No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: ] #7307184
07/16/21 07:31 AM
07/16/21 07:31 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Mark June
I've lost track of who exactly is the misfortunate among us. Who most would say are deserving of public assistance. It's all mixed up now to the point that between state and federal programs, the trough is huge and getting huger.

Example: before we sold our home in March, couple came from CA and bought a home in our area. $600,000. Nice vehicles.
CA medicaid was their insurance and they were trying to figure out how to get on TX medicaid and were complaining over brats and brews how much harder TX was on this issue, but he is an attorney and he said he'll make it happen.

I just sipped my brew and asked the new neighbor dude why he was chasing medicaid when it looked like they had done well financially well.
Do not ask that Q to new neighbors was my lesson!
It was like I killed his puppy.

Tiss the new Merica I guess.

Blessings,
Mark

I sure hope that brew was tea.

-Goofy-
Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7307202
07/16/21 07:45 AM
07/16/21 07:45 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Mark there are many folks out there who have ways we may never understand, and everyone has different wants and needs.
Was standing in retail store the other day perusing through a clearance rack of t shirts looking for a couple cheap t-shirts for fishing and mowing lawn, that sort of thing. A mom and young fellow came over and she grabbed one off the rack and held it up for the young boy to see, and he shook his head no. She said but it has a nice logo on it? The boy said mom it also says ".....2019" and I can't wear that to school, kids will make fun of me.
I quickly realized she was school shopping for this young high schooler. They moved on down the isle, I sheepishly took a couple crappy $1.99 discount T's to the counter and pondered that moment.
Then I thanked God for my blessings, bought a $50 gift card at the counter, and told the cashier what I wanted to do. I pointed out the woman still in the store and the cashier was going to approach the woman and say, m'am a gentleman was just in here and got this as store credit and he can't use this at this store because he lives out of town, can you use it?
I pray that worked and she took it, I didn't hang around to find out.
I'm no fan of helicopter handouts from government, but a targeted assistance is generally a good thing. I have no clue on child tax credit $ now vs later for some folks...but my impression was here was a lady that might possibly benefit.
Jim

Last edited by jabNE; 07/16/21 07:49 AM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7307204
07/16/21 07:49 AM
07/16/21 07:49 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Sure was a nice thing to do, jabNE.

Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: jabNE] #7307211
07/16/21 07:55 AM
07/16/21 07:55 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by jabNE
Mark there are many folks out there who have ways we may never understand, and everyone has different wants and needs.
Was standing in retail store the other day perusing through a clearance rack of t shirts looking for a couple cheap t-shirts for fishing and mowing lawn, that sort of thing. A mom and young fellow came over and she grabbed one off the rack and held it up for the young boy to see, and he shook his head no. She said but it has a nice logo on it? The boy said mom it also says ".....2019" and I can't wear that to school, kids will make fun of me.
I quickly realized she was school shopping for this young high schooler. They moved on down the isle, I sheepishly took a couple crappy $1.99 discount T's to the counter and pondered that moment.
Then I thanked God for my blessings, bought a $50 gift card at the counter, and told the cashier what I wanted to do. I pointed out the woman still in the store and the cashier was going to approach the woman and say, m'am a gentleman was just in here and got this as store credit and he can't use this at this store because he lives out of town, can you use it?
I pray that worked and she took it, I didn't hang around to find out.
I'm no fan of helicopter handouts from government, but a targeted assistance is generally a good thing. I have no clue on child tax credit $ now vs later for some folks...but my impression was here was a lady that might possibly benefit.
Jim

You seem to be doing well on your own but I pray the Lord’s favor be upon you always Sir.

-Goofy-
Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7307214
07/16/21 07:58 AM
07/16/21 07:58 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
100's of thousands of illegals are depending on this free money, ya'll need a heart! lol

Keep working and paying them tax's.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7307225
07/16/21 08:16 AM
07/16/21 08:16 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
IT'S NOT EXTRA FREE MONEY PEOPLE. IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS. INSTEAD OF CLAIMING IT ON YOUR TAXES, THEY ARE DISTRIBUTING IT NOW INSTEAD OF AT TAX TIME.. SO THOSE WHO DONT TURN IT DOWN, WILL GET A SMALLER REFUND!!!!!! DO YOU GET IT NOW?????

However paid, it's welfare and always has been.

Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7307735
07/16/21 11:45 PM
07/16/21 11:45 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by beeman
This is my opinion on this subject. The child tax credit sent out each month will be cash in their pockets to be spent not a credit against their taxes.

I would like to see how much money is spent on this program compared to the PPP program that allowed most farmers, ranchers, to collect over $20,000 each just by going to there local bank and applying. In my little town I added up what the handout from the government was in just this program and it was over a million and a half dollars. Most every farmer got over $20,000, some $40,000 if they applied twice. Multiply this by number of farmers in every zip code and you can see some serious money.

I am all for helping out someone that has trouble paying his rent, putting food on his table, and giving his family decent health care. What I detest is my tax dollars helping people PROSPER. What I mean by that is why should my tax dollars help large land owners who live on the lake and drive new pickups receive any handouts (WELFARE) from me.

How much do you think those farmers pay into the coffers?

If by coffers you mean income taxes every case will be different. I can only tell you that as long as farmers and ranchers buy some farm equipment every year or keep some livestock the income taxes they pay will be minimal compared to what they reap. A lot of farms in my area were paid for before they even had to pay federal income taxes. I am reminded of talking to a farmer that was complaining he had to pay income taxes one year yet he owned a nice farm. I told him I would love to pay the income tax on a million dollars, even every year. He was able to pay for a farm and amass a good deal of money yet he never paid much in taxes. So to answer your question “how much to farmers pay into the coffers?”. The answer is no where near what they reap.

Re: Some people have no clue on child tax credit. [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7307740
07/16/21 11:58 PM
07/16/21 11:58 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
My Niece just got a check for $800+ for the 3 miracles, no way they pay that into the system so it sounds like free money to me if not what part did I get wrong? He hubby was offered a managers position at a fast food place years back and quit so they would not lose the free money.

Same guy that was looking for different cellphone carrier because he owed a lot on the one he had at the time. mad

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread