No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356020
09/14/21 11:50 PM
09/14/21 11:50 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Posco

Yes. My pastor just finished up preaching through Revelation last Sunday. It took six months and he still skimmed over it. I agree with him when says things are moving fast. Very fast.

So y'all are saying you think THIS is Tribulation NOW?

My pastor didn't explicitly say that but he seemed to suggest it. I'm not sure but things are moving very fast.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356027
09/15/21 12:06 AM
09/15/21 12:06 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Seems some signs have not yet happened for that to be the case. What about peace in Israel, as mentioned in both Daniel and Ezekiel? I thought that was a prerequisite of the start of the Tribulation?

Barring that though I could see where an argument could be made that we're somewhere around the 3rd Seal Judgment.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 09/15/21 12:07 AM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356066
09/15/21 05:28 AM
09/15/21 05:28 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
People have been saying look here look there for at least a thousand years saying its the prophesized end times.

Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev. In the eighties preachers were saying he was the anti christ and his birth mark was the sign.

[Linked Image]

Including David Wilkerson. The teen challenge guy

Seems like I remember people saying Obama might be or is the anti christ also.

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/15/21 05:30 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356083
09/15/21 06:18 AM
09/15/21 06:18 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Seems some signs have not yet happened for that to be the case. What about peace in Israel, as mentioned in both Daniel and Ezekiel? I thought that was a prerequisite of the start of the Tribulation?

Barring that though I could see where an argument could be made that we're somewhere around the 3rd Seal Judgment.

I expect we are just seeing shadows of things yet to come. The tribulation will be 1000 times worse. If in my reading I have the timeline right, I believe the church will be gone before the tribulation. Of course I haven't spent much time in study of end time prophecy.

James 1: 19-20
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356091
09/15/21 06:43 AM
09/15/21 06:43 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

One nice thing about the End Times discussion is that most often, unless someone brings a core doctrine into play, it doesn't push up against anything resembling false teachings, like Paul chastised the Galatians and the Corinthians over.

This is considered just good Bible study regarding what God intends to do and when God intends to do it to usher in the New Heaven and Earth.
I figure if God can gather the ashes of my grandpa (a believer), which were scattered as I recall into a swift moving river, and resurrect and embody them upon this New Earth to come, well then it outta be a sight to behold!

I just hope I'm not still bottling lure and I look and....... Donna is raptured.
That'd be bad.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: ] #7356138
09/15/21 08:24 AM
09/15/21 08:24 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Mark June

I just hope I'm not still bottling lure and I look and....... Donna is raptured.
That'd be bad.

Blessings,
Mark

But if I understand right, and that were to happen, you'd still have a second chance, no?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356141
09/15/21 08:32 AM
09/15/21 08:32 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Mark June

That'd be bad.

Blessings,
Mark

But if I understand right, and that were to happen, you'd still have a second chance, no?

Pinch hitter. Yes, but it would require martyrdom.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Posco] #7356145
09/15/21 08:41 AM
09/15/21 08:41 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Posco

Pinch hitter. Yes, but it would require martyrdom.

You don't think any of the 1/4 of the population who make it through the Tribulation period will be Christians?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: danny clifton] #7356147
09/15/21 08:43 AM
09/15/21 08:43 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton
People have been saying look here look there for at least a thousand years saying its the prophesized end times.

Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev. In the eighties preachers were saying he was the anti christ and his birth mark was the sign.

[Linked Image]

Luke 17: 22 Then he said to his disciples, “The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. 23 People will tell you, ‘There he is!’ or ‘Here he is!’ Do not go running off after them. 24 For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: James] #7356211
09/15/21 10:15 AM
09/15/21 10:15 AM
Flint Hills, KS
J
jht Offline
trapper
jht  Offline
trapper
J

Flint Hills, KS
Originally Posted by Chancey
I don't know, I also think Danny is correct about The Revelation being the most debated. Many just don't get it IMO.

Revelation makes absolute complete sense to me. Folks that can't grasp Revelation don't understand the Old Testament and are tortured with trying to interpret it in regards to Jesus' teachings. They forget however, that Jesus was a Jew and read from the the Torah (Septuagint).

My entire thoughts on the matter can be narrowed down to one statement mentioned in the Bible. "The Just Shall Live by Faith." Chancey

I agree with this. Understanding the Hebrew Bible and how prophetic literature works and what its intentions are would shed some light on The Revelation. In my attempts to do this (and I understand that my knowledge is limited), I have become convinced that much of the debate about prophecy in general is due to a misappropriation of its intended purpose. I am not convinced that The Revelation was written to tell you the secret details of future events. I think that biblical prophecy is mostly intended to be truth-telling rather than fortune-telling. The archetypal prophet in the Bible is Moses, and he doesn't act like Nostradamus. What does that tell us about the role of prophets and prophecies? Plenty of the literary prophets in the Bible also use "end times" language to describe wars/plagues/famines etc. I think, for the most part, these prophetic books are using archetypal, symbolic, cosmic language to describe the meaning of current events and to look forward with hope, knowing that God will deal with injustice in the world and restore His Kingdom. For the old testament authors the subject matter was the oppression of the Israelites by Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and others. For John and the emerging church, the context is persecution of Christians by Rome, and his revelation addresses that persecution, describes what Jesus's victory looks like over that, and looks forward to the day when God will deal with the injustice of the entire world and reestablish His Kingdom. I don't think it's about predicting specific events or time tables. I think we should look at it and then look at the world around us to see who the Romes and Babylons of our time are and understand that Jesus is victorious over them and try to understand our role in that story.

With that in mind, I also think James may be fairly close to the mark here:

Originally Posted by James
No, I don't believe in the Rapture or Tribulation.

I do believe the human race could become extinct at any time, due to our own stupidity or a large-scale natural disaster, like a huge volcano, an asteroid strike, or a nearby star that goes nova. I suppose we might call it the End Times.

Jim

When there was a drought, a famine, and a plague of locusts in Israel, Joel used "end times" language to talk about it. When the King of Israel reneged on a treaty with the King of Babylon and Babylon destroyed Jerusalem, the prophets don't focus on bad politics. They use apocalyptic, symbolic language to attempt to describe the cosmic/religious meaning of the events. The same with John's Revelation. If we were prophetic poets, we might try to describe the current situation in Afghanistan (or even in America) with similar language. We'd decry the terrible injustices that we see, we'd look forward to when and how God will rescue the oppressed and serve justice where it is needed, and we'd hope for the day when the whole world will be rescued and freed from all injustice in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356232
09/15/21 10:53 AM
09/15/21 10:53 AM
Northeast Georgia
D
Doug B. Offline
trapper
Doug B.  Offline
trapper
D

Northeast Georgia
The book of The Revelation was written in apocalyptic form because of persecution the church was going through. It seems everyone wants to make the book of The Revelation be all about future prophecy. Most of what was written there has already happened. Because it is symbolic for the most part it's easy to try to make it say something that it is not. It is in harmony with the other books of the New Testament.

With that being said, I believe we are in the tribulation now. The word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible. There is a reason for that. When Christ returns that is it. There is only one second coming. He has already been here one time. The next time is for the church. Then will be the judgement. There can't be anymore second comings. He will not set up kingdom on this earth. The dead in Christ will rise first, then all that remains will meet Him in the air. That is the end of this earth.

The Battle of Armageddon is also not directly mentioned in the Bible. The battle between good and evil is though. And it has already been fought and God won. He then cast Lucifer into the hot place. Satan has been loosed for a season just like was prophesied in the Bible.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356251
09/15/21 11:19 AM
09/15/21 11:19 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

There are VERY strong biblical arguments from theologians over a very long time as to the End Times.
Are they coming?
Are we in them?

Regardless of anyone's argument, if the Seed of the Woman in Genesis 3:15 isn't the One who emerges from your theology, you missed it and you're following false teachers.
As Peter warns new believers will/would happen in his 2nd epistle to them.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Doug B.] #7356256
09/15/21 11:21 AM
09/15/21 11:21 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
Originally Posted by Doug B.
The book of The Revelation was written in apocalyptic form because of persecution the church was going through. It seems everyone wants to make the book of The Revelation be all about future prophecy. Most of what was written there has already happened. Because it is symbolic for the most part it's easy to try to make it say something that it is not. It is in harmony with the other books of the New Testament.

With that being said, I believe we are in the tribulation now. The word "rapture" isn't even in the Bible. There is a reason for that. When Christ returns that is it. There is only one second coming. He has already been here one time. The next time is for the church. Then will be the judgement. There can't be anymore second comings. He will not set up kingdom on this earth. The dead in Christ will rise first, then all that remains will meet Him in the air. That is the end of this earth.

The Battle of Armageddon is also not directly mentioned in the Bible. The battle between good and evil is though. And it has already been fought and God won. He then cast Lucifer into the hot place. Satan has been loosed for a season just like was prophesied in the Bible.

When do you think the tribulation started? You should be able to pick the exact date of Christs return if you know that , seeing it is a 7 year perod. As far as the rapture not being in the Bible, that is not entirely correct. It is in the latin text I believe. It means to be 'caught up". This found in 1 thess 4:17. So the concept is there.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: Doug B.] #7356264
09/15/21 11:26 AM
09/15/21 11:26 AM
Nebraska
silkyplainscoyot Offline
trapper
silkyplainscoyot  Offline
trapper

Nebraska

Armageddon is directly mentioned in the Bible but only once. Rev. 16:16.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: .204] #7356311
09/15/21 12:47 PM
09/15/21 12:47 PM
Northeast Georgia
D
Doug B. Offline
trapper
Doug B.  Offline
trapper
D

Northeast Georgia
Originally Posted by jwill

When do you think the tribulation started? You should be able to pick the exact date of Christs return if you know that , seeing it is a 7 year perod. As far as the rapture not being in the Bible, that is not entirely correct. It is in the latin text I believe. It means to be 'caught up". This found in 1 thess 4:17. So the concept is there.

The word "rapture" is not in the Bible. But to be caught up is exactly right. And we will meet Christ in the air at the second coming.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: silkyplainscoyot] #7356313
09/15/21 12:49 PM
09/15/21 12:49 PM
Northeast Georgia
D
Doug B. Offline
trapper
Doug B.  Offline
trapper
D

Northeast Georgia
Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot

Armageddon is directly mentioned in the Bible but only once. Rev. 16:16.

Armageddon is directly mentioned in Rev. 16:16, you are correct. But there is no battle mentioned there.

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: James] #7356315
09/15/21 12:52 PM
09/15/21 12:52 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Originally Posted by James
No, I don't believe in the Rapture or Tribulation.

I do believe the human race could become extinct at any time, due to our own stupidity or a large-scale natural disaster, like a huge volcano, an asteroid strike, or a nearby star that goes nova. I suppose we might call it the End Times.

Jim

The cool thing is it doesn’t matter what you “believe” it’s all going to play out the way God wants it to. grin

Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: yotetrapper30] #7356404
09/15/21 03:47 PM
09/15/21 03:47 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Neil Young wrote a song about it-"after the gold rush".

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The Tribulation and Rapture [Re: danny clifton] #7356416
09/15/21 04:00 PM
09/15/21 04:00 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton

[Linked Image]

There have been quite a few saying this one, or that one was the antichrist.
The more notable one in my time was probably Hitler. Many people and some Christians were positive he was the antichrist.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread