No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319542
08/02/21 05:27 AM
08/02/21 05:27 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
SJA you asked a question then gave me two possible answers. Neither of which was the answer to your question. Since you want to ask and answer I saw no point in answering.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: James] #7319550
08/02/21 05:52 AM
08/02/21 05:52 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by James
I only pester Christians with questions when they start proselytizing on threads about other subjects. This is a dedicated religious thread.
Carry on. Jim

and there we have it...

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319555
08/02/21 06:19 AM
08/02/21 06:19 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I have come to believe James may be Greek, evidenced by his searching for wisdom.
This may help him "see" faith seeking understanding.

The orthodox (greek = right opinion) Christian would realize all these have a seat at the table of truth;
truth exists in exegesis of Scripture > the tone setter for integrating all these other categories
truth exists in science > responsible science is a source of information from general revelation and humanity
truth exists in philosophy > as a tool for establishing appropriate cultural methods. Example: God intended reading (observation) & interpretation (philosophy)
truth exists in human life experience > area of testing and communicating truth. Bible expects a levels of "experience" Psalm 22
truth exists in history > as a window to ancient tradition of orthodoxy (evangelicals weak here as a note)
truth exists in theology (discussion of God) > Christocentric & Trinitarian as a centering guide post

God has revealed all things James. This may assist you in some way.
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319659
08/02/21 09:04 AM
08/02/21 09:04 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I got a message yesterday on FB informing me a friend of mine from back in our school days suffered a massive heart attack and didn't make it. I think he was fifty-nine. Us older guys realize just how young that is. Death came to him like a thief in the night. I don't think he was a believer.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319706
08/02/21 09:50 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Our Lord's thief in the night is a perfect metaphor but some don't think their home will be broken into.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: James] #7319707
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by James
I only pester Christians with questions when they start proselytizing on threads about other subjects. This is a dedicated religious thread.

Carry on.

Jim

When you have studied and practiced law for years, where you have ate it, dreamed it and lived it, don't you find it hard when just talking to a person on the street, that its hard to keep your subconsciousness from drawing from the well from which you have drank and lived from your entire life? Maybe its the same with people that has ate and lived a life dedicated to the spiritual aspect of life. They are like on auto pilot and that is where they rest and in any converse it comes out there because that is who they are. Its like a standard that their whole world is based on. Then when you mix people that is on a gold standard with those that are on say a bitcoin standard it becomes babel that the 2 sides can't or won't relate to each other.

The whole idea to get the whole world on one order and complete harmony is a fantasy that ends when the dream becomes a nightmare.

Yes people don't like to be hounded by a proselytizing do-gooder any more than they like to hounded by a legalists who has defined right and wrong down to what the meaning of "is" is.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319709
08/02/21 09:59 AM
08/02/21 09:59 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The reason you get all the debating on here is that only a very few of us are still trapping.
Many are in a funk,disgruntled that they cant make any money trapping anymore.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7319713
08/02/21 10:05 AM
08/02/21 10:05 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Boco
The reason you get all the debating on here is that only a very few of us are still trapping.

I'm a member of a bowhunting forum, a tractor forum and a forum devoted to burning coal. Politics, religion and everything else is discussed in every one of those forums. Things are intertwined and I enjoy knowing how others think. We spend a fair amount of time together and it's a great way to get to know each other.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319715
08/02/21 10:10 AM
08/02/21 10:10 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Thats what I'm saying,not many hardcore trappers anymore.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7319719
08/02/21 10:18 AM
08/02/21 10:18 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

My disgruntledness comes from seeing how that freedoms as in free markets can be picked off one at a time, naturally starting with the weakest and most controversial industry working its way up to hog house and finally to my house !

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: danny clifton] #7319727
08/02/21 10:24 AM
08/02/21 10:24 AM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by danny clifton
SJA you asked a question then gave me two possible answers. Neither of which was the answer to your question. Since you want to ask and answer I saw no point in answering.

Then your reply, in itself, is an answer. :-)

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319825
08/02/21 12:14 PM
08/02/21 12:14 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Huh?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7319878
08/02/21 01:54 PM
08/02/21 01:54 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Mark June
I have come to believe James may be Greek, evidenced by his searching for wisdom.

The orthodox (greek = right opinion) Christian would realize all these have a seat at the table of truth;
truth exists in exegesis of Scripture > the tone setter for integrating all these other categories
truth exists in science > responsible science is a source of information from general revelation and humanity
truth exists in philosophy > as a tool for establishing appropriate cultural methods. Example: God intended reading (observation) & interpretation (philosophy)
truth exists in human life experience > area of testing and communicating truth. Bible expects a levels of "experience" Psalm 22
truth exists in history > as a window to ancient tradition of orthodoxy (evangelicals weak here as a note)
truth exists in theology (discussion of God) > Christocentric & Trinitarian as a centering guide post

Blessings,
Mark

Interesting info.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: run] #7320076
08/02/21 07:12 PM
08/02/21 07:12 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by run
Originally Posted by Mark June

Blessings,
Mark

Interesting info.

There shouldn't be much sparring between most Christian theologians over these categories, but the degree to which each seat at the truth table is allowed to steer the doctrine and/or dogma is debated. I hold that Scripture is the ultimate Truth, but above all else, it's God narrative story so that humans can know God's Creation, Redemption, Restoration Plan.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320168
08/02/21 09:04 PM
08/02/21 09:04 PM
Florida
H
Hawg Daddy Offline
trapper
Hawg Daddy  Offline
trapper
H

Florida
I was reading Matthew 22 and vs. five jumped off the page "and they made light of it and went there ways" heart breaking.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320251
08/02/21 09:59 PM
08/02/21 09:59 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Priorities are always a challenge for the depraved mind.

A bit of deeper meaning in sin has been articulated and I enjoy reading Augustine;
These four states, which are derived from the Scripture, correspond to the four states of man in relation to sin enumerated by Augustine of Hippo: (a) able to sin, able not to sin (posse peccare, posse non peccare); (b) not able not to sin (non posse non peccare); (c) able not to sin (posse non peccare); and (d) unable to sin (non posse peccare). The first state corresponds to the state of man in innocency, before the Fall; the second the state of the natural man after the Fall; the third the state of the regenerate man; and the fourth the glorified man.

It must be noted that in all four states, man is free to choose what to do or not to do according to his will.
His will is free because it is not forced or compelled from without. However, his will is determined by his own moral inclinations. This means that while the glorified man will always choose to do good because his heart’s inclination is always to glorify God; the natural fallen man will always do what is evil (in God’s eyes), because his motives are never pure, and never to glorify God.

1800 years haven't changed this theological thesis one bit.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7320253
08/02/21 10:02 PM
08/02/21 10:02 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Thats what I'm saying,not many hardcore trappers anymore.

There are plenty of great trappers on here. Good grief

Good thread Mark

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320273
08/02/21 10:26 PM
08/02/21 10:26 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Bull,on the whole first page only one post about trapping (the fur auction).
Nobodys trapping.Thats why everyone is debating.

Last edited by Boco; 08/02/21 10:27 PM.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7320341
08/02/21 11:44 PM
08/02/21 11:44 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Bull,on the whole first page only one post about trapping (the fur auction).
Nobodys trapping.Thats why everyone is debating.

Trapping topics will pick up as the season approaches. We're still a ways out.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320344
08/02/21 11:51 PM
08/02/21 11:51 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
I guess I just assumed this was primarily a nontrapping related forum. One reason I didn't come on here for years, just hit Strictly Trapping, the Wilderness and Lure Formulators forums. I debate politics from time to time on another website, so I finally started checking and posting on this forum when post slow down on the trapping forums during the off season.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread