No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Employee Shortage #7314493
07/26/21 07:39 PM
07/26/21 07:39 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Stopped by the local Hardee's this morning. Sign said. Closed temporarily due to employee shortage. I've seen a lot of crap in my lifetime,but man,things just getting more expensive and harder to find.
And all of this covid pressure to get the shot and still.people are getting re-infected.
No wonder I'm dealing with more drug overdoses and violent people. It's driving people literally crazy. Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314533
07/26/21 08:38 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
It ain't near over yet, not with them shipping infected illegals all over the U.S.

More lock downs coming.

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314534
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Our local stores have shorter hours of operation now. All the places that used to be open 24 hours, such as Walmart, Kroger and all the local gas stations close between 9:00 pm and 11:00 pm now.

A whole lot of restaurants and small stores are closed on Monday or Tuesday now.

The liberals paid people to stay home and they won't go back to work, because they make less and have to work at work.

Keith

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314611
07/26/21 09:53 PM
07/26/21 09:53 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
People tired of working for 10 bucks and hour no benefits. I know a lot of those jobs might not be skilled labor but try to make a living doing that kind of work for that kind of wage. you cant rent a place around here for less than $800 a month, throw it food, tax clothing vehicle plates. I know a lot of folks in our community, do nothing but work hard go to church and drive a beater vehicle and can barely make it. Like the middle ages the king feeds you, gives you a shack to live in an that's it. No benefits or savings I cant blame them. things went to heck when the unions got messed up, greedy and corrupt like the government. I know a lot of folks on this site will say everything is given to the poor for free and its bs, look at what they have and have not. Not all of them are drug addicts and low lives. I know hard working cowboys out here that go from job to job work their behind off some with family and have nothing, I know folks over 65 working at fast food trying to make ends meet. Its sad but I will not lump them together with drug addicts and low lives, a bunch are good hard working folks.

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: danvee] #7314620
07/26/21 10:04 PM
07/26/21 10:04 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by danvee
People tired of working for 10 bucks and hour no benefits. I know a lot of those jobs might not be skilled labor but try to make a living doing that kind of work for that kind of wage. you cant rent a place around here for less than $800 a month, throw it food, tax clothing vehicle plates. I know a lot of folks in our community, do nothing but work hard go to church and drive a beater vehicle and can barely make it. Like the middle ages the king feeds you, gives you a shack to live in an that's it. No benefits or savings I cant blame them. things went to heck when the unions got messed up, greedy and corrupt like the government. I know a lot of folks on this site will say everything is given to the poor for free and its bs, look at what they have and have not. Not all of them are drug addicts and low lives. I know hard working cowboys out here that go from job to job work their behind off some with family and have nothing, I know folks over 65 working at fast food trying to make ends meet. Its sad but I will not lump them together with drug addicts and low lives, a bunch are good hard working folks.

[Linked Image]

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314635
07/26/21 10:19 PM
07/26/21 10:19 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Well said Antigov. Didn’t seem to have this problem before the government started handing out even more free money.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314647
07/26/21 10:27 PM
07/26/21 10:27 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
my son starts a job tomorrow making 16.10 an hour

a friend manages a plant , earlier this spring we were talking I said hey J you should ask D what you need to do to get a job.

D had just been telling me he was short 25 positions

be 18 , pass a physical and a drug test .

he turned 18 three weeks ago and that is how long it took to get the interview , a physical and drug test then they only start people on Tuesday.

if he was staying past the fall , when he heads off for school it would be 19 dollars an hour

if your competent and kept working through the whole pandemic you are prime to move up to these 16-20 dollar an hour jobs

my sons friend was doing the same thing so now you can't get chicken at the Gas station most nights he made chicken through he whole plandemic , when he graduated and could work full time got a job at a plant.

even Kwik trip who is paying 12.50 and 2-3 dollars an hour extra for 2nd and 3rd has had the fryer shut down several nights of the week with no one to run it.

I went to get the kids eye dr appointments a couple weeks ago and the place I normally take them is booked into September already well that won't work they will both be at college before then , so I called the clinic and they could do Aug 9th that was almost a month out.

anyone who could retire , did , people at work I thought would work into their 70s decided it was just to much work to deal with it all , any reason they had thought to keep working for was gone , go isolate yourself in your office and mask up in the halls good thing I work from home.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 07/26/21 10:28 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314662
07/26/21 10:36 PM
07/26/21 10:36 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
When you just create more more money and give it out, you make everything more expensive. Resources are always limited. If you paid worthless people a million an hour, they will still be poor, because everything will just cost more. The only value in money is what it will get you.

The crap jobs around me that can't get filled pay $14.00 to $22.00 an hour and our cost of living is low.

More poor people in America die of obesity related issues than anything else. They're not starving.

"People in America who live in the most poverty-dense counties are those most prone to obesity.""

https://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/60/11/2667

Today's American poor people are mostly lazy and stupid, which is why they die of obesity.

There are decent paying jobs for anyone even barely capable of working.

Keith

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314677
07/26/21 10:50 PM
07/26/21 10:50 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Pratt & Whitney is building a jet airplane plant in Asheville for military planes. Salaries will run about $80k with on the job training.,,I am sure some math and machine skills will required, but 100s of these openings are being sought with many left to fill.

Good jobs are out there.

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314681
07/26/21 10:57 PM
07/26/21 10:57 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
part of the reason for the obesity is the cheap food is high sugar much of the time , compounded by also not being very filling and the lack of cooking education most people have let alone the poor.

the number of people who think stew comes from a can is ridiculous so few people can cook , most just reheat a can or a box and call it cooking.

you see it working the food pantry , they just don't know what to do with half the stuff being given out

heck half of them are unlikely to have a sharp knife in the house they could cut up the big roasts and hams and such being given away frozen

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7314695
07/26/21 11:06 PM
07/26/21 11:06 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
part of the reason for the obesity is the cheap food is high sugar much of the time , compounded by also not being very filling and the lack of cooking education most people have let alone the poor.

the number of people who think stew comes from a can is ridiculous so few people can cook , most just reheat a can or a box and call it cooking.

you see it working the food pantry , they just don't know what to do with half the stuff being given out

heck half of them are unlikely to have a sharp knife in the house they could cut up the big roasts and hams and such being given away frozen

Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland and other Ohio cities gave poor people free cooking lessons and even offered paying them on completion of the classes. The goal was twofold, to get the poor to eat healthier and to hopefully get some of them to get decent paying jobs in the food service industry. The program failed miserably because the poor didn't want to take the time to cook or get jobs.

It's a liberal lie that the poor just don't know how to cook. It's the same basic lie they tell, that blacks can't get ID to vote. Poor people in America today are mostly lazy, less than worthless human beings. They are a drain on everyone else in America.

Working burns calories. America's poor of today for the most part don't work.

Keith

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314699
07/26/21 11:12 PM
07/26/21 11:12 PM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
I retired early, I figured let some young buck take over after I leave off.
Talk about bad assumptions.
There is so much opportunity out there for young people today.
Just think, people are being hired to drive truck with no CDL, the employer will train you so you can get a CDL and pay you $20/hr while you do it.
Not to mention a $10,000 signing bonus, I never even heard of a signing bonus when I was younger.

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: danvee] #7314703
07/26/21 11:14 PM
07/26/21 11:14 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by danvee

^ lotsa truth there but there are also other reasons for the worker shortage.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314704
07/26/21 11:17 PM
07/26/21 11:17 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The coddled America I see are not hungry enough to work . The fat -- drive their nice SUV's through a drive up food bank ( don't even have to get their lazy a z outta the car ) and then down the street to the pot shop

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314710
07/26/21 11:25 PM
07/26/21 11:25 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The country is quite fat and soft......but, not I! I am hard and lean.

I went down to the state park boat ramps the past two days to sit in the shade with my binos, eat and watch what was going on. The amount of just plain fat slobs was very disconcerting. It was the ramps nearest to the camping area and they load em into the boats and drive down to the lake....these folks walking around in bathing suits with just 100+ pounds of blubber on em.....what a sight..no pride in their appearance whatsoever....we in trouble.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7314733
07/27/21 12:20 AM
07/27/21 12:20 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Ain't buying that. All these so called poor people have cell phones. Takes two seconds to ask Google "how to cook a ____ (ham, roast, rice, squash, whatever)". It's just laziness.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: SGT. C] #7314734
07/27/21 12:21 AM
07/27/21 12:21 AM
The Panhandle of Alaska
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

The Panhandle of Alaska
Call them what they are, useless.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: mad_mike] #7314738
07/27/21 01:04 AM
07/27/21 01:04 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by mad_mike
Call them what they are, useless.

They're worse than useless. They are parasites, a net drain on American society.

Keith

Re: Employee Shortage [Re: yotetrapper30] #7314812
07/27/21 08:08 AM
07/27/21 08:08 AM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Ain't buying that. All these so called poor people have cell phones. Takes two seconds to ask Google "how to cook a ____ (ham, roast, rice, squash, whatever)". It's just laziness.

Angela, I don't have a smartphone, so I can't look that stuff up on my flip phone...However, I do have access to a computer for google and if the system goes down there is always the old cookbook on the shelf!! Like you, I do not blame the food, but the fools too lazy to take better care of themselves...

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: Employee Shortage [Re: KeithC] #7314816
07/27/21 08:11 AM
07/27/21 08:11 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by KeithC
Our local stores have shorter hours of operation now. All the places that used to be open 24 hours, such as Walmart, Kroger and all the local gas stations close between 9:00 pm and 11:00 pm now.

A whole lot of restaurants and small stores are closed on Monday or Tuesday now.

The liberals paid people to stay home and they won't go back to work, because they make less and have to work at work.

Keith

A lot of restaurants around here have closed for good.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread