No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Politics everywhere #7318515
07/31/21 10:21 PM
07/31/21 10:21 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Why is it in the last six years or so politics have seeped into every dag blasted thing out there?! I swear you can't do or say anything anymore with out either some he she complaining about the republicans every breath or some redhat blaming every thing from it being to hot to the price of race in china on the democrats. Like seriously can't get away from it. I swear it wasn't this bad a while back . Hobbies for the most part where kinda a break from all this but not anymore it seems. Just a bunchReally don't understand why people don't go to actual political forms and what not smirk

Ok rant over

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318520
07/31/21 10:25 PM
07/31/21 10:25 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Trapping is a political issue. So long as there are people out there who want to bend your will to theirs, there will be politics.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318523
07/31/21 10:26 PM
07/31/21 10:26 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
You start worrying about people’s choices you will grow old fast son.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318525
07/31/21 10:27 PM
07/31/21 10:27 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Every thing we do is affected by politics now days

It's all coming to a head

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318532
07/31/21 10:35 PM
07/31/21 10:35 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Going back quite a few years, neither the dems or repubs were in love with Bush Jr. And during that time people just seemed more normal. If someone went to get a cake baked for a gay wedding and the owner said sorry, but that goes against my Religion, the couple would say ok and move on to the next baker, not sue them for everything they have and make sure it gets on the front page of every newspaper.

Probably not what you want to hear, but things took a turn for the worse during Obama's Presidency. He stood up for the freaks, for the thugs, for the criminals, for the illegal aliens, for the terrorists, and basically for everyone BUT the common American. The result of that was that the LGQBT freaks, the criminals, the illegals, the terrorists and etc., were emboldened. They began to demand not equal rights, but special treatment. Soon you would lose your business if you didn't bake a cake that went against your religion. It became illegal to search someone that appeared to possibly be a terrorist at the airport. If ICE saw a car load of illegal immigrants, they couldn't stop them. If someone attacked a police officer and was shot for it, they became a hero and martyr and not the common thug they really were. Then the media got on board and also started defending these dregs of American society. And by the end of Obama's presidency, the nation was divided clearly down the middle, to a point it is has not been since the Civil War.

As much as I liked Trump, he certainly didn't help the divide, although there was no way he could have. It was too deep by then. The same for Biden. Even if it was his honest, heart felt desire to rejoin the country, he couldn't do it. If he took the middle ground, he would be crucified by his supporters and it still wouldn't be enough for his detractors.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen, but barring some truly catastrophic event that could possibly band everyone together as Americans again, I just don't see any way for this country to ever heal.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318534
07/31/21 10:38 PM
07/31/21 10:38 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Maybe an out of control, over sized , power hungry government is a little to blame for it. Plus a lot of people are dependent 9n the government for housing, food, medical and employment.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318550
07/31/21 10:54 PM
07/31/21 10:54 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
A lot of the problem is what we are doing right at this moment ,on a computer or cell phone. We can instantly vent or praise but the one thing we don't do that we use to do before all this is think about what we say before we say it. We would take a few days think things over and realize maybe what we had to say wasn't so important after all. Just a thought.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318551
07/31/21 10:57 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Its like sports some root for either side.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318553
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I am going along with rex123. The expansion in use and speed at which some folks can hear of things going on, and their ability to remain anonymous while spouting incendiary statements and accusations to literally millions in seconds, is ruining our society and in turn, the world.

Moosetrot

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Yes sir] #7318557
07/31/21 11:00 PM
07/31/21 11:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Maybe an out of control, over sized , power hungry government is a little to blame for it. Plus a lot of people are dependent 9n the government for housing, food, medical and employment.

Yup. And both parties are to blame.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318587
07/31/21 11:28 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Your life could change tomorrow and not for the better most likely it’s a struggle for power today the people are just drones in a hive.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318589
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You should have more than two parties.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: yotetrapper30] #7318593
07/31/21 11:34 PM
07/31/21 11:34 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Going back quite a few years, neither the dems or repubs were in love with Bush Jr. And during that time people just seemed more normal. If someone went to get a cake baked for a gay wedding and the owner said sorry, but that goes against my Religion, the couple would say ok and move on to the next baker, not sue them for everything they have and make sure it gets on the front page of every newspaper.

Probably not what you want to hear, but things took a turn for the worse during Obama's Presidency. He stood up for the freaks, for the thugs, for the criminals, for the illegal aliens, for the terrorists, and basically for everyone BUT the common American. The result of that was that the LGQBT freaks, the criminals, the illegals, the terrorists and etc., were emboldened. They began to demand not equal rights, but special treatment. Soon you would lose your business if you didn't bake a cake that went against your religion. It became illegal to search someone that appeared to possibly be a terrorist at the airport. If ICE saw a car load of illegal immigrants, they couldn't stop them. If someone attacked a police officer and was shot for it, they became a hero and martyr and not the common thug they really were. Then the media got on board and also started defending these dregs of American society. And by the end of Obama's presidency, the nation was divided clearly down the middle, to a point it is has not been since the Civil War.

As much as I liked Trump, he certainly didn't help the divide, although there was no way he could have. It was too deep by then. The same for Biden. Even if it was his honest, heart felt desire to rejoin the country, he couldn't do it. If he took the middle ground, he would be crucified by his supporters and it still wouldn't be enough for his detractors.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen, but barring some truly catastrophic event that could possibly band everyone together as Americans again, I just don't see any way for this country to ever heal.

I don't agree with all of that, but a few of the statements are exceptions.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318604
07/31/21 11:44 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Wolfdog, you ask some mighty good questions.

The division became worse under Obama. Partly that was due to the fact that many could not accept his liberal policies, and others were upset that he wasn't white--even though they'll never admit it. Obama missed the boat a few times when he might have made things better. Obama was an urbanite, through and through; he had no ability to empathize with rural folks.

Then Trump became president. By playing only to his followers instead of the nation, he made things worse.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess, but I fear things may get worse before they get better.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318605
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
When everything in your life you enjoy or hold dear is under constant threat and attack that's the result.

Hunting, trapping,guns, religion, the vehicle you drive, ability to have and express your opinion, ECT...

You know just being a white male some how I'm s racist responsible for slavery 200 years before I was Born.
But that's the point. Distraction and division.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: James] #7318612
08/01/21 12:00 AM
08/01/21 12:00 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by James

The division became worse under Obama. Partly that was due to the fact that many could not accept his liberal policies, and others were upset that he wasn't white--even though they'll never admit it. Obama missed the boat a few times when he might have made things better. Obama was an urbanite, through and through; he had no ability to empathize with rural folks.

Then Trump became president. By playing only to his followers instead of the nation, he made things worse.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess, but I fear things may get worse before they get better.

Jim

[Linked Image]

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: Wolfdog91] #7318618
08/01/21 12:14 AM
08/01/21 12:14 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Because they have made everything political

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Politics everywhere [Re: James] #7318621
08/01/21 12:19 AM
08/01/21 12:19 AM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD

Jim

While i agree there probably are people who didnt like having a black president, because blatant racism is definitely a thing, the vast majority of those people youre referring to wouldve been perfectly fine with a guy like Ben Carson. You know, a non-racist level headed black guy like Obama clearly wasnt. For the record-he was a black guy. He was just racist. You dissed trump for pandering to republicans-now how about a shot at Biden for his take on things, (when he remembers to have one). Now put on that mask and take that shot. Cmon man.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: James] #7318622
08/01/21 12:20 AM
08/01/21 12:20 AM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I don't agree with all of that, but a few of the statements are exceptions.

Jim

This goes for the post you made after too james.

I can see some truth in both posts.

This started in the 70s and 80s when the country lost manufacturing jobs and started to be a split between service jobs and professional jobs. We have lost our ability to have empathy for each other. I owe no one anything but will dang sure be willing to see anybody succeed if they put in the effort.

Re: Politics everywhere [Re: James] #7318636
08/01/21 12:54 AM
08/01/21 12:54 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Jim

Based on his campaign promises when he was running, I knew Obama wasn't going to be my favorite President. That said, I was interested in watching to see how things went, because Barack Obama had an opportunity that no black person in this country had ever had. As the President of the United States, at the point in time when he was elected, he had the opportunity to bridge what racial divide there was in this country. I hoped to see him promote the black race in a positive manner, focusing on the opportunities available for them and the success stories of those who had embraced those opportunities. After all, if a black can could become President, what couldn't they do?

But he went the complete opposite direction of that, choosing instead to embrace criminals like Michael Brown and Trayvon "he could be my son" Martin. It was those choices he made that was like taking a pair of scissors to a tiny tear in the fabric of this country and rending it wide open.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 08/01/21 12:57 AM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread