No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
weasel ? #7306755
07/15/21 04:16 PM
07/15/21 04:16 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
we have a barn that will have around 200 show chickens and other fowl next Tuesday

one of the Judges noticed weasels in the barn yesterday

all the permission and warden notification is dealt with

what would your approach be to get rid of weasels and I suspect maybe a few rats

last thing we need is the grand champion dead in it's cage the next day

my weasel boxes got lost at the farm so we are building more tonight

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: weasel ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7306873
07/15/21 07:01 PM
07/15/21 07:01 PM
central wisconsin
D
deerfly Offline
trapper
deerfly  Offline
trapper
D

central wisconsin
I would just set them around the barn. If they are around I'd think you'd catch them in a few days. Chicken liver from the grocery store will work for bait as you probably don't have beaver or muskrat available this time of year. Good luck. If you catch one save it as taxidermist seem to be in search of summer phase colors now and then.

Re: weasel ? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7307276
07/16/21 09:32 AM
07/16/21 09:32 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
thanks , I have used Gizzards in the past , I will give livers a try

probably just best to freeze them whole to see if a taxidermist wants them ?

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread