No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: James] #7346478
09/03/21 02:28 AM
09/03/21 02:28 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by James
Part of the shame should go to the Republicans for using the 13 for political gain. But as we know, politicians of both parties have no shame.

This is an excerpt from the link given.

"Rep. Brian Mast (R), a wounded combat veteran from Afghanistan, tells The Floridian that during a Republican-only “moment of silence,” Speaker Pelosi refused to recognize them to” read names or bring up bills or anything.”

“We gaveled in, had a prayer, said the Pledge of Allegiance, took a moment of silence with pretty much all Republican veterans, then asked to be recognized to read names and bring up Afghanistan legislation. They did not acknowledge us, and just closed the House down,” said Rep. Mast."

It seems extraordinarily likely that a wounded veteran, who served in Afghanistan plus other veterans, many of who also served in Afghanistan would have very real feelings of sadness and anger over men just like them having their lives lost because of gross incompetense that would make them act as they did, whether or not it helped them politically. They should not be silenced from expressing themselves, just because they may gain politically too.

Keith

Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: James] #7346546
09/03/21 07:41 AM
09/03/21 07:41 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
I'm halfway impressed, Yote. It's not often anyone here has the nerve to call him on it when he acts out. The man is full of venom and obsessed with me. He needs psychiatric evaluation and treatment, but probably lacks the self-insight to recognize it. If he claims to be a Christian--LMAO!--maybe a pastor could help him.

I don't open his posts, but can't help looking sometimes when he's quoted. Does he ever post anything positive?

Jim

Any one that calls you out,,you say is obsessed with you.Also,,I prayed for your grand daughter to get through her illness quickly,,as I do for anyone in here that asks for prayers.Despite the fact that in this forum over the years,,you have taken great pleasure in mocking anyone in here of Faith.

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/03/21 08:51 AM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: James] #7346626
09/03/21 09:26 AM
09/03/21 09:26 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Look on another thread Snow Shoe makes a post but says he will get back later because he’s not sure about what posted, see the game for what it really is, the games he plays.

Don't just sit there muttering to yourself. If you have a beef with me, address it to me like a man.

Yes, I was out-of-line in reprimanding you. I apologize.

I know my apology won't affect your opinion of me, but sometimes a man has to apologize just to satisfy himself.

Jim

I just point out your constant game playing and selective memory and you don’t like that it’s the hypocrisy I don’t let go by, you are nothing to me. I also found it strange what you did but I did not think it was the time or the place to address it. I have been dealing with peoples behaviors for many years and I see what they are doing rather then what they are saying often.

I know what your doing you know what your doing you just don’t like it being pointed out but you knew that already. Just go back and look at some posts everything is a backhanded comment or a way to bash something else by cherry picking the reply. Your not fooling anybody pretending to not know while your pouring gas on the fire. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: Law Dog] #7347853
09/04/21 06:08 PM
09/04/21 06:08 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Here's the video. It also lists the equipment left behind. It shows the complete failure of the democrats to even pretend to care.

Keith

Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: Law Dog] #7347890
09/04/21 07:06 PM
09/04/21 07:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD
2 Weeks of the truth being pointed out is to much but nonstop lies for 4+ Years was OK back then and they are still lying today to avoid the truth. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: mike mason] #7347911
09/04/21 07:27 PM
09/04/21 07:27 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by mike mason
Originally Posted by Pike River
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas
Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, Calif.
Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City
Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tenn.
Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, Calif.
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum, 20, of Jackson, Wyo.
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, Calif.
Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo, 25, of Lawrence, Mass.
Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Ind.
Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Mo
Navy Hospital Corpsman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio
Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Neb.

Just reading their names, makes you cry. They are from across this great country and God bless these young men and women soldiers.

Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, California.

She was the one photos were taken of her holding the little Afghan baby just days before she was killed.

Our military men and women truly are in our God's presence.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Chancey; 09/04/21 07:28 PM.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: Law Dog] #7347948
09/04/21 08:09 PM
09/04/21 08:09 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Amen Chauncey.

Re: Dems block the reading of names [Re: James] #7349260
09/06/21 07:43 PM
09/06/21 07:43 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
[quote=AKAjust]They have been honored more than anyone else killed it that war. Enough is enough.
Apparently (source) the link above, it was not just a name reading the repubs wanted. That was probably the clincher.

Why blame Biden? the -ss that sent the bomber was at fault.

just

I don't agree with your first two sentences-- we can't honor our fallen soldiers enough. But the rest of your post is spot-on.

Part of the shame should go to the Republicans for using the 13 for political gain. But as we know, politicians of both parties have no shame.

And yes, the bombers are to blame. The best security measures can't stop them all. The 13 (or others like them) would have died no matter who was president.

Jim

I think I'd have to disagree with your last sentence here. I emphatically believe that our last president would have orchestrated a far more organized withdrawal than the current president. This was, is a rout with no prior thought. That means that the thirteen military dead would still be alive. Remember that there were no military deaths in Afghanistan for a very long time, until Biden took the reins and the Taliban realized how weak a man they were dealing with.
[/quo

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread