
  • Change my signature. The word "idiot" is a mental condition that is certainly offensive to some

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301704
07/08/21 07:41 AM
07/08/21 07:41 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

T-Rex,
You're joshing on your 2nd suggestion to Cathryn, right?
Idiot is not a 21st century mental condition. It's been an English word for quite some time for a person of low intelligence and I don't know any medical personnel that uses the word idiot in their diagnosis now-a-days.
We scrubbing all the words now that are offensive to anyone?
Gonna be a long line and a long list.
By your definition of cancel culture criteria, you'd have to then admit that the word "trapper" is an offensive word to "some" so it should be scrubbed also.
I'm not much of a cancel culture guy.
It's an endless, self-righteous pit used by people not using their full measure of intelligence = idiots.

Anyway, when someone tells me, "Don't be an idiot," I know that someone knows the true meaning of this word.
Use my intelligence. Whatever level I have.

Cathryn may be correct about the orchard comment wink

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: ] #7301783
07/08/21 09:52 AM
07/08/21 09:52 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Originally Posted by Mark June
T-Rex,
You're joshing on your 2nd suggestion to Cathryn, right?

Cathryn may be correct about the orchard comment wink
Wrong. Idiot is used as an insult, right along with retard and stupid. There is no way that word can be used with a pleasant connotation.

You may be correct about the validity of the signature. Keep in mind that valid and sensitive may or may not be independent of each other.

BTW, I have no recollection of defining, or even mentioning cancel culture.

Re: I am SO angry right now [Re: cathryn] #7301928
07/08/21 01:53 PM
07/08/21 01:53 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Idiotic thinking.
It's people's hearts to blame.
Not statues.
Or words.
Or pixy dust.
Or any of the idols people often blame.
It's just plain people.

Go ahead ban a word because people use it incorrectly. They'll find another one. Ban that. They'll invent one.
Sound familiar?
It should.
Woke?

Ban trapper while you're at it.
It's offensive to some.

I don't play the cancel game.
Because it doesn't work and it's divisive.

Oh and please note good use of my English. I am not using idiotic as a noun (name). I'm using it as a verb (action).
Didn't want you to think I was being accusative.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread