No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Tribulation and Rapture #7355802
09/14/21 08:17 PM
09/14/21 08:17 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
This was mentioned on another thread and I thought it might be interesting to make a specific thread about it. I've read the Bible all my life but am definitely not what you would call a Bible scholar. Honestly, I've never even really studied the Bible much until recently.

I know the end times are one of the most debated things in the Bible. I know some people believe that the Rapture will happen pre-Tribulation, while others believe it will happen mid- or post-Tribulation. I also just now learned that not even all denominations believe in the Rapture.

So what are your thoughts? Will there be a Rapture? When will it happen? Do you believe the 21 judgments listed in Revelation are literal, or symbolic? Basically this thread is for discussion on anything and everything pertaining to the end times.

Believers and non-believers all welcome. smile

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355811
09/14/21 08:23 PM
09/14/21 08:23 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
No, I don't believe in the Rapture or Tribulation.

I do believe the human race could become extinct at any time, due to our own stupidity or a large-scale natural disaster, like a huge volcano, an asteroid strike, or a nearby star that goes nova. I suppose we might call it the End Times.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355814
09/14/21 08:29 PM
09/14/21 08:29 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think revelation is THE most debated book of the bible

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355827
09/14/21 08:44 PM
09/14/21 08:44 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
As long as you TRULY BELIEVE in Jesus there is no need to fret. Oh the rapture and trib are coming and will not be pretty. But repent and believe in Jesus and have a wonderful eternity! James, you may want to invest in some sort of HVAC company. Just saying.

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355829
09/14/21 08:45 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I never cared for the expression, "Just saying."

Of course you're just saying it. You aren't using telepathy. lol

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355830
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I don't think one will ever have a definitive answer to your questions.

Because there are so many different kinds of religions and interpretations of the bible as well as which one is used.

Something will probably happen to the world and be called something from some bible and it will only be a natural calamity !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Scout1] #7355833
09/14/21 08:52 PM
09/14/21 08:52 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Scout1
As long as you TRULY BELIEVE in Jesus there is no need to fret. Oh the rapture and trib are coming and will not be pretty. But repent and believe in Jesus and have a wonderful eternity! James, you may want to invest in some sort of HVAC company. Just saying.

Oh I am not fretting. I just find it really interesting and am wanting to learn more about what different people believe about it.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355856
09/14/21 09:15 PM
09/14/21 09:15 PM
GA
P
PSPH17 Offline
trapper
PSPH17  Offline
trapper
P

GA
I believe there will be a rapture then the tribulation. For those that are saved and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ we will be raptured out and not be involved in the tribulation. I think we are in the last days for sure. This is my belief and I also respect others who believe differently.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355869
09/14/21 09:20 PM
09/14/21 09:20 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I know people who fret about things like the Rapture, and if they will be ready for it, and things like that. These things lay out in the future.

The thing you need to worry about is the Here-and-Now. You could get smashed by truck the first thing tomorrow morning and that would be "the end of times" for you.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355880
09/14/21 09:27 PM
09/14/21 09:27 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
In regards to your post, Clarence Larkin has some really good writings about end time prophecies, it is not light reading and you have to really follow closely but it is good. I believe based on my studies of the scripture that the rapture will occur immediately prior to the tribulation period, this is the first phase of Christ's return but he doesn't set foot on the earth at this time, the saints are called to meet him in the air, then at the end of the tribulation you will have the second phase of Christ's return where he actually sets foot on the earth, and defeats the forces of Satan and the anti-christ and then sets up his earthly kingdom for the millennial reign. At the end of the millennial reign the resurrection of the lost occurs and then the Great White Throne Judgement. It is important to understand the dispensations of the bible to understand how everything fits together, this is where a lot of confusion occurs. Also before studying Revelation, it is important to thoroughly study Daniel and Ezekiel as they set the stage for Revelation.

Obviously this is a greatly condensed post but hopefully it is helpful.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355884
09/14/21 09:31 PM
09/14/21 09:31 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
To further clarify (where did the other thread go?) not believing in the rapture doesn't mean one doesn't believe in Jesus' return or the final judgment.

"What is Amillennialism?
Amillennialism is actually misnamed. The ‘a’ at the beginning means ‘no’, indicating the proponents of this position believe there will be no millennial reign. But that is not accurate. A better title would be something like ‘realized millennialism’, indicating that we are currently in the millennium.

Amillennialism is not new. Many throughout the history of the church have held it. And by the time of Augustine, it had become the dominant view of the church. It is still the dominant view of the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church, and many Protestants. And it was the view of the reformers, including Calvin and Luther."

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-amillennialism.html

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355909
09/14/21 09:57 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Rapture-a feeling of intense pleasure and joy.
I'm in.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7355910
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
I don't know, I also think Danny is correct about The Revelation being the most debated. Many just don't get it IMO.

Revelation makes absolute complete sense to me. Folks that can't grasp Revelation don't understand the Old Testament and are tortured with trying to interpret it in regards to Jesus' teachings. They forget however, that Jesus was a Jew and read from the the Torah (Septuagint).

My entire thoughts on the matter can be narrowed down to one statement mentioned in the Bible. "The Just Shall Live by Faith." Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: James] #7355921
09/14/21 10:07 PM
09/14/21 10:07 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Originally Posted by James

I do believe the human race could become extinct at any time, due to our own stupidity or a large-scale natural disaster, like a huge volcano, an asteroid strike, or a nearby star that goes nova. I suppose we might call it the End Times.

Jim

Bahahaha Bahahaha Bahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: grisseldog] #7355931
09/14/21 10:12 PM
09/14/21 10:12 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by grisseldog
Originally Posted by James

Jim

Bahahaha Bahahaha Bahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another Christian weighing in?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: PAskinner] #7355960
09/14/21 10:34 PM
09/14/21 10:34 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by PAskinner
To further clarify (where did the other thread go?) not believing in the rapture doesn't mean one doesn't believe in Jesus' return or the final judgment.

"What is Amillennialism?
Amillennialism is actually misnamed. The ‘a’ at the beginning means ‘no’, indicating the proponents of this position believe there will be no millennial reign. But that is not accurate. A better title would be something like ‘realized millennialism’, indicating that we are currently in the millennium.

Amillennialism is not new. Many throughout the history of the church have held it. And by the time of Augustine, it had become the dominant view of the church. It is still the dominant view of the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church, and many Protestants. And it was the view of the reformers, including Calvin and Luther."

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-amillennialism.html

Interesting. I believe in parts of that but other parts don't seem to make much sense. I also find it interesting at the beginning of the article is says they do not find Revelation 20 to be symbolic, but then at the end say they DO find the millennium to be symbolic, lol. I guess those that continued to believe this theory had to amend it during the 1100s after the 1000 years was up.

And the other thread is still up.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: K91773] #7355965
09/14/21 10:38 PM
09/14/21 10:38 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by K91773
In regards to your post, Clarence Larkin has some really good writings about end time prophecies, it is not light reading and you have to really follow closely but it is good. I believe based on my studies of the scripture that the rapture will occur immediately prior to the tribulation period, this is the first phase of Christ's return but he doesn't set foot on the earth at this time, the saints are called to meet him in the air, then at the end of the tribulation you will have the second phase of Christ's return where he actually sets foot on the earth, and defeats the forces of Satan and the anti-christ and then sets up his earthly kingdom for the millennial reign. At the end of the millennial reign the resurrection of the lost occurs and then the Great White Throne Judgement. It is important to understand the dispensations of the bible to understand how everything fits together, this is where a lot of confusion occurs. Also before studying Revelation, it is important to thoroughly study Daniel and Ezekiel as they set the stage for Revelation.

Obviously this is a greatly condensed post but hopefully it is helpful.

Good post, thanks for sharing! Most of this seems closest to what I believe. I still have a lot of research to do though. I'll check out the author you mentioned.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: K91773] #7356006
09/14/21 11:23 PM
09/14/21 11:23 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Didn't the apostles go through great tribulation when they were martered .and haven't we been in the last times since Jesus defeted death on the cross.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Giant Sage] #7356011
09/14/21 11:41 PM
09/14/21 11:41 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Didn't the apostles go through great tribulation when they were martered .and haven't we been in the last times since Jesus defeted death on the cross.

Yes. My pastor just finished up preaching through Revelation last Sunday. It took six months and he still skimmed over it. I agree with him when says things are moving fast. Very fast.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Posco] #7356018
09/14/21 11:45 PM
09/14/21 11:45 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by Giant Sage

Yes. My pastor just finished up preaching through Revelation last Sunday. It took six months and he still skimmed over it. I agree with him when says things are moving fast. Very fast.

So y'all are saying you think THIS is Tribulation NOW?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread