No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
China's grubby hands in Afghanistan #7354815
09/13/21 05:36 PM
09/13/21 05:36 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline OP
trapper
BuckMink  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
If this thread is inappropriate, just axe it bossman.

I see where china's is sending aid to the Taliban in their search of getting all of the untapped resources in that land. What your view of the outcome?

If we go back, it will be twice as hard. Taliban has complete control and now china is friends with them.

Your views? I guess we can expect more attacks on our soil now? Man did we screw up by leaving thanks to Joe.

This is a humanitarian disaster!

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354826
09/13/21 05:54 PM
09/13/21 05:54 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by BuckMink

I see where china's is sending aid to the Taliban in their search of getting all of the untapped resources in that land. What your view of the outcome?

If we go back, it will be twice as hard. Taliban has complete control and now china is friends with them.

Your views? I guess we can expect more attacks on our soil now? Man did we screw up by leaving thanks to Joe.

It's not just Joe you have to thank. Mainly you should thank his predecessor's agreement on behalf of the US to depart regardless of whether the required "negations" left the Taliban in charge.

How the agreement was performed by the US is of course Biden's responsibility. The distinction is important.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354827
09/13/21 05:59 PM
09/13/21 05:59 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
Trump didn't pull all the troops before leaving or leave all the weapons.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354829
09/13/21 06:00 PM
09/13/21 06:00 PM
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
Once again TDS on display. Just such a scholarly man as yourself surely is aware that you are once again spewing only half-truths. Agreed that Trump did indeed set up a withdrawal plan, but the point you and others of your ilk fail to mention us that there were many conditions which were to be met before the withdrawal would happen. Funny how that part is seemingly always left out conveniently by “your” side. Carry on now, just trying to keep the information factual. sorry ‘bout that James

Long live the MAGA King
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354830
09/13/21 06:01 PM
09/13/21 06:01 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I'm thinking Trump made a deal with China. We withdraw, let Taliban control and China support to get resources on the understanding that China keeps Afghanistan neutered, not allowing a base to attack America. Its China's priblem now and plays into their OBOR project. I'm sure there would be some incentives that China had to include towards American business to make it equitable.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354831
09/13/21 06:02 PM
09/13/21 06:02 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
This disaster is all Biden no one in there right mind could think anything else.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354835
09/13/21 06:06 PM
09/13/21 06:06 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
That was Biden's doing, yes, concrete man.

Buck mink asked, "What [is] your view of the outcome?" and expressed dislike of the fact the Taliban are now in charge and they're making friends with China. These outcomes were the result of Trump's agreement.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354855
09/13/21 06:18 PM
09/13/21 06:18 PM
WI
B
Badger23 Offline
trapper
Badger23  Offline
trapper
B

WI
The way it was handled was all Biden. How come the current administration has no problem taking apart what Trump done when it comes to basically everything else but then says they have to do what Trump said?

Biden has shown weakness since the day he took office and if he stays in office or anyone with a D behind their name it won't be any better. Biden hates the USA and the majority of his voters do as well.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354859
09/13/21 06:22 PM
09/13/21 06:22 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by James

Buck mink asked, "What [is] your view of the outcome?" and expressed dislike of the fact the Taliban are now in charge and they're making friends with China. These outcomes were the result of Trump's agreement.

Jim

You sound like you think we should've stayed instead of Trumps idea of leaving?

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: TC1] #7354863
09/13/21 06:25 PM
09/13/21 06:25 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by TC1
Once again TDS on display. Just such a scholarly man as yourself surely is aware that you are once again spewing only half-truths. Agreed that Trump did indeed set up a withdrawal plan, but the point you and others of your ilk fail to mention us that there were many conditions which were to be met before the withdrawal would happen. Funny how that part is seemingly always left out conveniently by “your” side. Carry on now, just trying to keep the information factual. sorry ‘bout that James

To be accurate on your facts, please give the many "conditions" the Taliban were required to perform. The only two I can recall are that the Taliban would not allow Afghanistan to be used by al Queda or other groups to threaten the security of the US or its partners, and that the Taliban would engage in "talks and negotiations" with the elected government of Afghanistan, which wasn't consulted by the US before making the agreement. The agreement didn't even require the Taliban to hold negotiations in good faith.

Perhaps you recall or can find more "conditions." By the way, the agreement contains no actual conditions, just terms the parties agreed to perform. The difference is not semantic.

The US agreed to release 5,000 Taliban terrorists (as defined by US government and law), and performed that term of the agreement. (Where was the outrage then?) The Taliban then conducted "negotiations" and satisfied their promises under the agreement.

All that remained was the US promise to withdraw. The mismanagement of the withdrawal is Biden's responsibility, and he ought to pay for it next election, if the GOP offers a reasonable candidate.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354866
09/13/21 06:27 PM
09/13/21 06:27 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
We spar on who is at fault when the winner is for today China and they have been patiently waiting for 40 years with the USSR and the USA spending fortunes and lives to keep the country easy for them to use as a huge resource. The few million people in Afghanistan will not be hard for them to work with and route in the direction(s) they want to go. Seventy years ago the battle was mostly democracy backed by wealth and authority managed by fear and control. The two are still there but now they also have wealth to invest and that is a real game changer and one the Western nations need to get a grasp of.

Bryce

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354873
09/13/21 06:31 PM
09/13/21 06:31 PM
North Cass Co. Minnesota
DiggerDale Offline
trapper
DiggerDale  Offline
trapper

North Cass Co. Minnesota
China wants the lithium resource for sure.. Barisma (where have I heard that name) needs an oil pipeline.. Follow the money...

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: hippie] #7354875
09/13/21 06:32 PM
09/13/21 06:32 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by hippie

Jim

You sound like you think we should've stayed instead of Trumps idea of leaving?

I think during the Trump term we should have escalated our pounding of the Taliban, EVEN IF WE HAD TO FOLLOW THEM INTO PAKISTAN, until we exterminated them or until they agreed to arbitration that left them only one of several viable political parties in Afghanistan.

Don't know if it would have worked, but the outcome could not possibly have been worse than what we have now.

I blame Obama for not making a genuine effort to do the above during his eight years.

Thanks for the civil question, btw.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354891
09/13/21 06:45 PM
09/13/21 06:45 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I don't think a puppet govt would've lasted any longer with them gone. Too many countries got bogged down in the same land with the same results.

You can't kill an ideoligy.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354894
09/13/21 06:47 PM
09/13/21 06:47 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
If the Afghans had elected the Taliban, so be it.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354900
09/13/21 06:51 PM
09/13/21 06:51 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.

It's not just Joe you have to thank. Mainly you should thank his predecessor's agreement on behalf of the US to depart regardless of whether the required "negations" left the Taliban in charge.

How the agreement was performed by the US is of course Biden's responsibility. The distinction is important.

Jim

All I hear from the words is the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher ....wa wa wa......wa wa. Wa wa wa.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354902
09/13/21 06:55 PM
09/13/21 06:55 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
What if the puppet govt worked with the Chinese?

The only way I see that we kept any control was we own it. I'm glad we're out, I'm not very proud of the debacle Biden made of it tho.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354915
09/13/21 07:06 PM
09/13/21 07:06 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan

Jim

A show of hands of those shocked that this poster is number two on this thread? Another show of hands of those shocked this Joe Biden** supporter blamed Trump right away?

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354918
09/13/21 07:10 PM
09/13/21 07:10 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by TC1

To be accurate on your facts, please give the many "conditions" the Taliban were required to perform. The only two I can recall are that the Taliban would not allow Afghanistan to be used by al Queda or other groups to threaten the security of the US or its partners, and that the Taliban would engage in "talks and negotiations" with the elected government of Afghanistan, which wasn't consulted by the US before making the agreement. The agreement didn't even require the Taliban to hold negotiations in good faith.

Perhaps you recall or can find more "conditions." By the way, the agreement contains no actual conditions, just terms the parties agreed to perform. The difference is not semantic.

The US agreed to release 5,000 Taliban terrorists (as defined by US government and law), and performed that term of the agreement. (Where was the outrage then?) The Taliban then conducted "negotiations" and satisfied their promises under the agreement.

All that remained was the US promise to withdraw. The mismanagement of the withdrawal is Biden's responsibility, and he ought to pay for it next election, if the GOP offers a reasonable candidate.

Jim

Should the GOP candidate simply have to have a pulse? I heard that somewhere before....

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: hippie] #7354923
09/13/21 07:13 PM
09/13/21 07:13 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by hippie
I don't think a puppet govt would've lasted any longer with them gone. Too many countries got bogged down in the same land with the same results.

You can't kill an ideoligy.

Which puppet government? Afghanistan's or Americas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread