No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356437
09/15/21 04:27 PM
09/15/21 04:27 PM
UP Michigan
Yooper1978 Offline
trapper
Yooper1978  Offline
trapper

UP Michigan
Interesting.
Do any of you have a brother or sister?
Are they an addict?
I can’t expect any of you that don’t have a brother, sister, mom, dad, etc, etc that is an addict to understand how they will feel. Yeah, I used to have some of the same thoughts as some of you until it hit home. I sure am glad each of you that believe these people are worthless, better of dead etc haven’t had to go through having a family member become an addict. I normally scroll past this stuff but I just couldn’t help myself this time. This one struck a nerve with me. I can only dream of the perfect lives you perfect people have. No wait, I do have a great life! I have seen struggles, had struggles but I will continue to move forward. I will never dream to have the ignorance and arrogance I’ve read in this thread.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: Boco] #7356457
09/15/21 04:51 PM
09/15/21 04:51 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
Leave them alone,they dont seem to be bothering anyone.
One solution would be to cut them off welfare if they cant pass a dope test.

Ya they get welfare disability , I was told more likely get ss disability because had overdose or addiction an not right nomore , better chance getting it for that reason then a physical disability such as health problems , I have heard of that area in Philly before , never get philly or lot places , for sure some bad places like that in country, out east like Baltimore or Camden, someone tell me drive there in places u can't in daytime as bad ghettos for miles an terrifying,he won't drive there, the drug dealers or black ones in vid on picnic table would kill u or anyone mess with them be shot by them , cut off there welfare , some would learn how rob an steal more

Last edited by coonman220; 09/15/21 04:55 PM.
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356467
09/15/21 05:00 PM
09/15/21 05:00 PM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
There is a no war on drugs and you know that Danny. Where it's legal the city's have gone to heck.

Compulsive Coyote Washer
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356531
09/15/21 06:28 PM
09/15/21 06:28 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
My youngest daughter has been doing federal time for 7 1/2 years. Supposed to be released to come home with an ankle bracelet next month. Her and her boyfriend are both meth addicts. They had a multi state business venture. As their addiction worsened they started making some really dumb moves. She has been sober since her arrest so far as I can tell. I told her no chances. No dope or I will turn her in. I am hoping she does not return to her old life.

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/15/21 06:29 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356538
09/15/21 06:35 PM
09/15/21 06:35 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Danny you will do the right thing for her right there. She knows. No breaks. No dope. You are welcome home. Those are the rules.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356539
09/15/21 06:37 PM
09/15/21 06:37 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
For the bleeding hearts. You do no good for an addict making excuses for them. When you do you are considered an enabler. Counseling 101. No sense bring down a whole family for one individual

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356543
09/15/21 06:43 PM
09/15/21 06:43 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Addict has to want to help themselves. I think many just give up on that idea.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356547
09/15/21 06:53 PM
09/15/21 06:53 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Believe it or not they are releasing her and other non violent offenders early because of the zombie virus.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: coonman220] #7356551
09/15/21 06:58 PM
09/15/21 06:58 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by coonman220
Originally Posted by Boco
Leave them alone,they dont seem to be bothering anyone.
One solution would be to cut them off welfare if they cant pass a dope test.

Ya they get welfare disability , I was told more likely get ss disability because had overdose or addiction an not right nomore , better chance getting it for that reason then a physical disability such as health problems , I have heard of that area in Philly before , never get philly or lot places , for sure some bad places like that in country, out east like Baltimore or Camden, someone tell me drive there in places u can't in daytime as bad ghettos for miles an terrifying,he won't drive there, the drug dealers or black ones in vid on picnic table would kill u or anyone mess with them be shot by them , cut off there welfare , some would learn how rob an steal more

I think I actually, kind of, agree with Coonman. Cut off the disability welfare!

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: Yooper1978] #7356593
09/15/21 08:16 PM
09/15/21 08:16 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Yooper1978
Interesting.
Are they an addict?
I can’t expect any of you that don’t have a brother, sister, mom, dad, etc, etc that is an addict to understand how they will feel. Yeah, I used to have some of the same thoughts as some of you until it hit home. I sure am glad each of you that believe these people are worthless, better of dead etc haven’t had to go through having a family member become an addict. I normally scroll past this stuff but I just couldn’t help myself this time. This one struck a nerve with me. I can only dream of the perfect lives you perfect people have. No wait, I do have a great life! I have seen struggles, had struggles but I will continue to move forward. I will never dream to have the ignorance and arrogance I’ve read in this thread.

Yes, a brother in law. He was 8 when I started dating my wife when I was 16. I taught him to shoot, hunt, & trap a little through the years. He got bad after getting back from Afghanistan so bad I wrote him off and he wasn't allowed around me or mine at all. Even when his parents moved into my house he was not to visit.

He has been straight 4 or 5 years now. But it took being clean over two years before I would even consider giving him another shot.

I have been both the proudest and most disappointed in him as anyone I have had those feelings about in my life. He came back with 41 kills one confirmed one at 1200 yards. And I taught him to shoot started off with him head shoot squirrels with a .22. Then he went the other way with drugs. The lying, stealing, everything that goes with it. Now thank God he is living a good life. Married working lots of overtime and I'm back to proud.

Yes, at one time I turned my back on him. I won't have that drama around me or my family. If he would have died so be it. Got lucky with him getting straight he is more an exception more than the rule.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356605
09/15/21 08:39 PM
09/15/21 08:39 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Until an addict addresses the issues that led them to knowingly and willingly put that fisrt hit into there bodies i don't believe they can over come. I hate to think of the personal demons one would have to have to nake that choice. I understand sometimes a person can get addicted to prescription drugs but you are under a drs care and have access to help.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356633
09/15/21 09:11 PM
09/15/21 09:11 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Looks like the Zombie movie Walking Dead is true.Makes me sick.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: Yooper1978] #7356668
09/15/21 09:42 PM
09/15/21 09:42 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Interesting.
Are they an addict?

I grew up with a methhead stepfather. Watched him best the tar out of my mother (who had her own non-drug related mental health issues) on a nightly basis, watched him OD on the bathroom floor more than once, listened to him fight cops and firefighters in the living room while I hid under my bed. My mother let him back after every single one of these episodes, only for the cycle to repeat within a day or two. He spent a couple years in prison for false imprisonment when I was little, for grabbing my half sister and running all over town while the cops hunted him down. At one time he owned a sew and vac store, but sold it for meth money. Eventually he moved out to the streets, where he was in and out of prison, until he finally got picked up for manufacturing meth. He went to federal prison for seven years, and as soon as he got out, he got sent to a halfway house, where he got killed in a fight that he started over someone's loud radio. Good riddance. He never wanted to change. He was obviously sober while in prison, but made the conscious choice to return to his old ways as soon as he got out every time.

Last edited by loosegoose; 09/15/21 09:44 PM.
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356686
09/15/21 10:02 PM
09/15/21 10:02 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by danny clifton
No solution here Mark. Seems like we do like the Philipene and start killing people or find a spot to deport them if they refuse rehab. Give all the dope they want at taxpayers expense till they are dead .

I would very much like to know what others think should be done

So you do believe in punishment for those that don't repent.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356690
09/15/21 10:06 PM
09/15/21 10:06 PM
Ohio
S
stinkypete Offline
trapper
stinkypete  Offline
trapper
S

Ohio
Before working in addiction I worked in probation. Non violent offenders. All battled addiction. I dealt with a lot of frequent fliers. In and out of the jail system. Drugs and alcohol violations. All had one thing in common. It was someone else’s fault why they where back. I became friends with one individual. Over the years it was a constant battle for him. 9 DWIs at last count. 10 years ago he was a millwright Had a stroke out in ND on the job. Refused treatment. Boss drove him back to MN. Now he sits at home drinks and smokes dope all day long. Drives. Cant understand anything he says due to stroke. The guy has so much talent. But he chose his life. Most of us will never understand why an addict does what they do. When I moved to Ohio. I worked in addiction. The biggest take away for me was this. An addict is trying to escape from there feelings. Instead of getting help thru counseling. They try to numb themselves. They can’t or don’t want to have to deal with there emotions. IMO this is a great thread. Lots of experience on this site for other readers to learn from. Every addict is a son or daughter. Mother or father. Is and will always be loved by there family. But there are rules. You do an addict no good by enabling. That is the simple truth. Loose goose. Thanks for sharing. I know you lived thru a living H..L as a kid. No kid should go thru that.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356800
09/16/21 05:21 AM
09/16/21 05:21 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
J Staton , do you think we should just ignore them and leave them out on the street? ( nowhere did i say torture them BTW)

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356820
09/16/21 06:27 AM
09/16/21 06:27 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
J Staton , do you think we should just ignore them and leave them out on the street? ( nowhere did i say torture them BTW)

No we should try to help where we can but I think we both know it's really up to the addict to make that choice. Here's hoping your daughter has made that choice to be sober.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356830
09/16/21 06:43 AM
09/16/21 06:43 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What does help where we can mean if not leave them on the street?

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: danny clifton] #7356832
09/16/21 06:48 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
What does help where we can mean if not leave them on the street?

Aren't you going to let your daughter come stay with you on the condition of no dope? That's helping where you can.

Re: Forced rehab through incarceration? [Re: Yooper1978] #7356833
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Interesting.
Are they an addict?

Please... You're not a pioneer at facing addiction . We've all seen it .

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread