No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
AK bear attack #7312844
07/24/21 01:11 PM
07/24/21 01:11 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline OP
trapper
MJM  Offline OP
trapper
M

ND
Down to his last rounds of ammunition, with bruises and a leg injury, the man was rescued by a helicopter crew that just happened by.
A mining camp near Nome, Alaska, where a Coast Guard helicopter crew rescued a man who had been attacked by a bear that “kept coming back every night.”Credit...United States Coast Guard
By Neil Vigdor
Published July 22, 2021
Updated July 23, 2021
He was sleep-deprived and nearly out of ammunition, alone in the wilderness of Alaska. Well, not really alone.

For several nights in a row, the man had fended off the tenacious advances of a grizzly bear that had attacked him a few days earlier at a mining camp some 40 miles outside Nome.

There was no way to phone for help. But then help found him.

En route to a mission on Friday, the crew of a Coast Guard helicopter saw the man waving both hands in the air, a widely recognized distress signal, the helicopter’s pilot said. On the tin roof of a shack, SOS and “help me” had been scrawled. The shack’s door had been ripped off.

The crew took the man to Nome to be treated for bruises to his torso and a leg injury that was not life-threatening, according to the Coast Guard. So ended a weeklong ordeal that could pass as a sequel to “The Revenant,” in which Leonardo DiCaprio was mauled by a computer-generated grizzly bear

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: AK bear attack [Re: MJM] #7312877
07/24/21 02:01 PM
07/24/21 02:01 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
I bet those chopper blades were a sweet sound! That bear needs to be out of the gene pool

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: AK bear attack [Re: MJM] #7312911
07/24/21 02:40 PM
07/24/21 02:40 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
I used to live in Nome. Story I keep hearing here in AK. is he didn't have a firearm. Nearly out of ammo? So he missed the bear one or more times?
Don't forget folks..........it still doesn't get dark up here at night!

Re: AK bear attack [Re: MJM] #7312927
07/24/21 03:08 PM
07/24/21 03:08 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
There has been a time or two when I wish i had 22 long hollow points instead of regular 22 shorts, lol. If you really want to be sensitive you probably shouldn't say attack but use the word incident instead !

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread