No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Revitalization of the American Churches #7353977
09/12/21 03:12 PM
09/12/21 03:12 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Tman family,
It's with sincerity humility that I share the following with my trapper brothers and sisters, who more than many, marvel at the great outdoors.
Bossman, if it's not appropriate, then nix it please with my apologies. This post may answer some questions trappers have been asking on various posts.

Many of you are believers, so please know, while a great cultural battle is being fought on our American soil, there is also a great battle being waged by trained theologians and common everyday saints alike over how teachers are teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
It is being called a Revitalization of our American Churches, every bit as important as the Reformation started in 1517, when Martin Luther nailed his 95 Thesis to the door of the Church at Wittenberg.

Be encouraged that in 2021, there is great optimism within our faith, even though the battle is most serious, because false teachers and false people are being called out of their pulpits.
But the theology battle is not for the timid or weak kneed as false teachers are well funded and well placed.

Perhaps these pictures (trailer clips) will speak a 1,000 words and give the cliff notes of the battle between those who teach Truth and those who are the false prophets Jesus Himself warned would come.
We, as students, view this here at DTS during course work so that we realize the institutional framework of where we are, and the Gospel expectations of what is expected as students go out to preach, teach, and counsel as part of the revitalization efforts.

There is harsh work ahead for those who go willingly, by the Grace of God, with no chance of earthly gain, but promise of much hardship and suffering.
The Revitalization has begun.
Be encouraged trapper friends!
Some of you may know people waging war against false prophets. Encourage, edify, and support them however you can.
As Paul reminded Timothy amidst false teachers, "You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" 2 Tim 2:1, God's grace and not human effort is required in these situations.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354000
09/12/21 03:39 PM
09/12/21 03:39 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
False teachers and false prophets being all those who have a different interpretation of the Bible than you do?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: James] #7354002
09/12/21 03:45 PM
09/12/21 03:45 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by James
False teachers and false prophets being all those who have a different interpretation of the Bible than you do?

Jim

The Word of God much like the US Constitution is not open for interpretation it means exactly what God meant to say.

[Linked Image]
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: warrior] #7354005
09/12/21 03:48 PM
09/12/21 03:48 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by warrior

Jim

The Word of God much like the US Constitution is not open for interpretation it means exactly what God meant to say.

Then why are there so many different denominations/sects?

Or are all of them wrong except for 1 and we're waiting for God to sort that out in the last days?

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354010
09/12/21 03:53 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Why? You really have to ask that? Look around you, why do we have political parties, 31 flavors of ice cream, 24 genders?

[Linked Image]
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354011

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Denominations for the most part differentiate not about doctrine but over rituals and liturgy. Many on the sacraments of baptism and Lord's Supper.
Christian Churches affirm certain core faith teachings of the orthodox (right thinking) church... or they wouldn't be considered Christian.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354013
09/12/21 03:54 PM
09/12/21 03:54 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
If your faith is in a denomination and not the Blood of Christ there's a warm spot reserved for you in the pits of hades.

[Linked Image]
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354015
09/12/21 04:02 PM
09/12/21 04:02 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Thank you, Mark. We need those people who stand up for the truth against false teachings and false prophets. Both those everyday people who just state the truth to their family and a few friends and those who stand on a stage or at a pulpit and speak to the masses.

Jim,
Not those who interpret it differently, but those who interpret it falsely or flatly state things are in there that aren't in there at all. I won't put words in Mark's mouth, because a)he is quite capable of speaking for himself, and b)I don't know all his beliefs/interpretations. So speaking strictly for myself I will point out an example. The plethora of churches who have decided to teach that homosexuality and transgender is okay. There are numerous passages in the Bible that state in plain words that it is a sin, yet these churches have decided to bow to expediency and political correctness and falsely state that it is not.
There are many false teachings and prophets, some, such as David Koresh of the Branch Dividian (Waco massacre) which are commonly viewed as cultist extremists and wackos. Others such as the Episcopal Church and the Presbytarian Church U.S.A (other branches of Presbytarians have split due to differences over false teachings) have managed to be viewed as mainstream and bill themselves as 'modern' and 'inclusive.'

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354018
09/12/21 04:03 PM
09/12/21 04:03 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Our interim pastor made a good point today... Gary Brandenburg, head Chaplain for the Mercy Ships worldwide.
He said it's important to remember Christian believers are just people that admit to being messed up, screwed up, barely hanging on to the side rails sinners.... but they seek God, not as some kind of personal "savior" genie in a bottle - in a here's what I need from you God today kind of way, but rather in meek fashion saying, "look at me God, why would you ever give "me" any of Your Grace? Do you any clue what I've done or been?"

The false teachers turn the Gospel of our Lord upside down, package it in old retribution theology (the Pharisees) and pass it out, and urge people to turn to others saying "look at me. God has blessed me!"
Oh, not you? You're not faithful enough! Keep on trying until you're as good as me!
False teachers pit people against people and revel in the turmoil.

As the trailer says - from the Bible - prosperity Gospel is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In fact, the Apostles missed it if it was and the 12 WERE the REAL 12. All suffered. 11 died. Blessings? In this life?
The Gospel is the Person and Work of Jesus Christ in His 1st and 2nd Coming and the whole NT is about the "hope" of things to come. As in >>>> after this life.
Every epistle is written about it explicitly so that the early believers would know false from true teachers.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354031
09/12/21 04:19 PM
09/12/21 04:19 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Back in the day it would have been Gnosticism, today it would be things like ordaining women and homosexuals. Liberation theology was a big deal at one time as was/is a health & wealth 'gospel'.

My pastor mentioned a poll that stated 40% of 'Christians' thought Jesus wasn't the only way to God. You begin to see a problem.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354038
09/12/21 04:30 PM
09/12/21 04:30 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Peter wrote the answer of where to find answers; God's Word. It is the final say. Wonderfully we get to offer opinions.

So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.
But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

2 Peter 1:19–21.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: James] #7354081
09/12/21 05:33 PM
09/12/21 05:33 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Jim

Jim, your answer is in Scripture in Jesus' own Words;

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
So then, you will know them by their fruits."

Matthew 7:15–20.

What do all these false prophets and preachers and pastors point to?
Wealth. Money. Success.
In a word: Greed.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354090
09/12/21 05:45 PM
09/12/21 05:45 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Doesnt the above verse go on to say you will recognize them by their fruitage? Has nothing to do with greed but rather evil and hatred.

Right is right, wrong is wrong, poison is poison. Even a little poison corrupts the whole container. There can only be one truth. Baptists, Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals ect...... Only ine can be truth the rest have partial lies and we all know who the father of the lie is.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: Posco] #7354099
09/12/21 05:55 PM
09/12/21 05:55 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Posco
Back in the day it would have been Gnosticism, today it would be things like ordaining women and homosexuals. Liberation theology was a big deal at one time as was/is a health & wealth 'gospel'.

My pastor mentioned a poll that stated 40% of 'Christians' thought Jesus wasn't the only way to God. You begin to see a problem.

You core down to the basics the heresy of today is gnosticism in it's separation of the body and spirit. As long as one's "spirit" is good you can commit all sorts of hedonism in the body.

[Linked Image]
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: Pike River] #7354150
09/12/21 07:03 PM
09/12/21 07:03 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Pike River
Doesnt the above verse go on to say you will recognize them by their fruitage? Has nothing to do with greed but rather evil and hatred.
Right is right, wrong is wrong, poison is poison. Even a little poison corrupts the whole container. There can only be one truth. Baptists, Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals ect...... Only ine can be truth the rest have partial lies and we all know who the father of the lie is.

Good question, but we know what the fruits of the flesh are because the Apostle Paul lists many of them in Galatians 5:19-21. It's quite a lengthy list but that is our nature.... "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing,"

As far as the different denominations, the Christian faith has long held to "core" doctrines and most theologians agree there are a minimum of seven (7). As long as a church, regardless of their "values," "beliefs," "liturgies" doesn't DELETE from this list, they are consider orthodox (right thinking) Christian. A theology can ADD to the list (to a point) and some have >>> Roman Catholicism with their 5 additional sacraments for example. That's termed "heterodoxy" and is still Christian because they affirm the core 7. Some denominations have DELETED core doctrines and replaced with different doctrine. That is termed heresy and would not be called Christian by most.
The core seven statements of faith are;
>the Trinity
>the full deity and humanity of Christ
>the spiritual lostness of the human race
>the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ
>salvation by God through faith in Jesus Christ
>the physical return of Christ
>the authority and inerrancy of Scripture.

The Universal Church is made up of all the denominations that have held to what the Apostle's taught post-Ascension, so all the Baptists, Roman Catholics, Pentecostals, and such would commonly be held as orthodox as long as they affirmed the seven at a minimum (and they all do). Denominations usually just vary on how they "do church" = worship/leadership/sacraments/liturgical ritual but they are all Christian at a core with the seven doctrines at hand (people fight about the weeds more than the core).
Now that said, individual pastors or clergy, or people even can say "I don't agree with all those 7."
That has been done throughout history (and still is being done.... thus the Revitalization efforts), but that falls outside the core and that'd be either called an "aberrant faith" or a "cult."

Hope that helps!

Personally I'm Augustinian (4th century theologian) who wrote that the Universal Church is the visible and invisible saints (believers) in heaven and on earth.
Love me some interdenominational gatherings.
I attend a non-denominational seminary and there are all sorts from all over the world that come here because DTS is renowned for studying all 66 Protestant Books. All of 'em. Equally.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354169
09/12/21 07:22 PM
09/12/21 07:22 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
I have come to the conclusion that it matters not what denomination of Christianity you belong to as long as you accept Jesus. I do not approve of these television ministries that are profiting in the name of the Lord. Also I do not approve of churches bowing to modern day pressures such as gay marriages or homosexuals being ordained.These things are against the teaching of the Bible.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: Fisher Man] #7354171
09/12/21 07:29 PM
09/12/21 07:29 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Fisher Man
I have come to the conclusion that it matters not what denomination of Christianity you belong to as long as you accept Jesus. I do not approve of these television ministries that are profiting in the name of the Lord. Also I do not approve of churches bowing to modern day pressures such as gay marriages or homosexuals being ordained.These things are against the teaching of the Bible.

2x

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354201
09/12/21 08:14 PM
09/12/21 08:14 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I hear so often how churches are just there to take your money! One of the first things an unbeliever will throw at you in dicussion. As everything in life, it takes money to keep the lights on. But as a believer, I gladly contribute my tithes to help keep the lights on, and pay the pastor for the work he does. You cannot take that money with you, so why not do good with it! The problem is, the false prophets willingly take all they can get, and that's where people start pointing fingers at real churches, that do so much with very little! Many times the finger pointing is just another excuse for why they won't go to church!

Good thread Mark, thank you!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354220
09/12/21 08:27 PM
09/12/21 08:27 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Preach on brother Lee! Amen.

Regarding false prophets and teachers;

The Church is facing assault from a hostile world, but it is also being infiltrated by false teachers. The Church is at risk of being infected by the growing indifference to Christ's return and the judgment to follow. 2 Peter might well have been written today at the dawn of a third millennium. Like a mirror, it reflects the pagan culture of our times and the prevailing condition of the Church. 2 Peter is greatly needed, yet it is little known and is lightly regarded in our time... it is an appeal for loyalty to Christ in the midst of subtle heresy.. - Kenneth G. Hanna "From Gospels to Glory: Exploring the New Testament."

Peter saw Jesus at the Transfiguration where the Lord spoke with Moses and Elijah in front of John, James, and Peter...
shortly after having told His disciples He was heading to Jerusalem where He would be killed.
He assured John, James, and Peter (the rambunctious one) that His Word would be passed to them as Truth.
2nd Peter is where the Apostle Peter tells believers that the Word having been passed to him from Jesus as TRUTH, is now being passed to them as TRUTH, as Peter himself will not live long (he will be martyred).

There are very stern words and warnings for false prophets and teachers in 2 Peter and many wolves in sheep's clothing will not teach from it for this reason.
We say.... preach 2 Peter early and often!
The Word passed from Jesus as God to Peter his chosen disciple has not wavered in all that time.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354229
09/12/21 08:35 PM
09/12/21 08:35 PM
Central PA, God's Country
PAlltheway Offline
trapper
PAlltheway  Offline
trapper

Central PA, God's Country
About one third of the Protestant churches teach that Jesus was the first socialist and the Gospel is all about giving your stuff away and never wanting material things, open borders etc. Probably half the Catholic Church is on board with the communist pope, and probably a solid fifty to sixty percent of American Jews (the non religious ones, not to be confused with Israelis)) are fully on board with where the Left is going. The church my dad’s side belonged to since it was a log cabin in the 1740s is now Church of Christ, which I call Church of Communism. They make no apologies for their leftist anti-America policies, sermons, etc. America is in trouble, and the church (broadly meant) is a big part of coalescing Americans back into basic morality and a sense of community.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread