No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7351080
09/09/21 07:54 AM
09/09/21 07:54 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Humans are by design are meaning making machines. Global science is just one more false idol folks glob on to for life meaning.
The 21st century Western culture has become individualistic to the core, and many would argue, not in healthy ways.
Psychologists now have countless articles about the "meaninglessness" that exists in the "meaning making machinery" of the 21st century man or woman.
Big deal you say?
Well, explore what the psychologists are theorizing as far as "what they now see in 2021," and see if it's coming to a town near you.

Gender dysphoria. Am I a man? A woman?
Work ethic. Is a work ethic really necessary?
Marriage. Should a man and a woman be the definition?
Children. Do I need to be a parent or a friend to them?
Sexual orientation. Why do I care?
Perversion. That's behind closed doors and none of my business right?

Every single solitary category of post-modern America is now being questioned and pressured to be tossed and there are strong reasons for that.
We pray it wasn't so, and the sky is not falling.
Life according to our parents era is now not happening.
America charts a new course and some are standing against some very bad actors.
You can smell the weirdness all around us and the good news is...
a small group started this mess 100 years ago on the backs of Schleirmacher, and Marx,
and a small group will defeat the followers of these warped souls.
Life has meaning.
Thank God.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7351103
09/09/21 08:31 AM
09/09/21 08:31 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Sooner or later leftist fears are going to be realized, we are irreversibly marring the planet. Look at a map of the US from two hundred years ago and then take a look at a road atlas. We're paving the place over. Fly the eastern seaboard at night. What do you see?

I'm a collectivist to the degree that my hope is we all go down together. I don't want leftists picking the winners and losers.

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: Posco] #7351150
09/09/21 09:23 AM
09/09/21 09:23 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Posco
Sooner or later leftist fears are going to be realized, we are irreversibly marring the planet. Look at a map of the US from two hundred years ago and then take a look at a road atlas. We're paving the place over. Fly the eastern seaboard at night. What do you see?

I'm a collectivist to the degree that my hope is we all go down together. I don't want leftists picking the winners and losers.

That's the great thing about being a gloom-and-doom predictor.......if not tomorrow, or next year, or next decade, it's always coming sooner or later, so you can never be wrong.

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: walleye101] #7351153
09/09/21 09:25 AM
09/09/21 09:25 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by Posco

That's the great thing about being a gloom-and-doom predictor.......if not tomorrow, or next year, or next decade, it's always coming sooner or later, so you can never be wrong.

There aren't a lot of bison roaming the plains nowadays. I'm not a leftist, I'm just acknowledging man's plight.

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7351169
09/09/21 09:36 AM
09/09/21 09:36 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Didn't call you a leftist, just pointing out the difficulty in reasoning with a gloom-and-doomer.

Converting most of the bison plains to corn, small grain and beef production hardly points to man's imminent plight.

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: walleye101] #7351175
09/09/21 09:40 AM
09/09/21 09:40 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by walleye101
Didn't call you a leftist, just pointing out the difficulty in reasoning with a gloom-and-doomer.

Converting most of the bison plains to corn, small grain and beef production hardly points to man's imminent plight.

Man is resourceful and resilient, I'm not saying he's not. We're just going to be looking at a very different planet than the one we're accustomed to in a few short years.

Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: white17] #7351292
09/09/21 12:36 PM
09/09/21 12:36 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by white17
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
If you put one person in a mile section of pasture, there is a chance they will eventually be struck by lightning.

If you put 1000 people in a mile section of pasture, what are the chances at least one will eventually be struck by lightning? I'm betting it's 1000x greater, at the very least.

Are the storms more violent and more numerous? Or is the population in their path larger and less savvy about where to live?

Mike

I would disagree with you Mike even though I agree with your point that much of the damage and destruction is caused by lousy zoning and denser populations.
But in your example above I think that the probability of lightning striking a given square mile is not at all dependent on how many people are on that square mile. In other words.........lightning may strike that square mile once a year no matter how many people are on it. What IS valid is that any lightning strike may injure more people when it does strike...but the chances, odds, probability of a strike, is not a thousand times greater

Correct. You clarified what I meant... If you know that at least once a year lightning is going to strike SOMEWHERE within the borders of that mile section then the more people present, the greater the chance of someone being struck. As far as the chances go, I'm not a statistician. Just a probability off the top of my head.

If you live on a coast where hurricanes are common, expect to be hit by one eventually... And the longer you live there, the greater your chances. Accept it and quit blaming my internal combustion vehicles.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Climate Change Lies [Re: Cedar Hacker] #7351352
09/09/21 02:30 PM
09/09/21 02:30 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
I bought a cabin on a river 48 years ago, and planed at the time to live there. A old fella that had the cabin next to mine asked "so you plan on living here" my reply "yep". His "when you live next to the river don't bi--h about the water." The cabin is in my sons name now. We have had some great outdoors adventures out of there.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread