No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: Trapper7] #7310178
07/20/21 06:06 PM
07/20/21 06:06 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Jerry, you are referring to the crusades. I have read about those days. There are many viewpoints written.
I'm talking about today. Islamists are still killing and persecuting Christians in foreign lands. But, not the other way around.
Jesus never condone killing. Mohammad did.
Jesus said we should love our neighbors. Mohammad said just the opposite.

Christians killed at least 7000, unarmed, Muslim males, 12 years old and up, they held as prisoner on July 13th, 1995.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18101028

I am not saying it wasn't a good decision or justified, but Christians did do it.

Keith

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: Davisfur] #7310192
07/20/21 06:24 PM
07/20/21 06:24 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Davisfur
Regardless of the crusades how many witches have been killed by literate Christians? How many native Americans faced death or assimilation from literate Christians? How many other "Christians" or catholics have been killed by Christians or catholics alike for not getting the same meaning as them from the same book? I say more than can be numbered. When Christianity comes to a continent, country or village that has never known Christianity before, death and destruction usually comes with it in one form or another.

I read your story of the false teacher led church you grew up in so I understand the bias. In your story you claimed to be a student of the Bible and that's why you questioned those false teachers in the church. Where in your study did you find Jesus proclaiming his followers should kill folks. I figured you of all people would understand those who profess to be Christians aren't always who they claim to be. Unfortunately good folks get caught up in these false teachings because of tradition or their lack of study.

Last edited by J Staton; 07/20/21 06:26 PM.
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310199
07/20/21 06:31 PM
07/20/21 06:31 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
I never once said Jesus taught the killing of non-Christians. I asked how many people on this planet have been killed by "so called Christians." I do not believe Jesus meant for blood to be spilt in his name but that idea has slipped past a very large group of people in history. To this list above I could also add how many druids and pagans were killed by the catholics when St. Patrick" drove the snakes from Ireland "

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: KeithC] #7310203
07/20/21 06:34 PM
07/20/21 06:34 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Jerry, you are referring to the crusades. I have read about those days. There are many viewpoints written.
I'm talking about today. Islamists are still killing and persecuting Christians in foreign lands. But, not the other way around.
Jesus never condone killing. Mohammad did.
Jesus said we should love our neighbors. Mohammad said just the opposite.

Christians killed at least 7000, unarmed, Muslim males, 12 years old and up, they held as prisoner on July 13th, 1995.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-18101028

I am not saying it wasn't a good decision or justified, but Christians did do it.

Keith

That's a stretch.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310207
07/20/21 06:41 PM
07/20/21 06:41 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Heck Catholics killed Christians for teaching the Bible. I know there were many people killed in "the name of God" but just because they claim such doesn't mean it's true. " Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath because the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God is scripture I'm reminded of. If you profess to be a Christian yet have a demeanor of wrath you might want to reaccess yourself.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310208
07/20/21 06:42 PM
07/20/21 06:42 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Look at the traditional options US military personnel had for dog tags. Protestant, Catholic or Jew...and for the early woke, atheist. The vast majority of those guys had no real affinity to the religion they claimed. The same holds today. Popery is responsible for the mass carnage done in the name of Christ down through the ages.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310212
07/20/21 06:48 PM
07/20/21 06:48 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by J Staton
Heck Catholics killed Christians for teaching the Bible. I know there were many people killed in "the name of God" but just because they claim such doesn't mean it's true. " Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath because the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God is scripture I'm reminded of. If you profess to be a Christian yet have a demeanor of wrath you might want to reaccess yourself.

Most Christians are Catholics. There are more Catholics than there are people in the multitude of other Christian religions that splintered off of it and it's splinters ad nauseum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Keith

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310213
07/20/21 06:51 PM
07/20/21 06:51 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. 2They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3And these things they will do [a]to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.

Levi
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310246
07/20/21 07:43 PM
07/20/21 07:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Unless someone has been regenerated by God, some of these posts are gonna read like foolishness.
We all have 120 years or less to figure anything out, and if you think that's how the God of the Bible's Redemptive Plan is laid out, go for it.
God's own Word says that's not how it (faith) works, but heck, grab a bushel of pride and a peck of ego and go for it.
Humble hearts seek God. No others according to Holy Scripture.

For me and mine, we pray that when God gets done gathering some, He gathers some more.
After all, He's the Creator so He can do as He pleases.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: ] #7310466
07/21/21 06:53 AM
07/21/21 06:53 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by J Staton

Reassessment is constant but I can’t escape being a man. Should I fall under physical attack, I will do my best to cast out the demon. If I fail to do that, I will give my upmost effort to kill the host.

-Goofy-
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310490
07/21/21 07:19 AM
07/21/21 07:19 AM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Judgement is easy to do. But we’re not supposed to judge. Judgement is for God to do. I am a sinner saved by grace and grace only. Paul killed many Christians and Jesus made him a disciple. Anything is possible through Jesus.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310506
07/21/21 07:43 AM
07/21/21 07:43 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
"Paul killed many Christians and Jesus made him a disciple."

That comes as news to me!

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: James] #7310515
07/21/21 07:51 AM
07/21/21 07:51 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by James

Jim

He was called after the resurrection but that might not count since you don’t believe it happened.

-Goofy-
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: James] #7310518
07/21/21 08:05 AM
07/21/21 08:05 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline OP
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline OP
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

Jim

Your reading for comprehension seems problematic counselor. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310528
07/21/21 08:16 AM
07/21/21 08:16 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline OP
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline OP
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Galatians 1:11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1: 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Galatians 2:6 As for those who were held in high esteem—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism—they added nothing to my message. 7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, l just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me.t They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: LLtrapper] #7310547
07/21/21 08:39 AM
07/21/21 08:39 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
The eye will see what it desires and ignore the things it disagrees with.
When you have seen the light, felt the love and experienced the truth man's words will never convince you otherwise. Have a blessed day brothers.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: James] #7310550
07/21/21 08:41 AM
07/21/21 08:41 AM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Originally Posted by Posco
For those that think being a Christian is for the weak and feebleminded, think again. It's the epic battle of the ages. Be on the right side of the fight. It's coming.

It's coming, blah blah blah.

Every crackpot and cult leader claims "It's coming!" Remember how many insisted that Judgment Day would come in year 2000? Hope they haven't been holding their breath all this time.

Been hearing that from one wannabe oracle or another ever since I can recall.

Jim

You kinda jumped around the entire point of the OP just so you could get in a ' blah, blah, blah' . Adorable .

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: Aaron Proffitt] #7310578
07/21/21 09:20 AM
07/21/21 09:20 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
You kinda jumped around the entire point of the OP just so you could get in a ' blah, blah, blah' . Adorable .

That's more or less what I was thinking. He can't talk Biden or guns so he goes where he has a comfort level.

Is America safe for Christians? Less so than it was. My pastor has been preaching through Revelation the past few months and every Sunday he brings up the thought that they can kill the body but not the soul. The godless left is on the march and the church is as big an enemy as they have. The church stands against everything the left elevates. I'm not suggesting being a conservative will save the soul, it won't, but there is definitely an anti-God party in this country and they are doing Satan's bidding. James happens to support the efforts.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: Yes sir] #7310580
07/21/21 09:24 AM
07/21/21 09:24 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Yes sir
The eye will see what it desires and ignore the things it disagrees with.
When you have seen the light, felt the love and experienced the truth man's words will never convince you otherwise. Have a blessed day brothers.

Yep.

Re: Is Canada safe for Christians? [Re: James] #7310618
07/21/21 10:11 AM
07/21/21 10:11 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Posco
For those that think being a Christian is for the weak and feebleminded, think again. It's the epic battle of the ages. Be on the right side of the fight. It's coming.

It's coming, blah blah blah.

Jim

Like when you say Democrats wont try to take our guns,,Blah,Blah,Blah. JIMMY grin For someone that's supposed to be a lawyer,,,your not a very smart fellow.Just sayin.

Last edited by upstateNY; 07/21/21 10:13 AM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread