No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Boco] #7356945
09/16/21 09:54 AM
09/16/21 09:54 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by Boco
He was called that in mockery by the Jews that had him killed.

In the account of the nativity of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew, the Biblical Magi who come from the east call Jesus the " King of the Jews ", causing Herod the Great to order the Massacre of the Innocents.

Then is the account of the crucifixion JOHN 19:19-22 19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20 Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. 21 Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, “I am the King of the Jews.”

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7356956
09/16/21 10:10 AM
09/16/21 10:10 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Most "Christian" cults profess the bible as the Word of God. The trouble is, they also believe that God has given them additional light. Good examples would be Watchtower Society, Mormons, Unification Church, Christian Science, etc.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7356962
09/16/21 10:17 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Baptist aren’t going to enjoy Heaven ‘cause there’s no bitchin’ and complaining about others there. LOL!

As a member of a Baptist church I would have to disagree. Now if there are no potlucks in Heaven you'll probably hear some grumbling.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7356963
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Originally Posted by Tailhunter
Any sect that does not consider Jesus the son of God and the only way to salvation and heaven is a falsehood.

So your saying all of Israel and Orthodox Jews are falsehoods ?

No they are just ashamed they voted to crucify Jesus

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: warrior] #7356964
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by warrior
I know quite a few JW and LDS, good people all. Misguided but good. No crime in believing falsehoods. Sad, actually.
That's one of the reasons I choose to stay with the denomination of my raising, Southern Baptist, as one of our core tenets is the priesthood of the believer where each believer is expected to know and understand scripture under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. In plain English, read it for yourself and study it. I've even done comparative reading of both JW and LDS texts. I would recommend every Christian to do so as well.

The Watchtower Society has re-written and come up with their own version of the bible called the New World Translation. The changes were made in the areas that didn't fit their teachings.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7356973
09/16/21 10:25 AM
09/16/21 10:25 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Whoa, I didn't mean my post to be a defense of Baptist belief or to start a bashing. I'll be the very first to say there has and is much scriptural error to be found within my choice of denomination. I'll also clearly state the my first allegiance and only allegiance that truly matters is to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The rest is just splitting hairs

Truth be told I'm one of those crusty baptists that looks to the pulpit, association, state and national conventions with an accounting eye. I was raised on the doctrine of congregational autonomy and voluntary association. But I'm also of the firm belief that one must grow where one is planted and my last orders from God above was to grow in First Baptist Church of Sunny Side Georgia.

[Linked Image]
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: J Staton] #7356974
09/16/21 10:27 AM
09/16/21 10:27 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by J Staton
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Baptist aren’t going to enjoy Heaven ‘cause there’s no bitchin’ and complaining about others there. LOL!

As a member of a Baptist church I would have to disagree. Now if there are no potlucks in Heaven you'll probably hear some grumbling.

I think dinner on the grounds and potluck is mentioned in our faith and message statement. LOL

I'm lobbying to add all day singings.

[Linked Image]
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Trapper7] #7356977
09/16/21 10:34 AM
09/16/21 10:34 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Trapper7

The Watchtower Society has re-written and come up with their own version of the bible called the New World Translation. The changes were made in the areas that didn't fit their teachings.

Yup, before the local JWs gave up on me I used to give them fits on my front porch handing them my Bible and asking to do a verse by verse comparison. I think the straw that broke the camels back was my calling out their blasphemy when they countered that Jesus was just a son of God not THE Son of God. I politely asked them to please refrain from blaspheming in my presence.

[Linked Image]
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7356994
09/16/21 10:59 AM
09/16/21 10:59 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I was kind of hoping Mark June would address usury. frown

Who is John Galt?
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357023
09/16/21 11:45 AM
09/16/21 11:45 AM
Midland, Michigan
Rusty Axe Camp Offline
trapper
Rusty Axe Camp  Offline
trapper

Midland, Michigan
My grandma used to say, "Every crow thinks his is the blackest." : grin

I enjoy a good discussion on things like this. It's when people either try to full on convert people who haven't asked or flat out say someone else is wrong that makes me step away.

Had a great night a few weeks ago discussing beliefs with a good friend who is Hindu. Typically our group of friends avoids topics like politics, religion and money. This time a conversation on history and some current events in the middle east turned into one on religion. Got some questions answered I have been wondering on for a long time. As the cocktails started to work, however, he started explaining why Christianity was incorrect and a mockery of a belief system. That's when I walked away from that discussion. Next day we are both good friends and no one wasted breath on arguing.

We will all find out one day who was right.

Erik Johnson
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357044
09/16/21 12:25 PM
09/16/21 12:25 PM
NC
Buzzard Offline OP
trapper
Buzzard  Offline OP
trapper

NC
Interesting read and informational...never though playing the devil's

advocate would go far. I am reminded of a quote from

Peter Hathaway Chapstick in his first book,

" Never argue about politics, religion, and red headed women",

I find the quote very fitting smile

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357060
09/16/21 01:03 PM
09/16/21 01:03 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Now I know who invented the lip balm, his lips must have got chapped during his hunting trips. LOL.

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: warrior] #7357092
09/16/21 02:22 PM
09/16/21 02:22 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by warrior
Whoa, I didn't mean my post to be a defense of Baptist belief or to start a bashing. I'll be the very first to say there has and is much scriptural error to be found within my choice of denomination. I'll also clearly state the my first allegiance and only allegiance that truly matters is to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The rest is just splitting hairs

Truth be told I'm one of those crusty baptists that looks to the pulpit, association, state and national conventions with an accounting eye. I was raised on the doctrine of congregational autonomy and voluntary association. But I'm also of the firm belief that one must grow where one is planted and my last orders from God above was to grow in First Baptist Church of Sunny Side Georgia.

I agree with you. The only differences are doctrinal. Jesus said, "This is my body. This is my blood" when He broke bread and drank wine. Some churches say He was speaking literally. Others say he was speaking figuratively. There are other differences too. But, most of these same churches still believe Jesus was God in the flesh, believe in the Trinity, and if Jesus wasn't God, then the atonement never happened.

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Dirt] #7357102
09/16/21 02:33 PM
09/16/21 02:33 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Dirt

These guys got faith.

I noticed many of these snake handlers have a slight weight problem.

"1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV / 172 helpful votes
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357128
09/16/21 03:20 PM
09/16/21 03:20 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Peter, conscious that his impending martyrdom is immanent, (Peter was killed before Paul ) writes around 65AD what is called the 2nd letter to the believers and it might as well have been written here at the beginning of the third millennium where the pagan cultures of our times and the condition of the church very much resemble what Peter saw happening 30 years after Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father in 33AD. The world is assaulting the church and false teachers are attempting to infiltrate.

2 Peter is rarely taught and preached but is sorely needed among Christian churches.

A bit of relevant scripture; 2 Peter 3:1-17;
This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminde
that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles.
Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.”
For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.
Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness,

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357146
09/16/21 03:54 PM
09/16/21 03:54 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
[Linked Image]
If you go by the BITE model which is one of the best accepted models for determining whether an organization is a cult or not there are many "religious organizations" that check many of the right boxes to be a cult including but definitely not limited to the Jw, Mormons, catholics, church of christ, scientology, and too many more to list.

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357160
09/16/21 04:36 PM
09/16/21 04:36 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Davisfur,
Please excuse followers of the Lord Jesus Christ from this psychological humanism being a "go to" source.
We use the Inerrant, Inspired Bible as our primary Truth with secondary input from the sciences.
Historical theological doctrine is well established and grounded firmly and eternally in the Word of God.
Science changes with the times.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357165
09/16/21 04:43 PM
09/16/21 04:43 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I can't believe the Branch Markvidians were not on the list. crazy

Who is John Galt?
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Dirt] #7357171
09/16/21 04:57 PM
09/16/21 04:57 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Dirt
I can't believe the Branch Markvidians were not on the list. crazy

Lol, That's pretty good grin

Member - FTA
Re: Afternoon Jesus Freaks [Re: Buzzard] #7357172
09/16/21 04:59 PM
09/16/21 04:59 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Have I stepped outside Holy Scripture shaman Dirt?
Let me back up.
God of the Bible Scripture.
Wanted to be concise for your judge and jury.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread