No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Christians be aware [Re: ] #7353560
09/11/21 10:33 PM
09/11/21 10:33 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Mark June
Many of us know danny Angie and consider him a friend. You miss the body language and tone of voice online so maybe you're hearing some outta context.
I'm not angry and I doubt danny is (won't speak for him). He and I use the body language and tone of voice about 98% when we talk to each other and none of it's raised voices or anything.
I wouldn't read too much into an online post.

If you knew me, you'd know I don't like to be called Angie.... so now imagine you always will lol.

Not sure what your comment about an online post is referring to. Are you insinuating you know danny best because he bought a bottle of lure from you once?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353563
09/11/21 10:39 PM
09/11/21 10:39 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'll call you yotetrapper30 then. I thought I saw folks calling you Angie and I was trying to be respectful. Sorry. I mean you no disrespect. See the gaff of an online post?

I know danny (didn't say best?) because he always stops by the booth to tell me how things are.
I consider that friendly enough.
You're reading too much into these posts yotetrapper30.
By far.

It's opinion remember.
Not end all be all.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353575
09/11/21 10:56 PM
09/11/21 10:56 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Having never met Danny, I would agree with him on most things...except for Christ. I pray one day we would agree on that also.

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353595
09/11/21 11:55 PM
09/11/21 11:55 PM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
Dannys a good cat.only tslked to him once on the phone but i enjoyed it Doesnt mean we or he has to agree on everything

There i said it....
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353654
09/12/21 07:23 AM
09/12/21 07:23 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Mark, those are EXCELLENT points about the Apostles!

They endured severe hardships/beatings/death to spread the Truth!

Re: Christians be aware [Re: white marlin] #7353681
09/12/21 08:14 AM
09/12/21 08:14 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by white marlin
Mark, those are EXCELLENT points about the Apostles!

They endured severe hardships/beatings/death to spread the Truth!

The "beware" title of this post brought about "spirited" online conversation. Very good.
It's the real beware folks that mean what they say. The satanists who are gathered this day, like every Sunday, to fast, and to pray for the destruction of orthodox Christians.
Not Buddhists.
Not Muslims.
Not Pantheists.
Not even atheists.

The seeds of the prince of the air have aims cast in one direction only and if you've never met a bonfire priest of satan, it'll scare you. It has me. These folks laugh at the Hollywood version of their master. Met a guy fasting on a plane once, professional guy.... business franchise owner across the west coast who told me as I met him that "I'm fasting", and naive me.... I thought "cool" a believer... fasting for the Lord.
He was, but another lord.
He was "nice" as we chatted and I told him who I was and what I was doing....
and he then told me that he and many more were fasting and praying that 100 Christian pastors and their spouses would quit their calling, divorce, fall ill, or die.
FREAKED ME OUT! And I had to sit next to this guy for 2 more hours.
He was strikingly confident.
That was 2019 and I try to forget things that creep me out but... here we are in America!

The satanists have very seductive beliefs too.
I love Sun Tzu, "Know your enemy and know the terrain" so many of us know the deceiver's game and see it for what it is. Deception.

Their top tenet is to strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason (sounds sweet. It's not. Their reason is given them by the wrong team leader)
The next one would be > the struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions (So they answer to no human power on earth)
And of course, One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone
But the one about... the freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. (makes me wonder about some of these hate groups. You know who gets blamed often? Yep.. Christians. Another crafty serpent deception from the father of lies)

The Apostles war against the spiritual forces is in virtually every book of the NT. Those chosen men had to be scrappy and wade into the fray because the fray is real. It was then and it is now.

I have learned the battle is somewhere between - it doesn't exist - and the Hollywood imagination and that we stand no chance alone.
Alone?
Where have we seen that?
Go be alone?
Stay alone.
Hey, you forgot your mask.
Yep.

Sun Tzu was correct.
Know your enemy and his terrain.
Read your Bible.
And gather together with other believers for encouragement and edification of those members!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Christians be aware [Re: ] #7353778
09/12/21 10:06 AM
09/12/21 10:06 AM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by James
I'm forced to the conclusion, once again, that the Bible is only the words of men, some good, some bad.

Jim

No one forcing you James.
That's your call.

This is why.
Originally Posted by James
"How can you claim the Bible is the word of God, then ignore or justify God urging his people to take slaves?"

A straight, unambiguous answer, please.

Jim

Jim, I'll take odds that no answer on this earth given by us will satisfy your question because it's a snare.
We're trappers you realize and we spot ill laid snares.

No answer so the question is skirted.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353790
09/12/21 10:31 AM
09/12/21 10:31 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ang, I didnt bark at those folks outside walmart for being Christians, I barked at them for begging. Their sign was easy to see. If you or I either one had wanted to donate, we would have. Calling out in that fashion bothers me. I could have kept walking but figure rude behavior doesn't require politeness to be returned. If you remember they wanted money for Teen Challenge. A group started by a Pentecostal preacher named David Wilkerson. If you get bored read his "prophesy's". My parents over their lifetime have likely been bilked a hundred thousand dollars by that bunch. I will say they have helped a lot of addicts get clean. Yet there is no accounting for the money they collect or even how much it is that I am aware of. When that charlatan started prophesizing I figured the gig was up. No not a chance. He got even more money. Reminds me of when Oral Roberts said he was going into his prayer tower. That if he didnt get 6 million dollars in the next few days God was calling him home. If I remember right he got twice that. I am pretty sure my folks sent him a check too. It is their money. I dont think begging should be illegal, but if I am called too instead of let walk on by, my response isnt going to be what they want to hear.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7353820
09/12/21 11:19 AM
09/12/21 11:19 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Mark, that's crazy about the Satanist on your flight.... would have freaked me out too! You can call me Angela or Ang, it's just Angie that I dislike.

Travis, I disagree with Danny on plenty, religion of course being first but also some of his libertarian views. Disagreeing is fine, but some of the posts on here seemed to go beyond simple disagreement and veered into anger or hatred which isn't.

Danny is probably my best friend on earth. I've slept at his house, and he at mine. He was the Best Man at my wedding, and his wife Lori was my Maid of Honor. I spent a Christmas day running his coyote traps. Danny is living proof that you CAN be a good man without being a Christian. But I still pray daily that someday he will be.

Danny I will check out that preacher that started that group. I had no idea who they were or what they were pedaling, and I also dislike being hassled by ANY group asking for money, but I usually just keep walking, LOL

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7354034
09/12/21 04:22 PM
09/12/21 04:22 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Jerry Jr,

no one has ALL the answers. best we can do is study the Word and pray for enlightenment (if we are so inclined).

I know that goes against our learned nature ("I want the easy answer NOW!"), but it is what it is...we all seek Truth;

some find it, some do not.

Last edited by white marlin; 09/12/21 05:31 PM.
Re: Christians be aware [Re: ] #7354065
09/12/21 05:10 PM
09/12/21 05:10 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by J Staton
Having never met Danny, I would agree with him on most things...except for Christ. I pray one day we would agree on that also.

me, too!

I believe he's a good man. I also believe he's a Lost Soul...at least for the time being. And I pray that he finds Truth!

Re: Christians be aware [Re: danny clifton] #7354295
09/12/21 10:09 PM
09/12/21 10:09 PM
AR
P
Preacherman Les Offline
trapper
Preacherman Les  Offline
trapper
P

AR
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Ang, I didnt bark at those folks outside walmart for being Christians, I barked at them for begging. Their sign was easy to see. If you or I either one had wanted to donate, we would have. Calling out in that fashion bothers me. I could have kept walking but figure rude behavior doesn't require politeness to be returned. If you remember they wanted money for Teen Challenge. A group started by a Pentecostal preacher named David Wilkerson. If you get bored read his "prophesy's". My parents over their lifetime have likely been bilked a hundred thousand dollars by that bunch. I will say they have helped a lot of addicts get clean. Yet there is no accounting for the money they collect or even how much it is that I am aware of. When that charlatan started prophesizing I figured the gig was up. No not a chance. He got even more money. Reminds me of when Oral Roberts said he was going into his prayer tower. That if he didnt get 6 million dollars in the next few days God was calling him home. If I remember right he got twice that. I am pretty sure my folks sent him a check too. It is their money. I dont think begging should be illegal, but if I am called too instead of let walk on by, my response isnt going to be what they want to hear.

Teen Challenge is a wonderful thing. Many more lives have been helped through Teen Challenge and by Dave Wilkerson than by grumpy old men who don't like pickles on their burgers.
Oral Roberts got his money when a gambler realized he would make a lot more money on the Vegas payoff (due to the odds) than what he would need to give to get Roberts to his goal.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread