No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: loosegoose] #7303118
07/10/21 12:18 PM
07/10/21 12:18 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia

Being licensed OR having a permit doesn't mean you're good at your job, though. It provides the consumer with a false sense of security, it can fool the consumer into thinking that "this guy is licensed, he must be a good plumber/electrician/mechanic/whatever".[/quote]
I agree with loosegoose.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303119
07/10/21 12:19 PM
07/10/21 12:19 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
I don't think it will happen because of the MILLIONS the states will miss out on from the fees. Cost me 200 bucks to renew my wwtp lis.

What does wwtp stand for? World war toilet paper?

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303126
07/10/21 12:44 PM
07/10/21 12:44 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Licensing separates the barely competent from the morons. We need it today more than ever before. Biden wouldn't be President if the office required a license.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303127
07/10/21 12:46 PM
07/10/21 12:46 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
Yeah no license for contractors . that's just what we need. Then we should do away teachers cetification so they can teach what ever they want . oh never mind they do that now. These people are nuts.

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: J Staton] #7303133
07/10/21 01:01 PM
07/10/21 01:01 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by J Staton
All those southerners coming in have to have a job. There are only so many jobs for carpenter's, masons, and other no license jobs in the construction industry.

We have a lot of that here. Quite a few auto repair shops with completely unskilled labor. They will hire someone right off the street with zero skills for $10 hour cash under the table. The overseer will tell them what to do. I've seen the end results of their work. One shop released a car to a customer that they had just done brakes to it. The customer pulled out of the driveway of the shop and went through a cast iron fence belonging to a church 40 feet away from where he started. Who does a brake job on a car without road testing it ?

This is Biden's plan. More jobs for newcomers , less for Americans.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303134
07/10/21 01:02 PM
07/10/21 01:02 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Here's a prime example I'm dealing with right now.

Honey Bee Removal from a structure is now a licensed activity in Georgia.

Background, I'm in my 40th year as a beekeeper. I was taught by a beekeeper who would rather take down a bee tree rather than open his own hives. Performed my first removal 39 years ago under his supervision using the trapout method. Done hundreds of removals cut outs, trap outs and flush outs since then. To say I'm skilled is a given.

Collision course, Georgia's pest control act of 1955 first enacted to regulate the use of chemical use pesticides includes a paragraph that in summary says that to remove an insect or pest from a structure for a fee by any means TO INCLUDE MECHANICAL is a regulated activity requiring licensure under the authority of the Dept of Ag.

Aside, this same statute also grants licensed individuals the authority to remove squirrels and birds from structures. Both species which are clearly named in other statutes as being under the sole authority of the Dept of Natural Resources alone.

History, the Dept of Ag in almost 70 years never considered honey bee removal to require a license though they did claim that the statute read in a way that it could be so. Further they had broadened their authority to cover not only structures but also the yard and property under ornamental and turf.

Breaking point, an individual in an effort to corner his local market began threatening his fellow removers with arrest, going as far as claiming to be an employee of the Dept of Ag, under this never enforced statute. He further claimed to be properly licensed as a PCO when in fact he was not.

Aftermath, the Dept instead of dealing with the bad actor seeks instead to develop a licensing format. With the cooperation of the Georgia Beekeepers Association, who places the bad actor on the license committee, they formulate a pathetic Rube Goldberg plan. Instead of using an already existing license which regulates the commercial sale of honey bees and is beekeeper specific they instead opted to require bee removers to obtain licensing under the Pest Control Operator (PCO) structure which requires initial testing, insurance minimums, specific legal language in contractual agreements and written documentation of all work performed, continuing education credits.

Facts, the type of exam that would consider all the facets of a structural removal via three possible methods does not currently exist in this state or any other. In it's stead the dept agreed to accept a certification exam offered by the University of Georgia as part of their Master Beekeeper Program. Problems, this exam is strictly an entry level See Jane Run knowledge level of beekeeping based solely upon the current edition of First Lessons in Beekeeping by Delaplane. Nowhere in this booklet is the subject of removal mentioned. Furthermore this test is only available once a year in conjunction with a Beekeeping Institute, held in the furthermost northern part of the state, one must also attend in order to take the certification exam or any higher level exam. Coincidence, all of this falls under the auspices of Dr Keith Delaplane and UGA. The state would consider retaking of this exam every five years as satisfying the continuing education requirement when the exam has never been intended as such but merely as a one time entry into the Master Beekeeping program. The Dept has stated that they will also accept attendance at a bee removers workshop put on by UGA, such a workshop does not nor has it ever existed.

Furthermore, while the Dept of Ag claims this only applies to removals from structures and only cut outs can be performed with requirements on removal of all comb and bees and repairs. This in fact cannot always be done in many cases involving masonry or material value of the structure indicating a trapout or flush out must be performed. Nowhere in the new rule are these methods addressed. Nor are bee trees or free hanging swarms addressed. The Dept is adamant that the rule does not apply outside of the structure yet existing regulation requires licensure for PCO operations in the landscape.

In effect this prevents the consumer the option of hiring a beekeeper to remove bees alive. Leaving only the option of hiring a PCO to kill them, a task most reputable PCOs want no part of.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303135
07/10/21 01:04 PM
07/10/21 01:04 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
How many cases of medical malpractice occur every year?

Dr Fauci is licensed somewhere.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303137
07/10/21 01:05 PM
07/10/21 01:05 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
In fields where no license is currently required, the good are sperated from the bad by their reputation. In my field, for example, some people are electrical gurus, and some people can't be trusted to replace a headlight bulb properly. That quickly becomes known. The guru gets the word of mouth business, and the moron can't find a job as a mechanic, because everyone knows the kind of work he does.

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: J Staton] #7303139
07/10/21 01:11 PM
07/10/21 01:11 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by J Staton
All those southerners coming in have to have a job. There are only so many jobs for carpenter's, masons, and other no license jobs in the construction industry.

As long as they have a pulse and can vote the Dems will take care of them with freshly printed money.

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303141
07/10/21 01:13 PM
07/10/21 01:13 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
In the case I outlined the original bad actor is now charging rates, and still not properly licensed, more than triple mine and I base mine on what three other removers I respect are charging, mainly out of respect and to give the consumer options. I regularly give out two or three names urging my clients to obtain other quotes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: loosegoose] #7303142
07/10/21 01:16 PM
07/10/21 01:16 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by loosegoose
In fields where no license is currently required, the good are sperated from the bad by their reputation. In my field, for example, some people are electrical gurus, and some people can't be trusted to replace a headlight bulb properly. That quickly becomes known. The guru gets the word of mouth business, and the moron can't find a job as a mechanic, because everyone knows the kind of work he does.

How large of a city do you live in? That mainly works in small markets but in larger markets with a mobile population it is a different story.

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303150
07/10/21 01:38 PM
07/10/21 01:38 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I live in the largest southeastern market, Atlanta. In my field we only have to have a commercial trapping license, same as a regular trapping license, and free permit after passing a simple exam. No insurance or record keeping other than the annual report as any other trapper. No other requirements.
In over fifteen years I've seen them come and go. Seen some real horror stories but overall with the rise of private associations such as NWCOA the across the board level of expertise has grown and generally the consumer is getting good service. Do we still have bad actors, of course we do from a few firms both big and small but the same could be said of every other trade.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303151
07/10/21 01:40 PM
07/10/21 01:40 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
BTW, early on I was a huge supporter of increased regulation and licensure aka barrier to entry. Experience has convinced me that is no guarantee of quality and an absolute guarantee of increased costs to the consumer.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: FairbanksLS] #7303155
07/10/21 01:52 PM
07/10/21 01:52 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by white dog
Originally Posted by loosegoose

How large of a city do you live in? That mainly works in small markets but in larger markets with a mobile population it is a different story.

Here most if not all the small mom&pop local garages use cheap unskilled labor. The days of the old timers gas station who knew what they were doing is mostly gone. Why? Because they cater to the people who speak their language ( not English ) These same garages have a huge advantage because they charge considerly less than a garage with trained ASE technicians. Yes , they have plenty of come-backs.

A friend of mine who passed away 10 years ago in NJ did ADC work full time. At the time NJ had no license for ADC work. He used to get called after someone had screwed up the work. His gripe was competing against Billy-Bob who had 2 beat-up Hav-a-Harts and charged $50 to catch a family of squirrels. Then he had to explain to this customer that he needed to be paid several hundred or more to do the job right and professionally with expertise and good quality equipment.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303169
07/10/21 02:36 PM
07/10/21 02:36 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
No licensing. Sounds great I have always wanted to be a Doctor.

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303173
07/10/21 02:41 PM
07/10/21 02:41 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Since were changing the subject ANY building BUILT ON SAND with a parking garage as its foundation is subject to fail.Been lots of buildings with that set up shift on "normal soil".

Plus people are fatter now than when the building was designed.....More weight ?! It ALL contributes.............

If your fat enough to collapse a high rise you need to go on a diet.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: run] #7303210
07/10/21 04:06 PM
07/10/21 04:06 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by run
I don't think it will happen because of the MILLIONS the states will miss out on from the fees. Cost me 200 bucks to renew my wwtp lis.

What does wwtp stand for? World war toilet paper?

Waste Water Treatment Plant. My Dad was an operator for years. He'll correct me if I'm wrong on what it's called down there.

Last edited by Badger23; 07/10/21 04:06 PM.
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: stinkypete] #7303214
07/10/21 04:23 PM
07/10/21 04:23 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by stinkypete
Third world crap hole. Shaping up nicely. Let’s get rid of a drivers license. CDL. Let’s get rid of it all. What you say. Let’s go back to the Wild West. Most stupidest thing ever. But I can say one thing for sure. I didn’t vote these idiots in.

I'll take my chances in the Wild West vs the Brave New World.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303217
07/10/21 04:27 PM
07/10/21 04:27 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Sure he does, it would absolve the government of any responsibility in regulating safety in anything, which lets them out of the cost of court battles as well as pay outs.

Oh and the bigger thing for demo's is no ID for voting, what will they stop at to get their way ??

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Biden doing away with job license [Re: jbyrd63] #7303221
07/10/21 04:42 PM
07/10/21 04:42 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I think for the end consumer it makes no difference. Lets face it, there are plenty of companies out there where the boss or owner has the necessary licenses and the rest of the troops are unskilled folks actually doing the work. case in point my neighbor. He installs AC systems and has zero EPA certs. I took the exams myself and I am sure he could do them as well as he has been doing this stuff for a number of years now and if he read up on the legal BS for the exam, he would be good to go. But why bother when the boss has got the ticket. they keep hiring folks that don't make the grade and get let go again to try out the next guy. But the only one there that actually has a license is the owner of the company and it has been years since he actually laid a hand on a AC system. He picks up the phone and writes the invoices. But you won't find a wrench or gauges in his work truck. So whats the point with the licensing. As I am a one man band I had to get all the licenses that I need for what I do.

Last edited by Scuba1; 07/10/21 06:59 PM.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread