No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Small purple shoulders #7314010
07/26/21 08:12 AM
07/26/21 08:12 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Went to a friend's with my boys to shoot clays. My 8 year old started off strong and fast getting even better. My Ten year old started off missing and got discuraged. With encouragement and few pointers that quickly changed and the boys were arguing in short order about who hit the bird or if it was both of them. I shot up an old partial box of shells mainly at the few they missed when they got way out but when they got over confident I busted a few before they could get on them. But to be honest that was a challenge to beet then to it and more often than not they beat me even if they didn't know it I do. I guess I'm out of practice and getting old.

They each shot around 100 shells and had a blast. They also have sore purple shoulders for trophies this week. It sure was a great day. I was very proud and impressed that for sure.

Re: Small purple shoulders [Re: Providence Farm] #7314086
07/26/21 09:42 AM
07/26/21 09:42 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
That's Awesome

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Small purple shoulders [Re: Providence Farm] #7314089
07/26/21 09:48 AM
07/26/21 09:48 AM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
Proven fact that if you spend more time with kids when they are young, the less time you have to spend with them in juvy/jail/court when they get older. Learning to be an adult starts early in life and it sounds like your boys have a great teacher. Keep up the good work!

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Small purple shoulders [Re: Providence Farm] #7314097
07/26/21 09:53 AM
07/26/21 09:53 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
good stuff

we went out a little last week , shot up a box of clay using the hand thrower

my son had recently made a stock spacer for the 20ga he bought when he was 10 to get the length of pull right for his now 6' 2" self is that gun ever a joy to shoot , light , fast , almost nothing for recoil I didn't feel it , clay just dusting.

he split firewood to work off that gun and it was nice to be able to enjoy it again even when he has moved on to 12ga for most other shotgun work.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Small purple shoulders [Re: 20scout] #7314472
07/26/21 06:58 PM
07/26/21 06:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by 20scout
Proven fact that if you spend more time with kids when they are young, the less time you have to spend with them in juvy/jail/court when they get older. Learning to be an adult starts early in life and it sounds like your boys have a great teacher. Keep up the good work!

Exactly why I have a job interview on Friday. Most likely 30 k pay cut, starting over after being in the same place for 15 years, and much more busy and strenuous job. But I will be home every day instead of out of town half a month for work.

I'm as nervous as a long tail cat in a nursery full of rockers just thinking about the uncertainty of changing jobs and I'm not even sure I will take it if offered yet. Need to see the health care cost, coverage, retirement, options first.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread