No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320345
08/02/21 11:52 PM
08/02/21 11:52 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
And by the way Mark, our preacher had a sermon on the same passage last week.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7320434
08/03/21 06:27 AM
08/03/21 06:27 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Boco
Bull,on the whole first page only one post about trapping (the fur auction).
Nobodys trapping.Thats why everyone is debating.

That's why I like these here trappers.
A lively scrappy, tell it like it is bunch.
grin

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7320443
08/03/21 06:46 AM
08/03/21 06:46 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

It's August so......

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Pawnee] #7320446
08/03/21 06:55 AM
08/03/21 06:55 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Pawnee
Thats what I'm saying,not many hardcore trappers anymore.

There are plenty of great trappers on here. Good grief

Good thread Mark

You took the bait, Pawnee. That's what he was looking for.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: bearcat2] #7320454
08/03/21 07:04 AM
08/03/21 07:04 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by bearcat2
And by the way Mark, our preacher had a sermon on the same passage last week.

Refreshing to hear of pastors, preachers, and priests simply teaching God's Word.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320455
08/03/21 07:09 AM
08/03/21 07:09 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Thank you for starting the thread, Mark June.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320473
08/03/21 07:25 AM
08/03/21 07:25 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Sure run. Wish I was in VA about now. I like your country a lot and don't get out that way much.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320668
08/03/21 12:00 PM
08/03/21 12:00 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Maybe in social settings hardcore trappers seem unavailable, especially in off season which just happens to be hardcore fishing season.

In Ester, paganism does not allow for religious discourse so God’s name is unmentionable in pagan settings. Ester was a commission to the Jewish people to allow God-talk to be part of their spiritual conversation and to beware of leaders who demand less than the fulfillment of the moral agency of each person who by dint of humanity, carries God’s’ image.

In this day freedoms are often shouted from the highest rooftops, esp. the freedoms of religion and speech. Some don't mind being pushed underground esp. when they see the bumper crop of potatoes and peanuts. I guess one could say they are a secret crop. Still some understand and some don't.

Can't count the times, I've seen instances when Gods' name wasn't in it but the hand of God was.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Gary Benson] #7320680
08/03/21 12:08 PM
08/03/21 12:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Gary Benson

It's August so......

Thats what I'm saying hardcore trappers trap all year round.
Fur in winter,nuisance in summer.

Last edited by Boco; 08/03/21 12:08 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: danny clifton] #7320834
08/03/21 03:26 PM
08/03/21 03:26 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place

since that generation is long gone what is the correct interpretation?

Jesus isn't referring to the people He was telling this to as being the generation He was mentioning. Instead, He's referring to the generation that is alive at the time these things are beginning to happen.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Boco] #7320871
08/03/21 04:32 PM
08/03/21 04:32 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
[/quote]
Thats what I'm saying hardcore trappers trap all year round.
Fur in winter,nuisance in summer.[/quote]
Personally, I like to give aminals a chance to raise their young in the summer, ensuring a renewable resource year after year.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7320928
08/03/21 05:32 PM
08/03/21 05:32 PM
Hot Springs SD
L
Larry Bowden Offline
trapper
Larry Bowden  Offline
trapper
L

Hot Springs SD
Thank you Mark.

Western SD Fur Harvesters, SDTA, NTA, FTA and life member of NRA. Cancer survivor (7 years) and still fighting it.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: Foxpaw] #7321059
08/03/21 08:04 PM
08/03/21 08:04 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Maybe in social settings hardcore trappers seem unavailable, especially in off season which just happens to be hardcore fishing season.

In Ester, paganism does not allow for religious discourse so God’s name is unmentionable in pagan settings. Ester was a commission to the Jewish people to allow God-talk to be part of their spiritual conversation and to beware of leaders who demand less than the fulfillment of the moral agency of each person who by dint of humanity, carries God’s’ image.

In this day freedoms are often shouted from the highest rooftops, esp. the freedoms of religion and speech. Some don't mind being pushed underground esp. when they see the bumper crop of potatoes and peanuts. I guess one could say they are a secret crop. Still some understand and some don't.

Can't count the times, I've seen instances when Gods' name wasn't in it but the hand of God was.

Not exactly sure if you're saying the faithful are a secret crop alone? I may be way off on what you're posting.
The Church, the ecclesia, was ordained by our Lord as a body of members in kiononia (community).
In fact, we are in what's known as the Church age - the time between the 1st and 2nd advent (coming).... started with the sending of the Spirit in Acts 2, Who indwells the believer with gift(s) not for the individual themselves, but for the community of the faithful as a whole.

Evangelicals (I'm in this camp theologically) are particularly weak in their doctrine of Ecclesiology, but it's part of our sanctification and best done in person with other believers.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321104
08/03/21 09:04 PM
08/03/21 09:04 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Trapdog1 I knew I was but dang I just couldn’t take it anymore.

Mark, this is off your subject but I deal with the subject of intersection with the wife’s family. I’d like to hear your thoughts. I’ve went to Mass with the family every week for 25 years and enjoy it. No need for the usual bashers to chime in. It’s pulled from the Old Testament if I have it right. This old Baptist boy just wasn’t raised saying a prayer to a Saint. Thanks

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321106
08/03/21 09:07 PM
08/03/21 09:07 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
It happens to all of us at one time or another!

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321115
08/03/21 09:22 PM
08/03/21 09:22 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Pawnee,
My thoughts are patristic in nature as in the Nicene Constantinople Creed of the 4th century verbiage; One (united), Holy (set apart), Catholic (universal - as in all believers in all churches; Augustine believed it was all believers in Heaven and on Earth), Apostolic (as handed down from those who saw the Risen Savior personally).

The Protestant and Roman Catholic schism of 1517 wasn't over core doctrines as both affirm them. Both are orthodox (correct thinking) in that regard but the RC's have heterodoxy (additional sacraments and prayerful petitions) that doesn't orbit too far out of orthodoxy so when I go to Catholic Mass with my aunt and uncle (I do once monthly) I simply don't pray to the saints or follow along in their mariology liturgies, but enjoy.... it's High Church. I do.

I think the RC's goes awry when they don't offer the Eucharist to one baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After all Matthew 28:19-20 is clear on how someone is initiated into the community of believers. That's an ancient church practice we should honor today.

As far as Intersection Theology, I believe the churches were divinely ordained by Christ, and as such too many churches have become ministries of causes when the Misseo Dei Mission of our Lord should be the same as the churches He ordained .... to seek and save the lost = the mission of spreading the Gospel. All the rest deters from the Christology of it all and inserts too much human preferences. Long subject. Short answer. Let's stick to Matthew's recording of the Great Commission. Period.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321121
08/03/21 09:30 PM
08/03/21 09:30 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
So, how's that boat coming along, Mark? Any pics.?

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321129
08/03/21 09:37 PM
08/03/21 09:37 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Sorry T-Rex, no boat pics. But I did talk with two nice families in literal shock today, in separate hospital rooms ,as their loved ones died. One man 48 in the ICU (drinking got his liver). One lady 23 (hit by a driver who was drinking at 11:00am).
No boat sir. Just real.

Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321132
08/03/21 09:39 PM
08/03/21 09:39 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Mark June
Pawnee,
My thoughts are patristic in nature as in the Nicene Constantinople Creed of the 4th century verbiage; One (united), Holy (set apart), Catholic (universal - as in all believers in all churches; Augustine believed it was all believers in Heaven and on Earth), Apostolic (as handed down from those who saw the Risen Savior personally).

The Protestant and Roman Catholic schism of 1517 wasn't over core doctrines as both affirm them. Both are orthodox (correct thinking) in that regard but the RC's have heterodoxy (additional sacraments and prayerful petitions) that doesn't orbit too far out of orthodoxy so when I go to Catholic Mass with my aunt and uncle (I do once monthly) I simply don't pray to the saints or follow along in their mariology liturgies, but enjoy.... it's High Church. I do.

I think the RC's goes awry when they don't offer the Eucharist to one baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After all Matthew 28:19-20 is clear on how someone is initiated into the community of believers. That's an ancient church practice we should honor today.

As far as Intersection Theology, I believe the churches were divinely ordained by Christ, and as such too many churches have become ministries of causes when the Misseo Dei Mission of our Lord was the same as the church's .... the seek and save the lost = the mission of spreading the Gospel. All the rest deters from the Christology of it all and inserts too much human preferences. Long subject. Short answer. Let's stick to Matthew Great Commission. Period.

Blessings,
Mark

Thanks Mark, the Commission it is

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Just like the days of Noah [Re: ] #7321136
08/03/21 09:41 PM
08/03/21 09:41 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I need to come bird hunting again and sit down to supper and talk shop.
And help you skin a pile of coyotes.
I don't skin the Texas dogs cause they don't have much fur down here.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread