No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Purge [Re: danny clifton] #7320476
08/03/21 07:27 AM
08/03/21 07:27 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
We have a long way to go in treating and diagnosing mental illness. Progresss is being made but think how many centuries it took to get physical medicine to todays standards. Yet sttill much we cant treat and don’t know.

Danny I read somewhere a few years ago that 100 years ago we had 1 mental hospital room for every 1000 people and now it’s 1 per 100,000. Don’t quote me on that but pretty sure it was close to that. There is to much reliance on meds now in my opinion. Give them a script and send them out the door. Nobody bothers to make sure the meds get taken. We’ve made great advances like you stated but some folks just need locked up.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: The Purge [Re: yotetrapper30] #7320584
08/03/21 09:39 AM
08/03/21 09:39 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
You can haul people to the mental hospitals and they will be out in 3 days often, heck some might beat you home rarely do they stay more then 3 days. It takes longer to get one admitted then it takes to drive them to the hospital and back at the far end of the State. A person that had issues the night before might be accepted later in the next day. Even after the hours it takes to get someone committed they make you wait another half hour to a hours before they let you leave.

They will try to refuse them if they are violent without a court order most likely because of the need for a cell to keep them in while there. You walk in with a murder suspect you have 20 staff there for the intake process.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: The Purge [Re: yotetrapper30] #7320586
08/03/21 09:40 AM
08/03/21 09:40 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Movie theatres are like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't go to one un-armed. Although it sounds like these poor kids didn't have a chance either way.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: The Purge [Re: ] #7320641
08/03/21 11:24 AM
08/03/21 11:24 AM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June
Our modern era answer to psychiatric issues is typically the medical science of using pills.
In some instances, perhaps another science is used to explore (psychology or sociology) the issues.
As a result in the 21st century, 1 in 6 Americans is on a psychiatric drug (it seems much higher than that where I chaplain - I see about 1 in 3) and the medical sciences are ramping these numbers up more each year.
I guess folks now believe a pill is the sole answer, because that's what they primality ask for and that's what they primarily get.
I wish pills worked all by themselves like they claim to.
They don't.

Blessings,
Mark

Most of them needed treated with a belt when they were young. There are crazy people, always have been always will be. But not learning consequences and to mind your manners and not hurt other people when you are young is a fault of the parents.

Re: The Purge [Re: WadeRyan] #7320645
08/03/21 11:30 AM
08/03/21 11:30 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Movie theatres are like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't go to one un-armed. Although it sounds like these poor kids didn't have a chance either way.

You might have saved the taxpayers some money had you been there. This will take a year or so winding its way through the court and we'll wind up feeding him for the next fifty years. That's not justice.

Re: The Purge [Re: yotetrapper30] #7320646
08/03/21 11:32 AM
08/03/21 11:32 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Mark David Chapman was supposedly all mental about The Catcher in the Rye when he shot John Lennon.

Some people are crazy. Some people are criminals. Some people are just bad people. Some are all three. When you start blaming something other than the person, we get into dangerous 2A territory.

If however we are going to lay blame, I think social media is worse than movies and video games, by far. Social media is not only a fantasy filled echo chamber, but it's also proving to be addictive.

P.S. I watched the first Purge. It was an alright movie. I would have defended my place way differently than Ethan Hawke did.

I don't in any way think movies or video games should be banned. And while this isn't the case here, I do think parents should be more selective in what they let their kids watch and play.

The parents play these games

olden tyred
Re: The Purge [Re: yotetrapper30] #7320684
08/03/21 12:13 PM
08/03/21 12:13 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I don't in any way think movies or video games should be banned. And while this isn't the case here, I do think parents should be more selective in what they let their kids watch and play.

The parents play these games

I think adult "gamers" are weird, but whatever--most people think what I do for fun is weird.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread