No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Afghanistan [Re: Chancey] #7330208
08/14/21 07:12 PM
08/14/21 07:12 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
helicopters need a LOT of maintenance and trained pilots. thats hard to believe

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Afghanistan [Re: Chancey] #7330215
08/14/21 07:17 PM
08/14/21 07:17 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Why is that hard to believe with Iran and Russia backing and supplying the Taliban?
Do you think only Americans can fly and maintain a helecopter?LOL.
You have a bad habit of underestimating your enemys.

Last edited by Boco; 08/14/21 07:18 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Afghanistan [Re: James] #7330286
08/14/21 08:53 PM
08/14/21 08:53 PM
Iowa
I
Iowagian Offline
trapper
Iowagian  Offline
trapper
I

Iowa
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by danny clifton
In WWII we destroyed Germany and Japan. That worked. No one was willing to do that in the middle east. Either go to war or stay home. I say we should have destroyed Saudi Arabia. The rest of the sand box would have been a lot quieter. I also say its not to late.

Destroyed Saudi Arabia? And killed how many innocent people?

I say we should target the individuals in the Saudi government and ruling Saud family who funded or supported 9/11. Our CIA probably knows who they are.

Spare the innocents. Punish the guilty.

Jim

Cmon James...where have you been? The CIA? Haven't you heard? It's Trump supporters who are the biggest threat to the US. You know....the 1/6 Shaman and all. The CIA is focused squarely on stamping out white supremacy and antivaxers....as they should be. Cmon man

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Marty] #7330295
08/14/21 09:06 PM
08/14/21 09:06 PM
saskatchewan canada
K
kingrat Offline
trapper
kingrat  Offline
trapper
K

saskatchewan canada
Originally Posted by Marty
top opium producer in recent history.......s/e asia was when we were in nam...coincidence? I doubt it.

if the tali had our weapons they would rain death down on the USA in a minute...since we never really fought to win they think we are a weak/soft country. they take back over nd you will see another major terror attack on the USA.

afgan is where empires go to be defeated..since alexander.

what a disgrace letting this happen after many lives lost and trillions of $ spent.

anymore the USA = disgrace. makes me sick.

Alot of good men and women from us and canada died and for what? Absolutely nothing.

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Boco] #7330313
08/14/21 09:29 PM
08/14/21 09:29 PM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
We will be leaving a military base full of Humvees and other equipment for the Taliban again just like obama did. Now Old Joe is giving them a second helping of American equipment including drones.
They will literally be shooting at us with our own guns as we run away.

It is also being used as a distraction from our own border crises that will soon overwhelm us.

Heard a news report today that the Taliban are flying American helecopters all over the country.

Not where i'm at!

jim
Re: Afghanistan [Re: kingrat] #7330314
08/14/21 09:30 PM
08/14/21 09:30 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
[/quote]

Alot of good men and women from us and canada died and for what? Absolutely nothing.[/quote]

This is what bothers me the most.

My Son in law fought there from 2009-2011. He called it the #@&*% hole of the world. You couldn’t tell a good guy from a bad guy, as he was as likely to get shot in the back from the Afghan National Army as he was from Taliban insurgency.

We have been there 20 years, spent two trillion dollars , lost over 2,400 service people as well as over 3,200 US contractors. But it’s the lives lost and those who were wounded …. I feel for the their parents.

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Chancey] #7330391
08/14/21 10:39 PM
08/14/21 10:39 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline OP
trapper
Chancey  Offline OP
trapper
C

Central Texas
I lost some good buddies over there. I'm 42 now and this started when I was a sophomore in college; then I was only 21 years old.

I wore my yellow ribbon on my shirt every day to show support. This "war" has been fought over three presidents; and here we are the losers. It really breaks my heart.

At the time, I thought we were fighting terrorists, but now I realize that my buddies died to support America's addiction to drugs and also for rare earth minerals. Both billion dollar industries. Frankly, it really ticks me off!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Afghanistan [Re: Bigbrownie] #7330419
08/14/21 11:18 PM
08/14/21 11:18 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

My Son in law fought there from 2009-2011. He called it the #@&*% hole of the world. You couldn’t tell a good guy from a bad guy, as he was as likely to get shot in the back from the Afghan National Army as he was from Taliban insurgency.

I know a young fella who decided he wanted to become an Army Ranger and go fight the Taliban. He was married and had a fairly successful carpentry business going when the urge struck him. He must have just barely made the age restriction because he had to have been thirty years old at the time. That was a little more than ten years ago.

He made it out of Ranger school and went to Afghanistan. He came back saying the same thing your son-in-law said. He said you couldn't trust any of them and he did his best not to talk to any of them. He told me he killed a couple of insurgents during his tour.

I wish he hadn't have gone. Even though several years separated us in age, we were pretty good friends who hunted together quite a bit. That war changed him and dropped off my radar almost as soon as he got back. Haven't heard from him since.

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Chancey] #7331729
08/16/21 02:29 PM
08/16/21 02:29 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Chancey
I lost some good buddies over there. I'm 42 now and this started when I was a sophomore in college; then I was only 21 years old.

I wore my yellow ribbon on my shirt every day to show support. This "war" has been fought over three presidents; and here we are the losers. It really breaks my heart.

At the time, I thought we were fighting terrorists, but now I realize that my buddies died to support America's addiction to drugs and also for rare earth minerals. Both billion dollar industries. Frankly, it really ticks me off!

Yup........ It made sense the first year. After that.....it was something else.

Re: Afghanistan [Re: James] #7331769
08/16/21 03:53 PM
08/16/21 03:53 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by James
We should have dedicated ourselves to exterminating the Taliban years ago, instead of going on a misguided invasion of Iraq.

We're allowing the enemy who attacked us on 9/11 to takeover Afghanistan once again.

Jim

Most of the terrorists of 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia. The Taliban just gave safe harbor to them and allowed their training camps.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Pike River] #7331772
08/16/21 03:57 PM
08/16/21 03:57 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Chancey

Yup........ It made sense the first year. After that.....it was something else.

Eyes should've opened when supposedly stopped spraying their poppie fields with gly

Re: Afghanistan [Re: Chancey] #7331896
08/16/21 06:36 PM
08/16/21 06:36 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Al Jazeera reporting the international airport in Kabul has been taken over by the Taliban.

I hope all our people are out.

Eh...wot?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread