No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317348
07/30/21 01:10 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The Montagnards that helped our special forces did not get much help in the end that I ever heard of.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Law Dog] #7317349
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Law Dog
The Montagnards that helped our special forces did not get much help in the end that I ever heard of.

Never heard of them. Which war?

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: charles] #7317352
07/30/21 01:16 PM
07/30/21 01:16 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by charles
We brought lots of South Viet Nam residents to the US when we left Saigon.

And a lot of German scientist and top officials after WW2. Sure that all got new names and jobs.

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Pike River] #7317354
07/30/21 01:19 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Pike River

Never heard of them. Which war?

Indigenous people of Vietnam.

Last edited by Law Dog; 07/30/21 01:24 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Law Dog] #7317356
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
They helped us we help them it’s the American way, if we keep walking away from people that we had their backs then left behind nobody would trust us again most don’t now. If not for Politicians we might win some wars again better yet not have any to begin with.

I agree and I am not saying we should not bring these 221 people here , it is really sad we keep ending wars like this , think Mong peoples , we couldn't win so we brough them here , it would have been better if we could have found a way to win but

hey , land wars in Asia and all

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Pike River] #7317359
07/30/21 01:22 PM
07/30/21 01:22 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Pike River
They helped us we help them it’s the American way, if we keep walking away from people that we had their backs then left behind nobody would trust us again most don’t now. If not for Politicians we might win some wars again better yet not have any to begin with.

Agreed

I have met a lot of Iraqis and Afghans, who got US citizenship for serving with our troops. They earned it and we owe them.

Keith

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317361
07/30/21 01:27 PM
07/30/21 01:27 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The Montagnards are like our Indians and the Hmong are the New World invaders that left China.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317377
07/30/21 01:51 PM
07/30/21 01:51 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Even though I disagree with a lot of our unnecessary military interventions, I generally agree that we should not leave assistance providing natives high and dry. I am not interested in subsidizing them with U.S. tax dollars though. The can learn to drive a cab and pay their own way.

But have y'all considered that these are MUSLIMS? That's right, more Muslims en route to the U.S.

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317381
07/30/21 01:58 PM
07/30/21 01:58 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Trump started the program to move the Afgan eyes out and close the war over there, Biden finishing the job. China will soon move in and give it a try just like the US and Russians before us. I'm guessing the Chinese will do business different. China moving into South America and dumping tons of money in and staying out of the politics. Who really cares how Afgans rule their country we are not going to stop terrorism over there or anywhere else. Best we try to deal with it here as best we can and our own civil war. We should have learned our lesson in Vietnam, but war is big money started by politicians at the cost of our young and parents burying their children.

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Law Dog] #7317419
07/30/21 02:59 PM
07/30/21 02:59 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo

St. Louis has a fairly large 'Hmong" community, as does Minnisota.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317422
07/30/21 03:09 PM
07/30/21 03:09 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Biden will start nonstop flights from Afghanistan of anyone that wants to come to America. This will be used by this administration as anther way to flood America with immigrants to destroy the country as fast as they can. Importing people and bussing and flying them around the country like they are doing now. The flights will never stop once they start I bet.

We already had a beheading in Minnesota the other day. Expect more of that soon.

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: yukonjeff] #7317428
07/30/21 03:22 PM
07/30/21 03:22 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

We already had a beheading in Minnesota the other day. Expect more of that soon.

And the suspect in custody is a "christian" that was born and raised here.

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: danvee] #7317432
07/30/21 03:37 PM
07/30/21 03:37 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by danvee
Trump started the program to move the Afgan eyes out and close the war over there, Biden finishing the job. China will soon move in and give it a try just like the US and Russians before us. I'm guessing the Chinese will do business different. China moving into South America and dumping tons of money in and staying out of the politics. Who really cares how Afgans rule their country we are not going to stop terrorism over there or anywhere else. Best we try to deal with it here as best we can and our own civil war. We should have learned our lesson in Vietnam, but war is big money started by politicians at the cost of our young and parents burying their children.

We've been giving Iraqis, Afghans and Iranians, American citizenship, for working with our special forces since at least the late seventies.

Keith

Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317471
07/30/21 05:27 PM
07/30/21 05:27 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
We have a lot of Hmong in WI , they seem to like it fine so many that the state publishes all our hunting and Fishing Regs in Hmong

the Lutheran church sponsored a lot of them in WI an MN

had a guy that frequented the auto shop I worked at years ago , he had been worked with our troops in Vietnam as a scout and was able to move here after the war , he was an interesting guy always wore fatigue pants and sandals

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: henpecked1] #7317501
07/30/21 06:25 PM
07/30/21 06:25 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
We owe it to these people who helped us, however misguided our mission may have been. Better to shelter them here than to abandon them to a bunch of murderous religious fanatics.

And we owe them support for an initial period when they get here until they can find jobs and begin assimilation into a foreign culture. Culture shock will probably be extreme.

We are the USA. We stand with our friends, and against our enemies.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: Blaine County] #7317855
07/31/21 01:57 AM
07/31/21 01:57 AM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Even though I disagree with a lot of our unnecessary military interventions, I generally agree that we should not leave assistance providing natives high and dry. I am not interested in subsidizing them with U.S. tax dollars though. The can learn to drive a cab and pay their own way.

But have y'all considered that these are MUSLIMS? That's right, more Muslims en route to the U.S.

These guys aren't getting that money. That money will be channeled through various "agencies" for pet projects and paybacks for favors. Worked with some great terps on my deployments. We put them in a no win situation. We paid better than the terrorists did, but by taking a job with us it put a target on not only their back but their families as well. Had a terp on my second deployment to Iraq who had his oldest son executed in front of him because he was working for us. He hated al Qaeda more than anyone in this country. If they're left over there, they're as good as dead. I'd bet there will be many that get killed before this program helps them relocate. I'd rather help these guys than the freaking fence jumpers coming up from Mexico. At least they served a purpose other than a guaranteed vote for the dems.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: sneaky] #7317856
07/31/21 02:01 AM
07/31/21 02:01 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by sneaky
Originally Posted by Blaine County

These guys aren't getting that money. That money will be channeled through various "agencies" for pet projects and paybacks for favors. Worked with some great terps on my deployments. We put them in a no win situation. We paid better than the terrorists did, but by taking a job with us it put a target on not only their back but their families as well. Had a terp on my second deployment to Iraq who had his oldest son executed in front of him because he was working for us. He hated al Qaeda more than anyone in this country. If they're left over there, they're as good as dead. I'd bet there will be many that get killed before this program helps them relocate. I'd rather help these guys than the freaking fence jumpers coming up from Mexico. At least they served a purpose other than a guaranteed vote for the dems.

Good post!

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Afgan interpreters coming to America "finally" [Re: James] #7317911
07/31/21 07:44 AM
07/31/21 07:44 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by James
We owe it to these people who helped us, however misguided our mission may have been. Better to shelter them here than to abandon them to a bunch of murderous religious fanatics.

And we owe them support for an initial period when they get here until they can find jobs and begin assimilation into a foreign culture. Culture shock will probably be extreme.

We are the USA. We stand with our friends, and against our enemies.

Jim

Sounds fair.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread