No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347742
09/04/21 02:26 PM
09/04/21 02:26 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I can answer from my porch only BC. Easily. I just like to chat back and forth and gather ideas. I gotta tell ya, THAT is getting harder to do in our lifetimes because some in 2021 take every discussion as if it were the end all, be all, while some like me just like to dialog. I don't drink and I don't smoke cigars but I do enjoy a sit back and discuss kinda parlay.

Can you imagine most folks today trying to draft the American Constitution?
I can't.
Simple flame throwers by the truck load who want no part of anyone else's opinion. There are always correct. Ask 'em.
Que the tear the statues down crowd! People blame BLM and Antifa but BLM and Antifa are just the flip side of the same coin.
No one like that on TMan? Never wrong. Tear it down. Shut it up. wink

As I watch kids and grandkids grow, I lament more and more that we NOW live in a society much different IMO than the critical thinkers of our heritage.
Sure, people like to win. But at what cost? Civility?
It doesn't take much to stand pride against civility in 2021 and yell that vulnerability is weakness and pride is courageous.
Could that be backwards? I argue it is.

And are ALL religious and political discussion contributors looking to win? Achieve? Must do?
Perhaps some. Perhaps many. But not all.
Dialog has become the new argument thanks to idiots that have taught that. Idiots meaning... they don't know any better because they don't know it all.
I don't get the jest that you are always trying to win when you post for example.
Usually good comments.

2021: When you dialog on an online forum, you have an agenda.
That may be true for some. Not all.
I'd toss that stinkin' thinkin'
It's progressivism to it's core.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347754
09/04/21 02:37 PM
09/04/21 02:37 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Great explanation. I am generally in agreement.

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: Blaine County] #7347756
09/04/21 02:38 PM
09/04/21 02:38 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I enjoy reading these discussions although I don't contribute. I don't think agreement or a "seeing of the light" will every happen with the most vocal participants.

An interesting angle though is the guys like me--the readers. I wonder what Mark, James, Danny, et al. hope to achieve with their comments. Win the debate, truly change the mind of the other, or something else?

I guess I could ask the same question on a political discussion but the religion discussions just seem different.

No birds are flying and I was just wondering...

I figure they just wnt to argue?

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347767
09/04/21 02:52 PM
09/04/21 02:52 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

If it goes more than 140 characters, it's gotta be an argument?
I've been trapping coyotes for almost 50 years with countless coyote conversations of considerable length
and they never get as crotchety as fast as political and religious chats.
Wonder why? wink

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347771
09/04/21 03:01 PM
09/04/21 03:01 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Plus, more than the posters read these threads.
The vast majority lurk in a good way.
PMs are telling.
laugh

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347793
09/04/21 03:42 PM
09/04/21 03:42 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Oh, knowing he'll argue which will keep the dialog going for the lurkers...smart!

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: hippie] #7347824
09/04/21 05:01 PM
09/04/21 05:01 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by hippie
Oh, knowing he'll argue which will keep the dialog going for the lurkers...smart!

wink whistle whistle whistle
On a "trapping" forum."
Go figure. whistle whistle smile

.....a little dirt hole here....
.... a little lure there.....
..... a bit of bait here.....
.....splash of P.........

Rattle, rattle, ching, chang.

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347857
09/04/21 06:18 PM
09/04/21 06:18 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Planting seeds, let the Holy Spirit change their hearts.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347858
09/04/21 06:21 PM
09/04/21 06:21 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
When a conversation goes past "yes" or ''no'', one is getting ready to get into compromise. Particularly when there is more than one doctrine and even with the same doctrine when there is more than 1 person and hopefully not too many different personalities. Once one gets into the valley of craftsmen and compromises too much then one most likely can't build a wall stout enough for a little fox to run down without it crumbling.

A lot of recruitment practices start with the simplest questions to the unwary, thin skinned subjects, and I think we can all remember the flower child days. Still the same practices just a bigger smarter Babylon.

Even with sessions of all basically the same believers, when all is said and done, more is said than done !
A young lady said on here a month ago something of the effect, “But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do cause strifes” .

A lot of people like the furniture in their house just the way it is. Not too long ago my wife moved the bed to the other side of the room. I told her I wasn't against change, but for an old man she better leave a light on or have a mop handy. She left the light on, lol.

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347865
09/04/21 06:30 PM
09/04/21 06:30 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

You must for sure be the light on at the Bible studies you lead Foxpaw.
You are well versed.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347894
09/04/21 07:11 PM
09/04/21 07:11 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Mark June
You are well versed.

Blessings,
Mark

Well I'm usually accused of chasing too many rabbits. I think we would agree that while the moon gives light it doesn't make any of it.

I used to read about those verses about the small lamp that was a lamp unto my feet. I coon hunted when I had and old kerosene lantern and never did like it. But had a buddy that never carried a walking light and was in a clean bean field and walked off in a filled in well that sunk from all the rain. After that he carried one of the new fashioned carbide lights to walk by.

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: Foxpaw] #7347900
09/04/21 07:17 PM
09/04/21 07:17 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
You are well versed.

Blessings,
Mark

Well I'm usually accused of chasing too many rabbits. I think we would agree that while the moon gives light it doesn't make any of it.

I used to read about those verses about the small lamp that was a lamp unto my feet. I coon hunted when I had and old kerosene lantern and never did like it. But had a buddy that never carried a walking light and was in a clean bean field and walked off in a filled in well that sunk from all the rain. After that he carried one of the new fashioned carbide lights to walk by.

Don't chase too many hares. cool

Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347908
09/04/21 07:22 PM
09/04/21 07:22 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by hippie

wink whistle whistle whistle
On a "trapping" forum."
Go figure. whistle whistle smile

.....a little dirt hole here....
.... a little lure there.....
..... a bit of bait here.....
.....splash of P.........

Rattle, rattle, ching, chang.

Often thought of it this way. We cast seeds. I have seen in my own experiences that I have spoke boldly of the Gospel to friends never really thinking it did any good and then seen others minister to them and they get saved. It is not our responsibility as Christians to convict . That is God's Spirit that does that. We simply are to share the message. I suppose many have put some thought into a relationship with Christ by simply reading what is said. Of course diminishing others is not the way to go (am guilty of this myself) but was rather pleased to pray for James and Pearl because if he is asking then he has an understanding of the principles of the Kingdom. Ask and you will receive. Even if it is a selfish desire he has some realization that God is in control. I had no problem praying for him. We are called to. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Trying to help Jim figure it all out [Re: ] #7347939
09/04/21 07:59 PM
09/04/21 07:59 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Solid post LLL.
People's lips profess the truth of what's in their hearts and we pray God does all the writing upon it.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread