No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: Dirt] #7359159
09/19/21 09:19 AM
09/19/21 09:19 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by Dirt
Are tax cheats parasites? Because a person does not want to feed parasites, I'm not sure they are parasites.

One parasite might be calling another a tax cheat. Some folks feel a moral obligation to not support illegitamate government.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7359168
09/19/21 09:31 AM
09/19/21 09:31 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
I don’t consider anyone that keeps money from someone who doesn’t know how to spend it wisely a parasite. I wish more Americans would do it.

People who take their hand off the wagon without climbing on the wagon should be praised not demonized as well.

Are you going to praise the crack dealer who doesn't report and pay taxes on his profits?

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359172
09/19/21 09:39 AM
09/19/21 09:39 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Some people work hard their whole life to enjoy retirement, the military 20 year deal has always been a option for some for giving up control of their lives I have no issues with that.

Then some work to get to get on assistance or win the welfare lottery and get on disability and never needing to work again.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359178
09/19/21 09:44 AM
09/19/21 09:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
What I like best about tax court is the burden of proof is on the taxpayer. Whole system needs scrapped.

Our military's goal should be to prevent, and failing that, stop invasion. Armed citizens cost government nothing. Our military could easily be cut 75%.

Welfare should end. Charity should be voluntary

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: Law Dog] #7359180
09/19/21 09:47 AM
09/19/21 09:47 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Some people work hard their whole life to enjoy retirement, the military 20 year deal has always been a option for some for giving up control of their lives I have no issues with that.

Then some work to get to get on assistance or win the welfare lottery and get on disability and never needing to work again.

I don't have a problem either. I do think a fair discussion would be had though on whether the 20 years should be increased because of longer life expectancies. The same discussion would also be fair on other 20 year service requirements. 38 years old today isn't the same as it used to be.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: Blaine County] #7359205
09/19/21 10:26 AM
09/19/21 10:26 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by Spade

Have you ever served in the military? Have you served in a combat zone? Do you know what it takes to get a disability from the VA?. If not you should look into it. It is not given just because someone, says "hey, I'm gonna be a good guy today, and give out disability awards".

Heck, even guys that lost both legs, lifts weights, and can make most weight lifters look like sissies. You don't know about that guy, he could have suffered a TBI, and if it wasn't for his working out, he could be going postal on lawyers.

He served in a non-combat role in a non-combat era for the Navy. I am pretty sure he was a machinist mate. I know him really well. Other than taking money for a disability he doesn't have, I like him a lot.

I know a few others too. I haven't studied this and my opinion is based on anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be an issue.

I am not too concerned about it. I am way more concerned about the way more prevalent forms of disability fraud.

So do you know what his disability is? The military considers my husband disabled but he can and DID work all his life until retirement despite that. The reason he is considered disabled is because the military caused him to lose his hearing. I guess they feel loss of hearing is a disability worth being compensated for. My husband of course was able to work, but there were also jobs he could have otherwise done but was unable to because of his hearing. Remember that not all disabilities are visible.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359208
09/19/21 10:35 AM
09/19/21 10:35 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Opinions are a dime a dozen, but my opinion is that people who avoid paying taxes to the federal government are NOT parasites.

Originally Posted by Pike River
Are tax cheats parasites? Because a person does not want to feed parasites, I'm not sure they are parasites.

Do they benefit directly or even indirectly from the infrastructure and support they receive from the government?

I'm trying to think how I benefit in any way from Federal taxes. The only thing I can come up with is the rare occasions that I use an Interstate highway. And the military of course. The military is the one thing I don't mind my tax dollars going to though. If the federal gov't would be doing what they SHOULD be doing which is basically worrying about defense of our country and nothing else, I wouldn't mind paying taxes.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: NonPCfed] #7359212
09/19/21 10:41 AM
09/19/21 10:41 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I don't do a lick of work for money.
50 years of doing that was enough.
just

Then you're probably in the age cohort (16-64) of guys this article is talking about...

Duh
a simple math lesson.
1+1=2
50 years + 20 years = 70. I've been retired for 5 years = 75

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359215
09/19/21 10:48 AM
09/19/21 10:48 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
[quoteDuh
a simple math lesson.
1+1=2
50 years + 20 years = 70. I've been retired for 5 years = 75][/quote]

Good for you. Enjoy! I still don't know why you commented about a story that is about "working age" men 16 through 64, except to tell us you worked for 50 years. Congratulations!!.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359216
09/19/21 10:49 AM
09/19/21 10:49 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
That least the retired people are paying their taxes with earned money that we planned on unlike the never ending welfare system that spans generations.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7359218
09/19/21 10:53 AM
09/19/21 10:53 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

He served in a non-combat role in a non-combat era for the Navy. I am pretty sure he was a machinist mate. I know him really well. Other than taking money for a disability he doesn't have, I like him a lot.

I know a few others too. I haven't studied this and my opinion is based on anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be an issue.

I am not too concerned about it. I am way more concerned about the way more prevalent forms of disability fraud.

So do you know what his disability is? The military considers my husband disabled but he can and DID work all his life until retirement despite that. The reason he is considered disabled is because the military caused him to lose his hearing. I guess they feel loss of hearing is a disability worth being compensated for. My husband of course was able to work, but there were also jobs he could have otherwise done but was unable to because of his hearing. Remember that not all disabilities are visible.

Knees. He still plays in an adult soccer leauge, in addition to aspiring to look like the Incredible Hulk.

I am not saying all. I am saying some.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359222
09/19/21 10:57 AM
09/19/21 10:57 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Opinions are a dime a dozen, but my opinion is that people who avoid paying taxes to the federal government are NOT parasites.

I'm trying to think how I benefit in any way from Federal taxes. The only thing I can come up with is the rare occasions that I use an Interstate highway. And the military of course. The military is the one thing I don't mind my tax dollars going to though. If the federal gov't would be doing what they SHOULD be doing which is basically worrying about defense of our country and nothing else, I wouldn't mind paying taxes.

No offense but one big way you benefit are your husband's military disability payments. Those are funded by federal tax dollars.

I'll assume those go into your household income category.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: trapper les] #7359224
09/19/21 11:01 AM
09/19/21 11:01 AM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
Originally Posted by trapper les

One parasite might be calling another a tax cheat. Some folks feel a moral obligation to not support illegitamate government.

Everybody should pay thier fair share. The Taliban needs better weapons and illegal aliens need free health care.

Wasteful spending is the real problem.

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: Blaine County] #7359240
09/19/21 11:25 AM
09/19/21 11:25 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I don’t consider anyone that keeps money from someone who doesn’t know how to spend it wisely a parasite. I wish more Americans would do it.

People who take their hand off the wagon without climbing on the wagon should be praised not demonized as well.

Are you going to praise the crack dealer who doesn't report and pay taxes on his profits?

lol

You really are an idiot. Equating a criminal activity to someone working their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off legally.

The infrastructure that I use is paid for by the fees I have to pay to participate, or so I was told that.

As an example, tolls on toll roads are there to pay for the maintenance. That the government has put a booger on it isn’t the users issue.

-Goofy-
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7359243
09/19/21 11:33 AM
09/19/21 11:33 AM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
Originally Posted by trapper les

Everybody should pay thier fair share. The Taliban needs better weapons and illegal aliens need free health care.

Wasteful spending is the real problem.

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: Blaine County] #7359248
09/19/21 11:41 AM
09/19/21 11:41 AM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.

They have a high risk, short life span career. They are exempt. LOL.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: stinkypete] #7359250
09/19/21 11:43 AM
09/19/21 11:43 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by stinkypete
Biden is working on having every financial institution report every account to the IRS that has 600.00 or more. So everyone that is so worried you will be relieved

I read that, I can't see that pass an become law, that ridiculous an stupid an accomplish nothing, I hate binden, worse thing happen , was hope trump stay in office

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: danny clifton] #7359259
09/19/21 12:04 PM
09/19/21 12:04 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by danny clifton
What I like best about tax court is the burden of proof is on the taxpayer. Whole system needs scrapped.

Our military's goal should be to prevent, and failing that, stop invasion. Armed citizens cost government nothing. Our military could easily be cut 75%.

Welfare should end. Charity should be voluntary

"Just $102 billion of that $3.2 trillion will go to provide food and nutrition assistance money to the needy, and only $196 billion on other public assistance programs. Direct payments to help offset the cost of education, training and employment services will add up to only $77 billion.
Government robs Peter to pay ... Peter?"

Boom! Gone! Now the deficit is down to 600 billion. That don't address the problem. Military cut by 75 % Boom! Gone! Now the deficit is75 billion. In 2019. The federal deficit in 2020 was $3.1 trillion, Oops!

Who is John Galt?
Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7359260
09/19/21 12:07 PM
09/19/21 12:07 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

lol

You really are an idiot. Equating a criminal activity to someone working their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off legally.

The infrastructure that I use is paid for by the fees I have to pay to participate, or so I was told that.

As an example, tolls on toll roads are there to pay for the maintenance. That the government has put a booger on it isn’t the users issue.

A tax cheat and a crack dealing tax cheat are both criminals. In one instance, you may not approve of the off the books income. If the truck driving tax cheat is praised for breaking the law, why not praise the crack dealing tax cheat?

I'll do this step by step for you.

PS. I hate taxes.

Re: 1/3rd of American Men Don't Work. [Re: KeithC] #7359267
09/19/21 12:21 PM
09/19/21 12:21 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
" The Whiskey Rebellion
Famous Whiskey Insurrection in Pennsylvania. 1794. In: Devens, Our First Century. p. 161. Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.

It all started with a tax. What came to be known as the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794, or the Western Insurrection, took place over a period of time beginning in 1791 by most accounts. While some would say the roots go back much further, it was not until March 3, 1791 that Congress instituted an excise tax on distilled liquors that set the rebellion of 1794 in motion."

Washington's former best troops. No good deed goes unpunished. smile

Who is John Galt?
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread