No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302038
07/08/21 06:22 PM
07/08/21 06:22 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
When government doesn't do their job its hard to get too upset that pedophiles sanctuaries/properties get torched.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302042
07/08/21 06:27 PM
07/08/21 06:27 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The real truth will never be known as you can see from the comments on here the issue has been highly politicized.
I have family that are devout catholics two uncles were christian brothers all their life and an aunt who was a nun.
They were fine upstanding people who never hurt anyone and helped many.
I take offense when someone paints all catholic clergy as perverts.

There are plenty of perverts to go around in the entire crossection of society.You cannot judge and blame people in the past when they are no longer around to defend themselves it is absolutely unfair.But kind of convenient when you are politicizing.

And you cannot judge politicians actions 100 years ago by todays standards it is absolutely inapplicable.

For the record I have a brother in law and some friends that were abused at an Indian residential school.Those abusers will burn in h--- for eternity alongside those burning the churches.

Last edited by Boco; 07/08/21 06:36 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302043
07/08/21 06:35 PM
07/08/21 06:35 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
The rate of Sexual abuse in the Catholic church is still below the rate of abuse in Public schools. Not that we should look the other way or not investigate when it happens but the fact is it is rare.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302048
07/08/21 06:41 PM
07/08/21 06:41 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
You have no clue the amount of victims that are out there just the ones that they cannot deny the lions share has been covered up even more not reported.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302052
07/08/21 06:46 PM
07/08/21 06:46 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Are the arsonists firing churches indiscriminately or are they targeting Roman Catholic churches?

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302053
07/08/21 06:48 PM
07/08/21 06:48 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Religion is the new politics. I remember years ago all the seers said Gog and Magog was Russia and the mark on Gorbachev's head surely confirmed he was the antichrist. Now the prophets say it must be a group of people so get ready to pin the tail on the donkey (hopefully a talking one) .

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302061
07/08/21 06:55 PM
07/08/21 06:55 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
And just in case some think it only happened here and to Natives.
The hulk is now just a ruin but I remember walking by it when I went home to visit family.

[Linked Image]

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302068
07/08/21 07:06 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7302069
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
The rate of Sexual abuse in the Catholic church is still below the rate of abuse in Public schools. Not that we should look the other way or not investigate when it happens but the fact is it is rare.

I've posted the statistics on here a few times. Catholic priests rape children significantly less than men do on average. Baptist ministers rape children significantly more then men do on average. Baptist ministers raped children at a higher percentage rate more than the clergy of all other reported US religions.

What the Catholics did, that may be unforgivable, is pass molester priests to other parishes after they were discovered. They should of locked them away forever.

Keith

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302076
07/08/21 07:14 PM
07/08/21 07:14 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

I've posted the statistics on here a few times. Catholic priests rape children significantly less than men do on average. Baptist ministers rape children significantly more then men do on average. Baptist ministers raped children at a higher percentage rate more than the clergy of all other reported US religions.

What the Catholics did, that may be unforgivable, is pass molester priests to other parishes after they were discovered. They should of locked them away forever.

Keith

It's a sin-sick world we live in.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302111
07/08/21 08:21 PM
07/08/21 08:21 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
It is incredible how many are willing to look the other way just as the church organizations have done and still do. Government should be held accountable, I agree, but give the churches a pass for the conduct they allow and condone. Centuries of abuse and most never brought forth. Heck currently the Milwaukee diocese is refusing to turn over records for the current abuse cases in 5 dioceses. But that's ok.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302123
07/08/21 08:37 PM
07/08/21 08:37 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Church ran orphanages here in the states were molesting and torturing kids too. Should be glad they are only burning buildings

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302133
07/08/21 08:53 PM
07/08/21 08:53 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

It's easier to rebuild a church than an innocent young life. I wonder if there is a relationship between the sexual abuse that occurs in Native Villages today and the boarding schools.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7302298
07/09/21 12:33 AM
07/09/21 12:33 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
The Native villages in Alaska we had boarding schools and still do.

Keep in mind we had diphtheria and other nasty REAL pandemics where sometimes killed most if not all the adults in a village from the sickness. The few kids remaining were sent to boarding schools.

As in all schools and gathering places diseases spreads even faster, so many died there as well. Catholics bury their dead near the churches. People also bring their dead to be buried near the churches.

We have several graveyards in this village in the town. Not one headstone. All are wooden crosses that rot away in 50 years. So we have mass unmarked graves here now too.

I was in a village once and was walking on the beach and saw alot of human bones and burnt charred wood. It was a from a mass unmarked grave where they burnt the bodies.

I cant imagine the catholic missionary's turning into mass murderers while they are trying to teach love and kindness they know deep down they will rot in.....

I would bet this is just another political ploy to hate on the White Man just like they are doing in the US. to start a race war to destabilize the west. Divide Canadians just like they are doing here in the with the whites and blacks pushing racism.

The fact is all races benefited from European white culture. But now try to demonize it to unknowingly destroy it as pawns for a one world government. Trudeau is on board with that anyway.

Sit down with a residential school survivor and see if you still feel the same way. If you’re serious about not being able to imagine catholic missionaries doing this then something is wrong with you. It’s so common in the Catholic Church that there are jokes about it. It’s not new information that a lot of priests were perverts. Send me some of what you’re smoking….

How about I sit down with my daughter who actually attended a boarding school instead. She was not killed and put into an unmarked grave. Imagine that. In fact she got a quality education she could not have gotten here in the village. She is now entering in her fourth year of college and will get a teaching degree. All of her other classmates who stayed in the village are still sitting there.

I never said the church member were all good people. You will find child abuse everywhere. Its sad but it don't mean boarding schools and missions were all mass murdering children. Where is the forensic evidence ? Did you get that news from the CNN News panel ? I dont watch the fake news at all so show me the evidence to back up the claims or I will stick to my statement about the wooden crosses rotted away or not marked at all because of a pandemic at the time. You can keep watching CNN and have another shot it will all make sense then.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302302
07/09/21 12:43 AM
07/09/21 12:43 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Well for one I don’t drink so toss that stereotype out the window. Why would I watch cnn for a mostly Canadian issue when they can’t even get US news right? I get my information from community and family members who lived through it. Go smoke another toke.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: FairbanksLS] #7302307
07/09/21 01:13 AM
07/09/21 01:13 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by white dog

It's easier to rebuild a church than an innocent young life. I wonder if there is a relationship between the sexual abuse that occurs in Native Villages today and the boarding schools.

It has been proven that people who are abused as children are more likely to be abusive as adults. If children were abused in boarding schools you would expect that would make them more likely to be abusive, as adults, in their village.

I think the main problem in the Native Villages is lack of hope stemming from a belief that the residents are near powerless to improve their own lives. It's the same problem in poor black and Hispanic neighborhoods in the US. People need to feel pride in themselves, know that they matter and have hope that what they do matters to themselves and others. Welfare and other handouts destroy the recipient mentally.

Keith

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7302312
07/09/21 02:14 AM
07/09/21 02:14 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Well for one I don’t drink so toss that stereotype out the window. Why would I watch cnn for a mostly Canadian issue when they can’t even get US news right? I get my information from community and family members who lived through it. Go smoke another toke.

So evidence other than here say ? You had family that lived through a mass killing ? No one reported it until now ? no evidence of it ? I don't buy it. Drink the Kool aid then.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: yukonjeff] #7302313
07/09/21 02:36 AM
07/09/21 02:36 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

So evidence other than here say ? You had family that lived through a mass killing ? No one reported it until now ? no evidence of it ? I don't buy it. Drink the Kool aid then.

I had family live through and witness the abuse that happened. People reported it over and over but nothing was done about it. Nobody GAF if you buy it or not. It happened and that’s that.

I should point out that YJ’s attitude toward it is the exact attitude towards this issue that survivors have to put up with. Thank you Jeff for saying more with your post than I could’ve trying to explain it.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302314
07/09/21 02:47 AM
07/09/21 02:47 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Your confusing abuse with mass killings and unmarked graves. Not the same thing. They had abuse here too as they do everywhere. I am not denying that.

Your merging the two without evidence to back it up.

I bet its the George Soros funded ANTFA burning the churches there now. The Chinese owned media that brings it up now. They want to destroy the US from both directions and take out Canada at the same time.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302315
07/09/21 02:59 AM
07/09/21 02:59 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Go back, read through my comments and highlight in bold letters where I mentioned anything about mass killings. I’ll wait.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread