No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354930
09/13/21 07:16 PM
09/13/21 07:16 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
lol. About the same ain't they! laugh

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: hippie] #7354933
09/13/21 07:19 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by hippie
What if the puppet govt worked with the Chinese?

The only way I see that we kept any control was we own it. I'm glad we're out, I'm not very proud of the debacle Biden made of it tho.

Doesn't make any difference to your main point, but the prior government, before the Taliban re-took control, was elected. Don't you remember, back in the last of the Bush days, when people proudly showed their purple-stained thumbs to prove they had voted?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: hippie] #7354935
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by hippie
lol. About the same ain't they! laugh

Just pointing out the obvious.... crazy

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354943
09/13/21 07:22 PM
09/13/21 07:22 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
My main point is, there was nothing wrong with leaving, just the mess the idiot made of doing it.

The other point is, unless we stayed, we have no control if they worked with China.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354952
09/13/21 07:34 PM
09/13/21 07:34 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I don't agree we should have left with our tail tucked between our legs. For the rest you are correct.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: James] #7354955
09/13/21 07:43 PM
09/13/21 07:43 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Originally Posted by James
That was Biden's doing, yes, concrete man.

These outcomes were the result of Trump's agreement.

Jim

EXPLAIN

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354959
09/13/21 07:47 PM
09/13/21 07:47 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
For once got to agree with James. The exit should of came with conditions and if not followed bomb them into oblivion as that seems all they respect. They should of never been able to access those weapons even down to the rifles and night vision.

We were stuck in a never ending war about the same as the war on drugs. We should of learned from Russia's try ahead of us. I don't think China will have much better time then we had as they don't have a centralized government. If they can't find anyone else they will be happy to carry on with their fight between tribes.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: Oh Snap] #7354969
09/13/21 07:58 PM
09/13/21 07:58 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
That was Biden's doing, yes, concrete man.

Jim

EXPLAIN

You left off an important part of that post, Oh Snap, and you didn't ask please, lol, but I'll take a stab.

The outcomes I talked about were the Taliban taking charge of the country, and then making friends with China. Part of the job of making an agreement is to predict what will happen if an agreement is performed and what will happen if it's breached.

The only things the Taliban offered was a promise not to allow groups to threaten US security, and a promise to "negotiate" with the elected government of Afghanistan. They negotiated as far as they wanted to a non-agreement. Their promise not to threaten our security will probably be kept because they don't want us to return.

The Taliban have been pounded by US forces for twenty years. Many of them have been killed, and those have surviving family and friends who now hate us, the US. They also hate the Russians for the same reason. That leaves only one world power for them to turn to: China.

These outcomes should have been predictable when the agreement was made.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354977
09/13/21 08:09 PM
09/13/21 08:09 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
[quote=James]That was Biden's doing, yes, concrete man.

Jim

You left off an important part of that post, Oh Snap, and you didn't ask please, lol, but I'll take a stab.

The outcomes I talked about were the Taliban taking charge of the country, and then making friends with China. Part of the job of making an agreement is to predict what will happen if an agreement is performed and what will happen if it's breached.

The only things the Taliban offered was a promise not to allow groups to threaten US security, and a promise to "negotiate" with the elected government of Afghanistan. They negotiated as far as they wanted to a non-agreement. Their promise not to threaten our security will probably be kept because they don't want us to return.

The Taliban have been pounded by US forces for twenty years. Many of them have been killed, and those have surviving family and friends who now hate us, the US. They also hate the Russians for the same reason. That leaves only one world power for them to turn to: China.

These outcomes should have been predictable when the agreement was made.

Jim

When you change an agreement from it's initial form you then OWN it and what happens. I can't see if Trump was still president letting things go as they happened. If the citizens of Afghanistan won't fight for their own country how long are we to prop them up? Last I knew we weren't into seizing another countries assets or annexing them to guard them for ourselves..

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354980
09/13/21 08:13 PM
09/13/21 08:13 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Drifter, I agree with your last point. Biden did change the withdrawal date. I don't know how that came to be, whether it was with the Taliban's consent, or whether the Taliban considered it a breach.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354983
09/13/21 08:14 PM
09/13/21 08:14 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Please!

I read the agreement. I believe the agreement would have been able to, if implemented, would have enough teeth to keep China out of Afghanistan since China is our enemy. The Biden administration is owned by China so without any agreement they have free reign!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354993
09/13/21 08:24 PM
09/13/21 08:24 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Trump cleaned up every mess Biden/Obama left him over there in fine fashon.
Syria, Iran, Rocket man and ISIS .

No reason to believe he didn't have this under control either.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354997
09/13/21 08:27 PM
09/13/21 08:27 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
In the famous words of an ex official Clinton, what difference does it make now ??

Biden screwed up the deal made by intervening new actions and ignoring Trumps past negotiating, how that is Trumps fault escapes me LOL, but as usual Democrat's will waste no time trying to blame Trump for something he has no control over.

Biden made the withdrawal his, he owns it and anything associated with it because of how he had it done, not some previous predecessor, he could have waited but he wanted to show he meant business and made the call, end of argument really.

Not listening to any military about leaving the goodies behind probably was not even given to him to make a call on, and his past history of not making any decisions of a forward movement in the positive is well known, This was a hurry up and do job and was muddled right from the get go.

China now reaps the rewards, a new mineral development, new arms to reverse engineer, some new people to watch over which they probably can easily move in and take care of, seeing as they are much more on point about that than either the US or Russia ever was, who gets the shaft, the continued population of the country who will be enslaved by the Taliban as well as China not permitting anything to go on, so they can keep the Taliban as friends.

There is no more bearing on our country , except those left behind and continued to be forced to wait now that there is no free flights in and out, all will fade away in a couple months, just as before when we had our hands tied over there when the politicians got involved with wars clear back in Viet Nam !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7354999
09/13/21 08:30 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I can't see Trump ever letting them have access to all the high tech weapons either. We house tons of weapons in Germany as well as other countries it could of been transported to instead. At the very least any sensitive equipment should of been destroyed. The repercussions to this is going to take a long time to get past. The Chinese will reverse engineer and find a lot that can hurt us in the long run. The site system on our tanks are far superior to theirs alone not to mention they helicopters weapon system. The missile defense system left at the airport may well be a real danger to our whole defense system. We know it was still functional before our troops left as they used it to down what was shot at them.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7355000
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
It was under control, but then a stolen election.

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7355003
09/13/21 08:33 PM
09/13/21 08:33 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline OP
trapper
BuckMink  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
So if they don't want us to return will that keep them from attacking our soil per say?

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: Drifter] #7355004
09/13/21 08:35 PM
09/13/21 08:35 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline OP
trapper
BuckMink  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Originally Posted by Drifter
I can't see Trump ever letting them have access to all the high tech weapons either. We house tons of weapons in Germany as well as other countries it could of been transported to instead. At the very least any sensitive equipment should of been destroyed. The repercussions to this is going to take a long time to get past. The Chinese will reverse engineer and find a lot that can hurt us in the long run. The site system on our tanks are far superior to theirs alone not to mention they helicopters weapon system. The missile defense system left at the airport may well be a real danger to our whole defense system. We know it was still functional before our troops left as they used it to down what was shot at them.

Yes, shoulda been destroyed!

Re: China's grubby hands in Afghanistan [Re: BuckMink] #7355023
09/13/21 08:59 PM
09/13/21 08:59 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
china has paid the biden family millions over the years and even helped him cheat to get elected,,,,,why would they do that?hmmm

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread