No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332737
08/17/21 09:10 PM
08/17/21 09:10 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Hannity's show right now is giving even more info about it .

Tomorrow night, Tucker will announce more about Omar and how she gained citizenship and her covert activities now . The Hanoi Jane of the Twin Towers .... " Some people did something" ....

She is leaping for joy now over the tragedy transpiring now.

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332739
08/17/21 09:11 PM
08/17/21 09:11 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I won't argue that Biden is much of a president. If he missed the chance to protect innocent Afghans from the Taliban's religious fanaticism, he's incompetent for office. If the agreement didn't provide for protection of Afghani civilians, then the incompetence and callousness is on Trump.

But no one except Ken has offered an alternative choice for a president who has inherited the Afghanistan problem from three presidents before him. Choice C would lead the Taliban to take their pledge not to attack US forces off the table. Once our troops started to die and get maimed, we'd have to send more troops to protect them.

That kind of thinking is how we've wound up staying there for twenty years.

Jim

Last edited by James; 08/17/21 09:14 PM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Sharon] #7332740
08/17/21 09:14 PM
08/17/21 09:14 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Sharon
Hannity's show right now is giving even more info about it .

Tomorrow night, Tucker will announce more about Omar and how she gained citizenship and her covert activities now . The Hanoi Jane of the Twin Towers .... " Some people did something" ....

She is leaping for joy now over the tragedy transpiring now.

Sickening .......

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: James] #7332742
08/17/21 09:17 PM
08/17/21 09:17 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by James
Ken, your choice C would have required a build-up of troops and they would have started dying again. The reason the Taliban held off on killing US troops was because of the deal Trump struck.

Do you think Trump consulted our allies before making that deal? Trump believed in consulting our enemies (Russia, N. Korea), not our allies. It's funny to hear Trump supporters complain about the current president not consulting allies.

I don't know whether the Taliban's murder of Afghani civilians is a breach of the Trump agreement. If it is, then I would fault Biden for not at least delaying our withdrawal further. He already delayed our withdrawal from the May date Trump agreed to.

The president's response to the southern border is a travesty, but it's not the subject of this thread. I don't see how we could discuss it without wandering pretty far afield.

Jim

Why would choice C require more troops than were already there ? The situation on the ground was stable enough to safely evacuate the civilians. As long as the Taliban could see that we were in fact withdrawing, they would have had no reason to upset that apple cart.

I am not arguing for a continued presence indefinitely. Just use the troops on the ground to provide a continuing secure situation to get the non-combatants out. If it wasn't secure why did we have no casualties for 18 months ?

Why did Mark Milley abandon Bagram air base to the Taliban on July 2, 2021 ?? What sort of sense does that make ?

Even Robert Gates, Obama's secdef , said Biden is anti-military and has been wrong on foreign affairs for the last 40 years.

I sure hope we don't need allies among an indigenous population again in the future. I can't imagine another country being willing to help when they get betrayed every time !

Fedex or UPS could have managed this far better than Biden. Absolutely shameful !

Mean As Nails
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332743
08/17/21 09:19 PM
08/17/21 09:19 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Illegitimate elections have consequences !!!

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: James] #7332745
08/17/21 09:27 PM
08/17/21 09:27 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I won't argue that Biden is much of a president. If he missed the chance to protect innocent Afghans from the Taliban's religious fanaticism, he's incompetent for office. If the agreement didn't provide for protection of Afghani civilians, then the incompetence and callousness is on Trump.

But no one except Ken has offered an alternative choice for a president who has inherited the Afghanistan problem from three presidents before him. Choice C would lead the Taliban to take their pledge not to attack US forces off the table. Once our troops started to die and get maimed, we'd have to send more troops to protect them.

Jim

7 months of Biden and his horrible policies on every single level and yet you are still blaming Trump. Truly pathetic.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332748
08/17/21 09:37 PM
08/17/21 09:37 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
This is my opinion only, but it is going to sting a lot of folks; as it stings me as well because it breaks my heart.

Our position in the world for the last 200 years is a direct result of our geography, and also the fortitude of our founding fathers; as well as, the people that founded this country and risked everything to do so. This country was able to prosper because the folks that built it risked everything and worked their tails off to make a country principled in God and Family.

We are especially blessed due to our geography. NO other country in the world has and can do what we have here in this country; our resources and geography, and our founding people with there ambitions (Czecshs, Polish, Irish, English, Russian, Italian, etc.); as well as rugged individualism of our trappers and frontiersman made this country. Our geographic location and our natural resources combined with the people that came here to make a better life is what WE have been enjoying for the last two centuries.

Since we are now globalists due to rotten politicians, China, Russia, Turkey, and others cannot self -sustain monetarily without the geographic and agricultural abilities of America. The global powers need this piece of land called the USA in order to rule. The only thing in their way is a majority of the American people.

Now, our politicians have sold us out to our adversaries; the same adversaries and systems that our founding fathers and founding ancestors ran away from to start a new life. The Global powers that are calling the shots is not un-predictable. We have been lied to.

When the Obama administration left Iraq, ISIS took over immediately. When our current administration left Afghanistan, Taliban took over immediately. This is not a coincidence. It is a planned attack on western civilization. Its terrible to say, but I no longer think our government is in the best interest of WE the American people. They are globalists and have been bought by the countries and regimes that have profited off billions due to our natural resources, geography, and work ethic.

Our country is under attack! We are under invasion from our southern border without a shot being fired. Our government cares more about what gender you are than our civilians in other countries.
The enemy is deeply embedded within our country. To think otherwise, is either mis-informed or a culprit to our fall. I’ve had enough. WE the people had better stop these folks, or they are going to burn us to the ground. Their actions speak exactly what their intentions are!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: James] #7332751
08/17/21 09:41 PM
08/17/21 09:41 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
If the agreement didn't provide for protection of Afghani civilians, then the incompetence and callousness is on Trump.

Jim

So, Biden couldn't change anything Trump had already agreed to? Where did you get that from?

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: kingrat] #7332753
08/17/21 09:44 PM
08/17/21 09:44 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by kingrat
China keeps their embacy open and embraces the Taliban. Russia to last time I heard, had their embassy open and not evacuated.

^^This is true.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: James] #7332759
08/17/21 09:58 PM
08/17/21 09:58 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Bush II was a conservative.

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
W was ANYTHING BUT a Christian, Conservative, Republican, etc, etc.
Guess you're ignorant of the term "RINO"????
Doh!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Wolfdog91] #7332765
08/17/21 10:00 PM
08/17/21 10:00 PM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Afghan is the cemetery of empires. Theirs two more counties like that on being around Vietnam I think. That historically have never been controlled. The terrain and the tribal nature of the people just make it near impossible. From Alexander to the British to the Russians to us. People who say we should just use more guns more weapons yadda yadda yadda....look at the Russians. Even without our aid the afghans would have worn them down eventually.

Spot on.
Abdicating in Afghanistan may well be America's death knell, just as it was for many other empires.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Chancey] #7332774
08/17/21 10:08 PM
08/17/21 10:08 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Chancey
I’ve had enough.

Same here.

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: James] #7332820
08/17/21 11:09 PM
08/17/21 11:09 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas

Jim

I’ll offer one. You change the agreement like you changed Trumps other agreements (stay in Mexico ring a bell) then like it or not you keep a small show of force that helps the Afghans in the fight. We have more troops in Spain then we do in Afghanistan! Before you do that you don’t insult them and berate them by saying they gave up. No intel, no high quality air cover. They have lost 57,000 men since we turned it over to them in 2015. Asking them to do it on their own is like telling one of us that are families will be killed if we don’t catch a grizzly bear in a week with a Victor 1 1/2.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332823
08/17/21 11:18 PM
08/17/21 11:18 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Without US stinger missiles the afgans would not have beaten the ruskies.
months ago the tali controlled 1/3 of the provinces and had training camps for their 75,000 soldiers....we never bombed one camp. That is not fighting to win the same as nam....not fighting to win, the tactics were controlled by politicians in both places...they knew binladen was in tora bora right after 9/11 and they should have nuked that place and Riyadh. Bush's dad watched the attacks on tv with some saudi business associates...the swamp was deep even back then, has been for decades....USA interests are not first.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332825
08/17/21 11:20 PM
08/17/21 11:20 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Biden was a senator until 09 and then VP until 17 so the idiot should've had a little idea after being there for 16 of the years we were over there...but nope, complete incompetence.

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332839
08/17/21 11:38 PM
08/17/21 11:38 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Ken:

"Why would choice C require more troops than were already there ?"

When the Taliban saw we weren't withdrawing as agreed, they'd start attacking our troops. And we'd have to send in more troops to hold our bases and protect our people who were there.

"I am not arguing for a continued presence indefinitely. Just use the troops on the ground to provide a continuing secure situation to get the non-combatants out. If it wasn't secure why did we have no casualties for 18 months ?"

The non-combatants had more than ample time to get out. Trump's original deadline for US troop withdrawal was in May. Biden extended that deadline until now. How much time do they need to get out? How long would you dawdle sucking your thumb, while knowing they'll be coming to kill you? We had no recent casualties because the Taliban agreed in the Trump agreement not to attack US troops.

"I sure hope we don't need allies among an indigenous population again in the future."

Ditto. But I hope even more that my country won't enter into any more ill-advised wars and attempts at nation building overseas.

If I'd served in Iraq, I'd probably feel betrayed. Even more than I do as a US citizen. One of the few things I agreed with Trump on was his stand against foreign wars.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7332841
08/17/21 11:40 PM
08/17/21 11:40 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
If the agreement didn't provide for protection of Afghani civilians, then the incompetence and callousness is on Trump.

Jim

So, Biden couldn't change anything Trump had already agreed to? Where did you get that from?

So how much longer should we stay there?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332851
08/17/21 11:52 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
jimme doing the two step, dodges the ?.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332852
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: Taliban took over Afghanistan. [Re: Gary Benson] #7332865
08/18/21 12:29 AM
08/18/21 12:29 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Its all about importing more immigrants just like I said.

Page 17 of 33 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 32 33
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread