No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ready for this fall. #7345792
09/02/21 06:50 AM
09/02/21 06:50 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
I’ve pretty much got my fall lined up with a bunch of fun thermal things to do. I’ve got both my thermal and night vision honed in. I’m just breaking into the thermal game and I’d already like to upgrade. I think for this season I should be good. I did finally break down and get a scanner. I went with a AGM Taipan 19 I’m detecting well out over 500 yards. Should save on the arm swinging back and forth.

Here’s my cat in the house. Still picking up the heat signature off her feet on the carpet. Thing is the size of a monster can. Can literally throw it in my pocket.

[Linked Image]

I’ll be honest the thermal is great for detection but I’m almost preferring the night vision when it flat comes down to shooting. If you ever thought trapping was expensive I’d stay out of the thermal game. I’m on the lowest rung and easily have 5k into it.

[Linked Image]

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Ready for this fall. [Re: WadeRyan] #7345816
09/02/21 07:52 AM
09/02/21 07:52 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

I am going to trap. I spent a little adding to my new pickup. Can’t afford any night shooting toys now. Had a winch for my dodge that went in my receiver hitch. Had one on the front as well as the back. Never used it on the back and the front hitch was to low to the ground , so the jeep is set up this way. Ad says its waterproof but I bought a cover for it anyway.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Ready for this fall. [Re: WadeRyan] #7350389
09/08/21 10:18 AM
09/08/21 10:18 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline OP
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline OP
trapper

Nebraska
That looks like it will be a good time Danny. Definitely has been a little bit of an expense but I think I will be able to do a lot more calling then I would trapping with my current situation. We are overrun by raccoons at the moment. My father has quite the issue currently at the feedlot and our raccoons opened September 1st, for hunting only. I believe this weekend I am going to go remedy the problem. I might try to get some video footage off the hand held thermal. I'll probably wait until mid November after deer season to start calling too many coyotes. There appears to be somewhat of a market at least to likely cover my gas. I've called raccoons in the past sometimes all night long for multiple nights in a row and these thermals are game changers. There's no where to hide.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread