No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339726
08/26/21 01:20 AM
08/26/21 01:20 AM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Why did she find comfort in the rituals while denying it's foundation.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: mnsota] #7339732
08/26/21 03:11 AM
08/26/21 03:11 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by mnsota
Why did she find comfort in the rituals while denying it's foundation.

I know you directed this to James , but I kinda relate that to somebody eating a baloney sandwich. Baloney comes from the store don't it.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339733
08/26/21 03:26 AM
08/26/21 03:26 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Posco
I've had a couple PMs with a member talking about how certain books of the Bible were added to the canon of scripture while others weren't deemed inspired.

I thought this might be a better of way of discussing it and gathering input from others. As always, naysayers are welcome.

Thoughts and insights?

I was under the impression that meant everybody, like atheist or non-calvinists. Or is that one of those elect only kinda deals.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339754
08/26/21 05:44 AM
08/26/21 05:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What language did Moses write in? Did he use Egyptian hieroglyphics or did Hebrew have writing in Moses’s time? Are the books attributed to Moses a collection of oral history written at a later time?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339759
08/26/21 06:04 AM
08/26/21 06:04 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

The Bible is the only truth with so many opinions,

in my opinion. lol

-Goofy-
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: James] #7339766
08/26/21 06:29 AM
08/26/21 06:29 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by James
I'm not an atheist, let alone loudly proclaimed. I'm an agnostic. The evidence isn't in, so far as I'm concerned.

I can see making a case either way, that there is or is not a creator. I guess I'd claim to be a deist, if pushed to choose. There is a creator, but He or She doesn't concern themself much with humans or our affairs.

Other interpretations leave the Creator a lot to account for to the sentient beings who were created.

Jim

Maybe you just haven't found the evidence. Maybe you're just not really looking. Or maybe you're just not looking in the right places because you don't want to.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339775
08/26/21 06:41 AM
08/26/21 06:41 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Good morning yotetrapper30,
Couple of clarifications if I may on your comments which I take to heart but also wonder about.
I don't attack danny. He and I know each other and we know that we're ok going back and forth. I dismiss his Christian views because Scripture tells us to be dismissive. Not me saying it. God's Word. Paul said it to the Corinthians and to Timothy about Ephesians and much more. It's plain. Non-believers attack and discourage and there's a spiritual reason behind it. As you study the Word, it's part of God' story.

Also, you'd have to show me where I plain out attacked. Is typing a long answer an attack? Some think it is. Someone gives a short answer. Then someone gives a longer answer. The longer is deemed offensive. This is not how it's always been and in fact historically the short answer was deemed incomplete and the long responsive but in our modern era formal education is not appreciated because long answers are now lumped by societal pressures into "authority" and we see it everywhere in America now;

People despise authority.
They despise police.
They despise teachers.
They despise government.
They despise God.

Our churches are bleeding and America's hate for authority is a large reason.
We are a land of my way or the highway as much as my Jesus and my favorite ice cream and my opinion.
F bombs are in. Narcissism is in.
Morality is out. Good is out. Evil is ok. Sin can't be talked about because that's deemed judging but sinful lusts are a click away and one of the biggest businesses in 2021 so they are celebrated on bumperstickers.
The Triune God is out.
And called myth. By the person you say has good God comments on here. I don't agree because Scripture tells me not to. At all.
Time Magazine declared God dead in 1968. And celebrated it. Some on this forum celebrate it too.
Not me. I never liked Time magazine.

So this old coyote trapper is in fact studying God's Word deeply at age 63 when most of America is trying to pay a light bill or a medical bill or put kids through schools, so extend me grace on this forum if I answer deeply. I have learned deeply. From smart humble people. Yes, there can be such a thing yet in America.
Pauls' letters to Timothy were very long. Why? To explain in all honesty.
That's what some on here, me included, are doing.
Not to win. I'm too old and already minister to people who at the end of their lives have many questions unanswered and wish someone, anyone, would quite the crap we see around us and simply explain spiritual stuff honestly and deeply with them as they leave this life. . It's not grey. It's as black and white when people are near death as this life gets.

So I try to assist anyone trying to learn as I am.

Onto these topics come the stone throwers.
They aren't trying to learn. They aim to burn.
They offer google comments cut and paste from sources no one uses at a deep level.

If you want to learn Christianity from an atheist or a Gnostic, you don't have to go far. They're everywhere. Ask them. It'd be like asking a non-trapper about trapping and expecting a truthful answer.
It's getting harder to be faithful in a non-Christian America for the reasons we see on this forum.
Those of us, and there are many on this site, who minister and teach and preach the Word with truth in our heart just have to accept that America is not the land of our fathers, but rather a new land of highly divided people.
I didn't aim to add to that but rather to bring what I pay quite a bit for in tuition to a forum I enjoy... free of charge.
My answers will always head this way.
Longer as explanitory not as bickering.

Hope this clarifies. Maybe not?

Oh and;
I enjoy James' questions grin

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339782
08/26/21 06:53 AM
08/26/21 06:53 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I don’t think bible origins will ever be agreed on. Its to ancient and then religion comes into play. Religion doesnt need any truth at all only peoples faith. IMO much of the Old Testament was written many centuries after the stories originated. I think much of the stuff talked about was before written language. So it stands to reason, in my mind at least, that people wrote down oral traditions. Its why stories that were written before Old Testament scrolls are so similar yet different. Cuneiform I think is the word. Stuff written on clay tablets.

Last edited by danny clifton; 08/26/21 06:54 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: James] #7339784
08/26/21 06:59 AM
08/26/21 06:59 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline OP
trapper
Posco  Offline OP
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
But I've assumed that's because he's talking about a religion with lots of gray areas and loopholes.

Jim

He takes the shot at the open net and hits the goalpost. Nice try.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: danny clifton] #7339787
08/26/21 07:09 AM
08/26/21 07:09 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I don’t think bible origins will ever be agreed on. Its to ancient and then religion comes into play. Religion doesnt need any truth at all only peoples faith. IMO much of the Old Testament was written many centuries after the stories originated. I think much of the stuff talked about was before written language. So it stands to reason, in my mind at least, that people wrote down oral traditions. Its why stories that were written before Old Testament scrolls are so similar yet different. Cuneiform I think is the word. Stuff written on clay tablets.

danny, beer's on me bro! Pretty good answer right here.
Hey, I'll see you in Kansas and we'll once again scrap, roll around in the dirt, and then hug and kiss again like always. grin

Blessings,
Mark

Last edited by Mark June; 08/26/21 07:09 AM.
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339788
08/26/21 07:11 AM
08/26/21 07:11 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

But I've assumed that's because he's talking about a religion with lots of gray areas and loopholes.

Jim

He takes the shot at the open net and hits the goalpost. Nice try.

lol

-Goofy-
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339791
08/26/21 07:16 AM
08/26/21 07:16 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

“Paul, I really need you to stop killing Christians if people are going to take the message seriously.”

-Goofy-
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Foxpaw] #7339822
08/26/21 08:15 AM
08/26/21 08:15 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline OP
trapper
Posco  Offline OP
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
As always, naysayers are welcome.

I was under the impression that meant everybody, like atheist or non-calvinists. Or is that one of those elect only kinda deals.

You count as a naysayer and of course you're welcome to chime in the same as anyone else. I would think you might content yourself to lose just one argument at a time rather than going down on multiple fronts but that's your call.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339882
08/26/21 10:07 AM
08/26/21 10:07 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Doesn't matter how far you go back in bible history you will never dig your self out of double predestination.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339899
08/26/21 10:49 AM
08/26/21 10:49 AM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
If you don’t have faith the coyote set you made, you probably won’t catch any coyote. Same is true about faith in Jesus Christ. If you don’t have faith that he died on a cross and rose from the tomb, then you won’t get much reading the Bible. The Holy Spirit help you understand the Bible.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339910
08/26/21 11:11 AM
08/26/21 11:11 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
The cross wasn't in a hidden corner, but out on a hill for the whole world to see.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339925
08/26/21 11:40 AM
08/26/21 11:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I have confidence in my coyote set because experience tells me if a coyote finds it that coyote will more likely than not get caught. Experience also tells me that if a creator exists it doesn’t much care what happens to the created

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339932
08/26/21 11:56 AM
08/26/21 11:56 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Danny you don't need faith to catch coyotes. Just set your traps upside down and if their destiny is up, the rest is history.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7339941
08/26/21 12:15 PM
08/26/21 12:15 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Mark I agree with everything you wrote in your above post. The length of your post has nothing to do with anything. Your comment in the post from yesterday, which you reiterated above about a non-trapper teaching about trapping is what I was referring to.... it's rude. I still believe you catch more flies with honey than vinegar though. James and Danny follow these religious posts for some reason. Maybe they'll learn something from them. I know if I was truly convinced there was no God, the last thing I would be doing is spending my time reading religious posts.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7340010
08/26/21 01:40 PM
08/26/21 01:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ang, the o.p. asked for everyone’s opinion

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread