No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7301904
07/08/21 01:10 PM
07/08/21 01:10 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Originally Posted by Trapper7
The animals doing this aren't any different than the animal rioters we had in the US. It's no different, blaming the present for something their ancestors did a 100 years ago. This is an example of domestic terrorism.

Very uninformed comment. The last school closed in 96. A lot of these old devils that did the abuse are still alive and nobody is making any move to hold them accountable for what they did. I’ll leave it at that. This is an issue close to my heart as I have numerous family members that went through the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) that was residential school. If you don’t have anything intelligent to add to this conversation then please hold your tongue. Look at your own child or grandchild and imagine them being taken by force and never seeing them again. Then imagine years later finding out about what really went on and having your voices fall on deaf ears.

burning churches doesn't change what bad people did but it hurts a lot of others who probably didn't have anything to do with the abuse

if the people are alive to testify and the government won't hear their case then selectively disappearing the actual people might be justified.

it is really a failure of the government all around to hear the petitions of the people , to investigate cases , and to try those involved. while at the same time failing the people yet again by justifying and encouraging arson against other citizens property.

such a grand failure of government should be met with a grand exit of current elected officials this really should be clear for all to see , but these officials have implemented a mob rule and they encourage the arson of what they likely see as their political opponents while placating to the mob of arsonists and arsonist supporters to remain in power and then no justice is served

simplified

the government fails , blames their failure on their opponents. opponents property is burned as a way to de-platform any thing they might have said. by removing where they said it , their finances and tainting any message they had.
failed government fails bigger yet gains more power

it is always a power game and all just pawns being sacrificed for the power grab

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301917
07/08/21 01:32 PM
07/08/21 01:32 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301920
07/08/21 01:39 PM
07/08/21 01:39 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Best way to avoid blame is to do nothing. Unless of course you get get blamed for doing nothing. If all the aborted were actually given a burial it would be a big grave yard !

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301921
07/08/21 01:42 PM
07/08/21 01:42 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
The Native villages in Alaska we had boarding schools and still do.

Keep in mind we had diphtheria and other nasty REAL pandemics where sometimes killed most if not all the adults in a village from the sickness. The few kids remaining were sent to boarding schools.

As in all schools and gathering places diseases spreads even faster, so many died there as well. Catholics bury their dead near the churches. People also bring their dead to be buried near the churches.

We have several graveyards in this village in the town. Not one headstone. All are wooden crosses that rot away in 50 years. So we have mass unmarked graves here now too.

I was in a village once and was walking on the beach and saw alot of human bones and burnt charred wood. It was a from a mass unmarked grave where they burnt the bodies.

I cant imagine the catholic missionary's turning into mass murderers while they are trying to teach love and kindness they know deep down they will rot in.....

I would bet this is just another political ploy to hate on the White Man just like they are doing in the US. to start a race war to destabilize the west. Divide Canadians just like they are doing here in the with the whites and blacks pushing racism.

The fact is all races benefited from European white culture. But now try to demonize it to unknowingly destroy it as pawns for a one world government. Trudeau is on board with that anyway.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301936
07/08/21 02:20 PM
07/08/21 02:20 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Yukon Jeff has it right.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301946
07/08/21 02:41 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
There is evil in this world and it takes on many forms.
From cults that pass themselves off as Christianity. To people dressed in black that burn down buildings. To politicians that allow it all to happen.

I wonder at what point our apathy towards all these evils will subside and good men will start doing the right thing again.

Last edited by Tailhunter; 07/08/21 02:42 PM.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: yukonjeff] #7301947
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

Keep in mind we had diphtheria and other nasty REAL pandemics where sometimes killed most if not all the adults in a village from the sickness. The few kids remaining were sent to boarding schools.

As in all schools and gathering places diseases spreads even faster, so many died there as well. Catholics bury their dead near the churches. People also bring their dead to be buried near the churches.

We have several graveyards in this village in the town. Not one headstone. All are wooden crosses that rot away in 50 years. So we have mass unmarked graves here now too.

I was in a village once and was walking on the beach and saw alot of human bones and burnt charred wood. It was a from a mass unmarked grave where they burnt the bodies.

I cant imagine the catholic missionary's turning into mass murderers while they are trying to teach love and kindness they know deep down they will rot in.....

I would bet this is just another political ploy to hate on the White Man just like they are doing in the US. to start a race war to destabilize the west. Divide Canadians just like they are doing here in the with the whites and blacks pushing racism.

The fact is all races benefited from European white culture. But now try to demonize it to unknowingly destroy it as pawns for a one world government. Trudeau is on board with that anyway.

You would figure with all of the granite up there some Canuck would have figured out that they can chisel a name in it by now for a grave marker. Even Fred Flintstone had a round rock for a tire. Then again, I guess I'm expecting a bit much from the average Canuck.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Boco] #7301954
07/08/21 02:54 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted by Boco
Another factoid that you never hear about is that when the Native people signed Treatys with the government,one of the requirements of the government was to provide healthcare and education to native people free of charge among other things.
The residential school system was initiated as a cost effective way to administer education to people who were scattered far and wide in many cases,especially when wintering on traplines.The intent at the time was to prepare native people to assimilate into western culture and lifestyle.In the process they wound up supressing the native culture which was wrong in hindsight.
Hindsight is always 20-20.

They didn’t “wind” up doing anything. There’s a letter you can can find o line that outlines exactly what they intended to do. The intent was to suppress the culture. Find the letter.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301955
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
No unmarked graves in the states-got it.
You are so great.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301956
07/08/21 02:59 PM
07/08/21 02:59 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
I have to get back to work so I’ll answer more of the uninformed comments later.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7301960
07/08/21 03:03 PM
07/08/21 03:03 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Another factoid that you never hear about is that when the Native people signed Treatys with the government,one of the requirements of the government was to provide healthcare and education to native people free of charge among other things.
The residential school system was initiated as a cost effective way to administer education to people who were scattered far and wide in many cases,especially when wintering on traplines.The intent at the time was to prepare native people to assimilate into western culture and lifestyle.In the process they wound up supressing the native culture which was wrong in hindsight.
Hindsight is always 20-20.

They didn’t “wind” up doing anything. There’s a letter you can can find o line that outlines exactly what they intended to do. The intent was to suppress the culture. Find the letter.

Supressing native culture was wrong in hindsight but in those days that is how people were assimilated into western culture.It was expected that people fit in to the dominant culture in those days.It was a byproduct of assimilation.
Today it is called multiculturalism-That was not a concept in those days-that is new.

Regardless,assimilation will always take place when a dominant culture replaces a more primitive one,only at a different pace.
You ought to know when you choose your skidoo over your dogteam.

Exactly like the inuit culture replaced the more primitive Dorsett culture 2000 years ago in your area.Unfortunately the Dorsett people are now extinct race because multiculturalism was unknown concept 2000 years ago.Forced assimilation was the way back then.

Last edited by Boco; 07/08/21 03:21 PM.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Boco] #7301965
07/08/21 03:23 PM
07/08/21 03:23 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Yukon Jeff has it right.

X2

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7301966
07/08/21 03:31 PM
07/08/21 03:31 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Another thing to remember-what is considered abuse today was not considered abuse in the past.
Corporal punishment was the norm in all schools.I got the strap more than a few times in gradeschool,and so did a lot of other kids when they were "bad".
All part of a teachers job.And If the old man found out I would get it again.
It didnt do me no harm at all.

Lot of people today that could have benefitted from some judicial corporal punishment growing up obviously.

Now with that said real abuse needs to be prosecuted every time.

Last edited by Boco; 07/08/21 03:33 PM.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Trapper7] #7301989
07/08/21 04:18 PM
07/08/21 04:18 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT

Very uninformed comment. The last school closed in 96. A lot of these old devils that did the abuse are still alive and nobody is making any move to hold them accountable for what they did. I’ll leave it at that. This is an issue close to my heart as I have numerous family members that went through the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) that was residential school. If you don’t have anything intelligent to add to this conversation then please hold your tongue. Look at your own child or grandchild and imagine them being taken by force and never seeing them again. Then imagine years later finding out about what really went on and having your voices fall on deaf ears. [/quote]
So, in your opinion the way to alleviate the problem is to burn down churches?

George Floyd was killed by a police officer, so BLM and Antifa burned businesses, vandalized buildings, even killed a few people. I guess in your opinion that was the right approach too, even the cop that killed him rightfully got a lengthy prison term and justice was served.[/quote]

This has absolutely nothing to do with George Floyd or BLM etc. Can you go back, read my comments and highlight in bold where I said I condone any of this? Otherwise don’t contribute useless words to a discussion.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Finster] #7301992
07/08/21 04:21 PM
07/08/21 04:21 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted by Finster

You would figure with all of the granite up there some Canuck would have figured out that they can chisel a name in it by now for a grave marker. Even Fred Flintstone had a round rock for a tire. Then again, I guess I'm expecting a bit much from the average Canuck.

You don’t normally mark things that you don’t want to be found.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Boco] #7301997
07/08/21 04:28 PM
07/08/21 04:28 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Another thing to remember-what is considered abuse today was not considered abuse in the past.
Corporal punishment was the norm in all schools.I got the strap more than a few times in gradeschool,and so did a lot of other kids when they were "bad".
All part of a teachers job.And If the old man found out I would get it again.
It didnt do me no harm at all.

Lot of people today that could have benefitted from some judicial corporal punishment growing up obviously.

Now with that said real abuse needs to be prosecuted every time.

The abuse was a lot worst than being strapped. Horrible things happened. So good for you that you got strapped a few times but that doesn’t even compare to what some of these young kids went through. I can go on about this in detail but I already feel like I’m talking for nothing. Most of you have your minds made up on issues long before the topic comes up despite having no real knowledge of what you’re yapping about.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: yukonjeff] #7302003
07/08/21 04:35 PM
07/08/21 04:35 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT

Sit down with a residential school survivor and see if you still feel the same way. If you’re serious about not being able to imagine catholic missionaries doing this then something is wrong with you. It’s so common in the Catholic Church that there are jokes about it. It’s not new information that a lot of priests were perverts. Send me some of what you’re smoking….

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302004
07/08/21 04:37 PM
07/08/21 04:37 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
I see some commenters saying “I guess”, “I can’t imagine”, etc. I’ve heard stories with my own ears. Whether or not you want to believe things doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7302012
07/08/21 05:00 PM
07/08/21 05:00 PM
wi.
S
slidewire Offline
trapper
slidewire  Offline
trapper
S

wi.

my wants are simple
my needs are few
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7302036
07/08/21 06:11 PM
07/08/21 06:11 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I see some commenters saying “I guess”, “I can’t imagine”, etc. I’ve heard stories with my own ears. Whether or not you want to believe things doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.

Yup, very true Ryan.

There was a Catholic Indian school on the end of the lake I worked on as a kid in NW Ontario. I spent whole summers there working from 79 to mid 80s and then ended up buying a place on the lake. In the 40+ years I have been going to this area I have heard lots and lots of abuse stories. Also, very high native “suicide” rate on the RR tracks that divide Indian bay/school from rest of lake. They have even proved that some perverted priests would invite like minded other priests to these schools for abuse visits. I was catholic at the time and couldn’t believe that could happen but now know it was true so I understand the “I guess” and “I can’t imagine” shock at first. It’s just hard to believe this isn’t common knowledge by now.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread