No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bear baiting opener today. [Re: Posco] #7321618
08/04/21 02:10 PM
08/04/21 02:10 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Some good bears there.
Hopefully you can keep them out of your camp.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Bear baiting opener today. [Re: bblwi] #7321700
08/04/21 04:21 PM
08/04/21 04:21 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by bblwi
I am glad there are hunters who want to hunt bear. To me sitting in a stand with either a gallon of deet on or swatting bugs in 80 degree heat to sort through the several bear that are hitting a bait just is not for me. Also one needs to have a plan to get a 200 plus gutted carcass out of the bush and with ice or in a frig etc. in time to keep the meat from going bad is another issue. The one thing it does is in many cases brings out groups of hunters to get the job done and work more bears and the group aspect may well be the best part of the whole deal, especially with those that use hounds. I know several bear hunters that to them it is all about the hounds and the bears are far down the list of what they enjoy.

Bryce

my opinion that running bears with hounds is the best thing for keeping them well behaved and not wanting much to do with people in WI

group hunting is also a blast

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 08/04/21 04:21 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Bear baiting opener today. [Re: Boco] #7321981
08/04/21 09:19 PM
08/04/21 09:19 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline OP
trapper
Posco  Offline OP
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Boco
Some good bears there.
Hopefully you can keep them out of your camp.

There are some big ones around. I drove my tractor from town out to my cabin late this afternoon so I could move a granite slab tomorrow. It was late in the day but I figured if I drove the tractor close to the site it would move any bear off that might be on the bait without spooking it off. The bait had been hit. I pull the camera cards tomorrow and see what we have. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Re: Bear baiting opener today. [Re: Posco] #7326955
08/10/21 08:42 PM
08/10/21 08:42 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline OP
trapper
Posco  Offline OP
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Off to a slow start this year. Just one small bear and a sow with two cubs has hit the bait so far. Coons out the wazoo.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread