No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354437
09/13/21 06:52 AM
09/13/21 06:52 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Now James and Danny answer me a question. When you think of what God would look like, do you see Jesus?

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354440
09/13/21 06:55 AM
09/13/21 06:55 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

It's ages old and it still exists. Human nature.

Sincerely, those who demand to hear precise exact perfect answers from people must know;
don't miss this >>>> you're asking the wrong person.
The Gospel of John, especially chapter 8 is really explicit on this.

Sinful people who have humbly sought God's face through His Son Jesus are typically doing about the best they can with what they they got. Literally.
So, the Bible is available and with the help of the Holy Spirit, Truth can be sought through the Word of God.
It's best to interpret with other faithful souls so as to guard against prideful "knowing it all."

Some might smile at this kind of answer but it's biblical and therein lies the answer for sincere hearts. You will know Him through the hearing of His Word.
If you believe the Bible is God's Word or at least come with an humble nature.

We always remember the biblical narrative that hard hearts don't come to listen, they come to provoke, accuse, or silence.
It's in the Old Testament writings everywhere and it's certainly in the NT where people didn't recognize or want to hear from God.
He came as the Lamb, and they demanded a Lion of Judah, so they accused Him with nonstop questions, didn't like his answers, and killed Him.

We pray always God gathers more to Himself before the Trumpet sounds.
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: Chancey] #7354444
09/13/21 07:02 AM
09/13/21 07:02 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Chancey
Great post Mark, I think it speaks directly to all of us believers as far as God's way as to where we are in our walk with our Lord and Savior.

I'm a rotten individual, and when I read the Bible; especially The Revelation, I know that I am the Lukewarm Church - The Laodiceans.
I hate it that I am that, but I'm certain that is where I belong. There are a lot of things I need to fix.

It is my opinion, that when we asked Jesus into our hearts to be our Lord and Savior, He truly does live within us. It is our responsibility and ambassadorship to show up daily! I fail in many ways; and depend on His Grace and Mercy to get me through it. I realize that I'm a rotten individual, but then I think of the wonderful opportunity I have. I have 5 different Bibles that I read from, also the ability to research anything I want. I've never been persecuted, and I can speak freely about what I want. I can study the Bible all I want and make my own decisions about Truth.

In China today, Xi Xinping is destroying all Christian Churches, Mosques, Hindu Temples, etc. He if proclaiming himself as the Holy Ruler and is incorporating his pictures and glory in all grade school textbooks.

Jesus Christ lives within each and every one of us believers. The Religion of Christianity may be dying because of deception, but I think the Church is strong. Our bodies and the way we treat one another is the Church in my opinion.

The below videos are very powerful to me. It narrows the focus and puts things into perspective, and brings me to tears.

All flesh is grass, but the Word of our Lord will stand forever!!

We are all sinners, yet for the Grace of the Lord God Almighty. Thank you Jesus!!

Thank you for this post. I still recall one of my favorite profs John Hannah saying; God seems apparent oftentimes to people who undergo great tragedy.... and every human will undergo great tragedy. Whether we blame God or thank God during these times is how it all really plays out.
Dr. Hannah grew up as a street urchin on the streets of Philadelphia. Smart. Humble. Straight shooter.

There is wonder to it all THANK GOD.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354449
09/13/21 07:09 AM
09/13/21 07:09 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
J Staton, no. If I imagine a god like the bible describes I see a man in a black leather skin tight jumpsuit, sunglasses with mirrors, an old style biker hat, lineman boots and wearing a dog collar with spikes. A pair of shackles in one hand and slip joint pliers in the other

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354458
09/13/21 07:28 AM
09/13/21 07:28 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
When I picture Jesus, I see the worlds first hippie. Make love not war kinda guy. No job, no ambition, living off the generosity of others. A man tortured to death for refusing to assimilate. All the stories of him being holy evolving out of anger and frustration. Getting more wild after all the people who knew him were dead.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354462
09/13/21 07:32 AM
09/13/21 07:32 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by J Staton
Now James and Danny answer me a question. When you think of what God would look like, do you see Jesus?

That's actually very close to would be termed someone's "worldview" and our worldview pretty much determines our answers to basic life questions.
The 1st worldview that dials in the scope would be; "Why is there something from nothing?" How we answer this is predictive to the next basic question, "Why do we exist?"
From our 1st answer logically flows the next answers in most cases anthropologists have studied.

Most of the millions of humanity, no matter the culture, wander without giving too much thought to these questions, but it's in us all.
The Roman Poet Virgil is famous for penning; By the choice of our gods, we choose our destiny.
Pretty much.... for all the gods,
except followers of Christ who are unique in saying, "He first loved us."

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354466
09/13/21 07:51 AM
09/13/21 07:51 AM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Sin is sin. None is any bigger than the other. Murder versus a little white lie. Asking to be forgiven for the sins you did and truly mean it. God will forgive you. I’m not the judge, God is. I am far from perfect. Nobody is perfect living on this earth, although many think they are. Every knee will bow to God one day. It’s up to each person if they want to believe it.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354470
09/13/21 07:57 AM
09/13/21 07:57 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Mark, why does there have to be something from nothing? Isnt the "nothing" theory just one possibility?

Kevin Stake we all know that is what the bible says. The question was:

Jesus said that divorce (except for adultery) is a sin. So how many Christians are living in sin when they go to church with their new spouse? Why is Christians' special hatred reserved for gay people and not for divorced people?

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: danny clifton] #7354478
09/13/21 08:10 AM
09/13/21 08:10 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Mark, why does there have to be something from nothing? Isnt the "nothing" theory just one possibility?

Kevin Stake we all know that is what the bible says. The question was:

Jesus said that divorce (except for adultery) is a sin. So how many Christians are living in sin when they go to church with their new spouse? Why is Christians' special hatred reserved for gay people and not for divorced people?

Yes, danny it is. In a functional sense, the atheist view is there is no God and something always existed. Hardly anyone takes this view at a serious level in this age of "serious answers." Agnostics, positivists, scientivists, marxists, and existentialism (realism), all come from this worldview in most scholar's opinions. Too often scholars say, it is assumed in university educational settings that an atheistic posture is a scientific, critical, middle of the road position, but it's viewed as none of these. It is simply a subjective position.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354489
09/13/21 08:34 AM
09/13/21 08:34 AM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Bowhunter, don’t put all truck drivers in one category. I have my CDL and I’m sure Danny drives also. Don’t put us all in the same basket. Yes many drivers are slobs and shouldn’t have a CDL.

Danny, all I can say is ask Jesus for forgiveness. God is the judge not me. My sister just got a divorce and I believe God forgave her. That’s all I can say.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354495
09/13/21 08:37 AM
09/13/21 08:37 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I believe Bowhunter was trying to point out the "error" of lumping everyone as being the same. grin

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354498
09/13/21 08:40 AM
09/13/21 08:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Bowhunter, its a fool who doesn't judge others. Else you will be taken advantage of, your family wont be safe.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354511
09/13/21 09:05 AM
09/13/21 09:05 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Forgiveness is a foundational part of Christianity but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for badness/sin.

Oh....I'll just divorce and remain....and ask for forgiveness...That's why Jesus died... crazy

Too many excuse their willful sins as just simple imperfect and say Jesus will forgive. Hebrews 10:26.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: danny clifton] #7354512
09/13/21 09:07 AM
09/13/21 09:07 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Bowhunter, its a fool who doesn't judge others. Else you will be taken advantage of, your family wont be safe.

Safe? Is the being taken advantage of bodily injury or loss of freedom?

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354533
09/13/21 09:35 AM
09/13/21 09:35 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
We all abide under the wrath of God until we're born again or regenerated or whatever you choose to call it. I would'nt desire to rob someone of a hope God's mercy can be extended even to them.

Gay, divorced, drug addicted or whatever it happens to be, Christ came to seek and save sinners. Paul said he was the chief of sinners. Maybe, but I was a contender.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354544
09/13/21 09:48 AM
09/13/21 09:48 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Why do you get so upset when someone says they don't believe and then says why? Its not a personal attack.

FWIW when log books were still hand written I didnt know anybody that stayed within its parameters and did not lie. I myself can't remember a single day where I drove what I logged.

It has not changed either. All time spent loading and unloading and all time waiting to load or unload and all time waiting for dispatch, is to be logged on duty not driving. Time that counts against the 70 hours in 8 days allowed to be used for working/driving. NO ONE I know, does not go offduty if the truck isn't moving after 15 minutes for loading, unloading, fuel, pretrip etc.

Mark dont play games. You know exactly what I meant by safe.

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354547
09/13/21 10:13 AM
09/13/21 10:13 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

I have no idea and was trying to see your perspective?
If I ask a clarifying question, I'm. "told" to not "play games."
How convenient for your monolog.
You alone will do all the asking?

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354563
09/13/21 10:29 AM
09/13/21 10:29 AM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
this kind of theological discussion bore most who seek a sense of community and belonging at a church. Many of the younger generation want to be part of something bigger than themselves in worship to God but don't find it in most current day churches who bicker over minor doctrinal differences.

Its no wonder church attendance continues to decline.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/248837/church-membership-down-sharply-past-two-decades.aspx

[Linked Image]

Not hard to see this trend is not sustainable.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ILcooner; 09/13/21 10:31 AM.
Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354574
09/13/21 10:45 AM
09/13/21 10:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think the decline is the result of the world getting smaller. First radio, then TV, now computers. It took a couple weeks to get from New York City to San Francisco in 1900 by train. For most people it took longer as the trip was to arduous. Now its a few hours on a plane with a reclining seat and a movie. In 1900 a trip to Europe took two or three weeks once the traveler got to New York. Now a just graduated high school student in rural AK can be in London in less than 24 hours. Peoples view is not limited to their immediate community. That same decline is evident world wide in all religion

Re: Revitalization of the American Churches [Re: ] #7354578
09/13/21 10:54 AM
09/13/21 10:54 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

People have long discussed the things that matter ILcooner and a few today would say theology fits that mold.

The reason church attendance is down isn't for the reasons you offer and even if it were...
Is the primary reason people go to church for a sense of community?
If so, they'll drift.
Not to say believers aren't called to edify and encourage one another, but let's be honest, culture will win that siren song. All sorts of fun gatherings every Sunday, or Wednesday or whenever.
Eat, drink, and be Merry is the history of human culture.
Jesus didn't start a club, he started a movement. His.

Remember too that Tman isn't a church. It's an Internet forum where opinions are discussed. A thread. Back and forth amongst friends.
Ever argue with your mom? Dad? Still love 'em?
Kinda like TMan'ers. laugh
Right Jim!

Blessings,
Mark

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread