No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Coons in the sweet corn #7308458
07/18/21 09:48 AM
07/18/21 09:48 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline OP
trapper
HayDay  Offline OP
trapper
H

Missouri
My sweet corn is both late and poor this year due to all the rain.....so while up at the farm, my mother asked if we wanted some corn? A neighbor plants a big patch for the community to share. A couple acres in all. Figured it would be a good chance to see how someone else manages their coon problem. My first thought was the must overwhelm them. Plant enough and they can't get it all. Was wrong about that. They had riddled the entire thing. Probably got 9 ears out of 10......no telling how many coon must be in there each night. If a coon hide was worth anything a guy could get awfully rich in that neighborhood.

I use low wire electric fences and even poultry netting to keep them out of mine.....but I get all that survives the weather and pests to reach harvest stage. I get more out of 10 feet of my rows than they had left in 10 times that.

Re: Coons in the sweet corn [Re: HayDay] #7308464
07/18/21 09:58 AM
07/18/21 09:58 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline OP
trapper
HayDay  Offline OP
trapper
H

Missouri
Funny aside.....youtube put this video on the age restricted list. You gotta be 18 to sign in and view it, even though it's not even listed for public to find. Scantily clad women are OK for the kids to watch, but not this.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread