No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302316
07/09/21 03:09 AM
07/09/21 03:09 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Oh... Ok your burning your churches down because of the abuse that took place years ago. I see. My bad. I thought there was some mass killings or something.

Have at it.

I went through eight years at a private Catholic school. I have been drug to the principles office by my hair. Yes they were cruel. but I needed a kick in the ars as well. I dont consider myself a victim.

I do know there are real victims. But burning the Churches is political now I bet.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302318
07/09/21 03:44 AM
07/09/21 03:44 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Here’s what I’m saying. I knew this thread was coming sooner or later and I knew how comments would go. I opened it this morning and seen ignorant comments right away. I tried shedding some light on the situation but as it often goes on here there are people who don’t know what they’re talking about thinking they’re some sort of authority on what happened. Whoever is burning those churches has their reasons. I haven’t burned any and I don’t condone the burnings either. The frustration that many survivors face comes from people like you who can discredit the abuse and murders that took place. Think whatever you want but it happened. Something like this can’t just be swept under a rug and forgotten about. You can take your own limited experience and knowledge and draw your own conclusions though. Can’t stop you or anyone from thinking what you want to believe. The truth will come out sooner or later. Your comment about abuse happening all over doesn’t make it right. One child killed or buggered is one too many. And yea I’ll agree your right about not being a victim. Getting dragged to the office by your hair is F all. Do some research. Read victim statements if you think you have the stomach for it. Be happy all you got was a KICK in the ars. I’m going to leave it at that. If you have any shred of compassion to the plights of others then respectfully leave it at that as well. If you feel the need to get the last word then by all means knock yourself out.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302439
07/09/21 09:33 AM
07/09/21 09:33 AM
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Province of Ontario, Canada
Ryan McLeod, No doubt abuse took place and you are right one is to many...let's see how things will be handled...

Unless somone has lived through it, it may be difficult for most to understand the harm that was caused, I get this. However, this entire situation (abuse of children and burning of churches) is now under the microscope and it is not going away soon. If children were murdered we can only hope matters will be investigated... as Canadians that is the only thing we can hope for.

Unfortunately, it will take several years to get answers and there is a lot that will never be disclosed to the public. That is the reality with any criminal investigations. Will this bring closure to our First Nations people? possibly not...but what else can be done?

It is a very sensitive topic of discussion...many are listening and pushing for changes.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302452
07/09/21 09:52 AM
07/09/21 09:52 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Thanks Ryan.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: yukonjeff] #7302484
07/09/21 11:16 AM
07/09/21 11:16 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
[quote=yukonjeff]Oh... Ok your burning your churches down because of the abuse that took place years ago. I see. My bad. I thought there was some mass killings or something.

Have at it.

I went through eight years at a private Catholic school. I have been drug to the principles office by my hair. Yes they were cruel. but I needed a kick in the ars as well. I dont consider myself a victim.

I do know there are real victims. But burning the Churches is political now I bet. [/quote

No one is diputing the fact that abuse took place at some residential schools.

The whole thing is politicized to the Nth degree.it is obvious since there have been many groups of people who went through residential schools and suffered abuse there,and not only in Canada .But only one group is fanning the flames for political gain.No others.

Unmarked graves at graveyards 100 years old with a couple burials a year being claimed as mass murders with absolutely no proof,all for political leverage.
As usual some actors jump to the conclusions that will advance their political agenda.They think creating division and animosity over what happened in the past will somehow change anything.If anything it will create widespread animosity on the other side.

Myself,I will wait for autopsy reports.But there is no evidence so far of any mass murders that have been inferred-that is ludicrous.

For the record those who went thru the abuse at residential schools here have already been compensated thru the courts.

Of course as usual it is never enough.

People need to take a deep breath and wait for the investigations and if any people were actually proven murdered,let the legal system apply in full force.

Other than that I have no use for anyone trying to destroy Canada-the greatest country on earth.I dont like separatists.
The Chinese have already picked up on the BS and are using it to try to destroy Canada.

Last edited by Boco; 07/09/21 11:39 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302492
07/09/21 11:29 AM
07/09/21 11:29 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Read where the Pope is sitting up a meeting to come and talk with natives about what happened.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: rex123] #7302523
07/09/21 12:20 PM
07/09/21 12:20 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by rex123
Read where the Pope is sitting up a meeting to come and talk with natives about what happened.

All talk

Not giving up archival records though!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302616
07/09/21 03:07 PM
07/09/21 03:07 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Here in Alaska all the people that came forward from the abuse were monetarily compensated by the Church.

Boco says they were compensated in Canada as well. So now its just being used to divide the country in Canada's version of the woke me too movement. Just like they are doing here with BLM and ANTFA tearing down the statues. I bet a million loonies its the same well funded groups burning the Churches there. I would bet its China and George Soros who own the media, fanning the hate like they are doing here with the Asian hate crimes that they desperately want it to be white supremacist, but turns out the ones beating the Asians on video are always Black supremacist.

They are trying to destroy religion and western civilization with the help of the use full idiots in both countries.

Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: KeithC] #7302625
07/09/21 03:16 PM
07/09/21 03:16 PM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...

Last edited by Hutchy; 07/09/21 03:17 PM.
Re: Canadians are destroying churches. [Re: Hutchy] #7315364
07/27/21 08:52 PM
07/27/21 08:52 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index