No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352483
09/10/21 05:31 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Is this a kid friendly topic? I guess at least it isn't a pretty gal at Home Depot!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352484

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Heck, we can't even fathom a shame culture of all of human history until the Christianity of Helen, Constantine's mom permeated to her emperor son and the law of the land became Christian at it's core;
Right and wrong.
Good and evil.

The ages old system of laws based on position of birth was replaced by laws based from the sanctity of life from God on High.
Same tenets USA was founded on.

Now today, here we are struggling with a scribe who doesn't even know history and is harping on slavery.
If Christ hadn't died an obedient death and risen from the tomb, we'd all be subject to how we were born.
Our lot in life.

James, you are wound in the weeds and you don't even know where grass came from.
That Tort Law class was built on Christianity sir.

Sheesh.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352499
09/10/21 05:52 PM
09/10/21 05:52 PM
Happy Valley
CoonsBane Offline
trapper
CoonsBane  Offline
trapper

Happy Valley
Part of the problem is that the bible is one whole book. It has to be read as a whole book. You can't tak individual verses or even chapters as stand alone statements. If you truly want to understand a verse, you need to read the entire verse, look how it relates to the chapter and how that relates to the book. Then look at how that book relates to the whole bible. The path to true understanding comes when you read every word, cover to cover. Only then will you find enlightenment, in my humble opinion.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352500
09/10/21 05:53 PM
09/10/21 05:53 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Here is a serious question for my Christian Brothers. When do you think is a good time to dust off our sandals and move on? When does this garbage become casting our pearls to the swine? Seriously? I know I am tired of trying to teach these people anything. Some never will accept the truth. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352504
09/10/21 05:57 PM
09/10/21 05:57 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I won't worship a God who says things like this:

"As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves. You may also acquire them from among the aliens residing with you, and from their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may keep them as a possession for your children after you, for them to inherit as property. These you may treat as slaves, but as for your fellow Israelites, no one shall rule over the other with harshness. (Leviticus 25:44-46"

But God didn't say that. If he was a just God who loves all his people, he wouldn't urge some to enslave others. He would say slavery is wrong.

Now someone will say we can't understand the mind of God, he works in mysterious ways, etc. Heard it all before. When someone offers a sensible explanation, wake me up again.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Christians be aware [Re: LLtrapper] #7352505
09/10/21 05:58 PM
09/10/21 05:58 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Here is a serious question for my Christian Brothers. When do you think is a good time to dust off our sandals and move on? When does this garbage become casting our pearls to the swine? Seriously? I know I am tired of trying to teach these people anything. Some never will accept the truth. LLL

Arrogant, supercilious back-pedaling.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352509
09/10/21 06:00 PM
09/10/21 06:00 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

You'd have to toss out Colossians 4: 5-6 perhaps.

And then there's;
Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation. 1 Pe 2:12.

We're not trying to steer Jim and others as much as chat among ourselves. wink

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352523
09/10/21 06:16 PM
09/10/21 06:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Alright Mr Dukakis (jimbo), assume you are god.

What would you do with your sorry self?

Last edited by warrior; 09/10/21 06:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352524
09/10/21 06:17 PM
09/10/21 06:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
His name is I AM.

Not Mr Candyman.

[Linked Image]
Re: Christians be aware [Re: James] #7352531
09/10/21 06:25 PM
09/10/21 06:25 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by James
I won't worship a God who says things like this:

"As for the male and female slaves whom you may have, it is from the nations around you that you may acquire male and female slaves. You may also acquire them from among the aliens residing with you, and from their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may keep them as a possession for your children after you, for them to inherit as property. These you may treat as slaves, but as for your fellow Israelites, no one shall rule over the other with harshness. (Leviticus 25:44-46"

But God didn't say that. If he was a just God who loves all his people, he wouldn't urge some to enslave others. He would say slavery is wrong.

Now someone will say we can't understand the mind of God, he works in mysterious ways, etc. Heard it all before. When someone offers a sensible explanation, wake me up again.

Jim

You once said you wouldn't sue someone unless you'd make money off of it.

I know which god you serve.

I've taken one sentence you've said, and judged you by it.

Am I right to do that?

I guess maybe in law school.

So yeah, God works on a higher level than you.

Levi
Re: Christians be aware [Re: amspoker] #7352534
09/10/21 06:36 PM
09/10/21 06:36 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Danny, the "we" I referenced (note that I did not say "they"; i.e. the parents) referred to humankind.

Re-read my post.

"we" did in fact choose to introduce sin, disease, death into our world

Last edited by white marlin; 09/10/21 06:47 PM.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: James] #7352535
09/10/21 06:37 PM
09/10/21 06:37 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
So you can have a personal God that doesn't agree with the Bible?

Jim

Why not? You're free to believe anything you want. I don't care what you worship or what you don't. But if your intention here is to change someone's faith, reality, and truths, I can suggest better ways to spend your time.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: CoonsBane] #7352537
09/10/21 06:41 PM
09/10/21 06:41 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Part of the problem is that the bible is one whole book. It has to be read as a whole book. You can't tak individual verses or even chapters as stand alone statements. If you truly want to understand a verse, you need to read the entire verse, look how it relates to the chapter and how that relates to the book. Then look at how that book relates to the whole bible. The path to true understanding comes when you read every word, cover to cover. Only then will you find enlightenment, in my humble opinion.

I agree with this^^. Good post CoonsBane. It is very difficult to argue the reality of the Creator so some people that in their remarks it is very evident they have never read the entire Bible from start to finish. But rather just bits and pieces they have heard and also read to justify their own ambitions when taken out of context.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352551
09/10/21 07:09 PM
09/10/21 07:09 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton
White marlin, Ang, go in to that pediatric intensive care unit and tell the parents of kids dying from some horrible cancer its their fault their kid is sick. They probably are unaware

Not the sin of the parents. The sinfulness of the world as a whole. The answer to why bad things happen is because we live in a bad world. We live in a bad world because since the beginning of time, the majority of people chose bad (sinful) things over things that were pure. God wiped the slate clean when he flooded the earth, but it took no time for humankind to go right back to their evil ways.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: James] #7352553
09/10/21 07:11 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Yotetrapper, I find your statement that slavery isn't bad in itself sickening.

Why don't you go to a country where slavery is still allowed, and volunteer?

Jim

Why don't you go to Afghanistan and see if you get people who would volunteer to be a slave of a wealthy family in America right now? I'm betting you would!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352554

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Most times slavs are brought up in these discussions in the modern times, the context of the ancients is typically skewed.
In the NT like in Titus, it's believers who are enslaved.
In the OT it's typically to treat those slavs who are indentured to you, God's Chosen were to treat slaves well (a common way to pay off debt).
Context is lacking from flip and poke finger dabbing hermeneutics.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352563
09/10/21 07:29 PM
09/10/21 07:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I brought up the FACT that the bible condones slavery, and that our ancestors participated, that church's at the time claimed slavery was ordained by God, because of all the posts saying we must return to that early Christianity to make our country shine again.

Posts saying without Christendom our country would not have prospered. That we need Christianity in our Government. Not a prayer before congress meets or something but bible based laws. (it would be a hoot to watch scholars argue over what the bible translates to)

I also brought up the TRUTH that religious leaders more often than not have ulterior motives for the things they say and do. Do not blindly follow them.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352564
09/10/21 07:30 PM
09/10/21 07:30 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
I am Lutheran, and probably speaking ignorantly, but here are my thoughts..From the beginning God gave us free will, obviously it backfired when satan coerced Eve! Then "man" was getting along ok, until BAM, Noah needed to happen. God promised he would never flood the earth again, and BAM, "we" did it again! So, God sends his son to save us, which he did by showing what the lord can accomplish and also what the lord is willing to endure. I feel like we aren't too far away from another BAM, but who knows, that's why I trust in my God to lead us wherever he sees fit!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352573
09/10/21 07:36 PM
09/10/21 07:36 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
I brought up the FACT that the bible condones slavery, and that our ancestors participated, that church's at the time claimed slavery was ordained by God, because of all the posts saying we must return to that early Christianity to make our country shine again.

Posts saying without Christendom our country would not have prospered. That we need Christianity in our Government. Not a prayer before congress meets or something but bible based laws. (it would be a hoot to watch scholars argue over what the bible translates to)

I also brought up the TRUTH that religious leaders more often than not have ulterior motives for the things they say and do. Do not blindly follow them.

Slavery wasn't ordained by God. He was addressing a culture that had slavery in it.

Tell me which country that doesn't have Christianity at it's core you'd like to live in?

Jesus brought up the truth about religious leaders having ulterior motives before you did.

Three strikes you're out Danny.

Levi
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7352575
09/10/21 07:37 PM
09/10/21 07:37 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

The late Christian apologist C.S. Lewis described this mindset most succinctly in his description of the dufflepods in his book Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread