No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: GM guys [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7332151
08/17/21 06:38 AM
08/17/21 06:38 AM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
I've owned several Chevys. I had three S-10s before I bought a Silverado. The S-10 with the 4.3 Vortex was a great truck

Re: GM guys [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7332159
08/17/21 07:05 AM
08/17/21 07:05 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
I've got about 35 trucks on the road. Most are chevys, one small dodge, and two fords. Most of the chevys have the 5.3s. We've had two with the 4.3. The 4.3's we've had worked fine. They felt underpowered but a plumbing truck doesn't need to pass people on the highway. As far as pulling power your gearing is to blame for pulling power. An 85hp dozer can push over a building with ease. Its all how its geared. One 4.3 died around 250k miles. The other we sent to the junk yard year before last doing some cleaning up around here with just a little over 400k on it. I think it would have run if we had tried. That van had been sitting for 4-5 years and door handles and gear shifters had been robbed from it. I've never(knock on wood) had a GM motor that was a lemon. I do have a 2019 LTZ silverado crew cab that can't stop breaking the rear sliding window frame. GM is supposed to buy it back and replace it. It has been at the dealership for the last three months for the 9th time in. GM is doing their part in buying it back and replacing it. Currently they have no inventory so I'm expecting to be out of a truck for the next 5-6 months or so. We have 2 trucks with 6.6 and they have plenty of power. They also drink plenty of gas.

More Cowbell
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread