No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7359956
09/20/21 11:45 AM
09/20/21 11:45 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I'd have to leave my cart because if someone isn't there to take cash, I'm SOL.

Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7359978
09/20/21 12:14 PM
09/20/21 12:14 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Funny....

I like them here. Almost never a problem with a bar code, and the machines take cash. Euro bills are all different sizes, so that might make things easier for the machine.

Here, you bag your own groceries no matter how you check out. No big deal. I prefer to bag my own stuff anyway.

I've never seen a line at the self checkout when there were open normal checkouts.

Bigger stuff to get worked up about.

Pete

Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7359987
09/20/21 12:19 PM
09/20/21 12:19 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I never saw one. My wife thinks the chain store (Weis) up town has them but we don't shop there.

Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7360175
09/20/21 03:58 PM
09/20/21 03:58 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Originally Posted by upstateNY
I agree with the Lady.Im retired after 40 years in the Steelworkesrs .I didn't retire to go bagging groceries for FREE.Self checkouts are a bunch of crap and I have left my cart with the stuff still in it and walked out more than once.If everyone would do that,,they would smarten up and open more registers..

. You leave your cart full of items in a huff about self check out no one really cares on the store level. We just take your cart and re stock the items.

That's one of the problems.Maybe you SHOULD care if or why the customers walk out the door upset.By your own admittance,,,YOU DONT CARE.And,,if you don't care,,then why are you griping about the customers.

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/20/21 04:01 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7360226
09/20/21 05:03 PM
09/20/21 05:03 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
That's one of the problems.Maybe you SHOULD care if or why the customers walk out the door upset.By your own admittance,,,YOU DONT CARE.And,,if you don't care,,then why are you griping about the customers

Yet again it doesn't work like that. Yeah mabye on a small business where everything is in house and talking to a manager could get something don't but for us that work in large corporation stores , it dosent. I could care all I want bleed my heart out but my manger can't get more check outs , her supervisor ,can't the store supervisor can only send something up to district, that person over five stores might read the email and they might be able to do something possibly then they still probably have to run it all the way up more and then if the big wigs say " hay self check outs have Been show to increase profits by yadda yadda yadda " they will just take random peons email about need more people check outs and chuck it because the charts say it's making them more money.
Also it's almost like the military ,you get hired for job a and your expected to do job a. I if your a sticker your not tried to be a cashier you don't have a login your not in that system and if you try to even if theirs a line of 50 people you can get written up or lose you job. I'm griping because the baby boomers who turn into temper tantrum throwing millennials the minute they don't get their most of the time refuse to understand this stuff. WE don't make these calls.
O and I know tons of people who went from all sorts of blue collar, hard labor ,welding ect work to retail and quit within a month strictly due to the this kinda stuff.

IF YOU WANT CHANGE CALL REGIONAL OR CORPORATE. Our hands are tied most times it's not the same as back in the gap sorry but that's just how it is. Making" a stand "at the store over corporate level decisions at the store level dosent do anything but but the employees in a bind and honestly it really makes us care less because after the tenth person throwing a fit about something we can't change on our level you get really numb. Like having the company boss scream at you for the with time for just doing what your foreman told you you better do. It just becomes what ever. If the employees are just rude and actually don't wanna help (not just "their not doing it the way the did back in my day" yeah throw a fit and get them fired but so much of the stuff I see with customers just isn't that.
And now I wait for the comments about my generation being lazy ,weak minded ect

Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7360236
09/20/21 05:27 PM
09/20/21 05:27 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I've worked retail (and foodservice) a LOT. I think most can't imagine just how impossibly rude some customers can be. It does get tiring. When I worked at Lowes, most of the associates who worked in my area would send our regular "difficult" customers to me. They said I had more patience than they did. I don't know about that! But I AM able to realize that I was at my JOB and so then do my best to mollify these absolutely ridiculous people, lol. Because again... that way my job.

I remember one little old lady... she was standing in line with a tomato plant, and a squash plant. I walked by, heading to the parking lot to help a customer load some soil into their car. She reached out and grabbed me and thrust a credit card into my hand. She said, "Here, you ring me up now." I explained I couldn't, that she would need to wait until the 2 people in front of her were rung up. She THREW her squash plant at my HEAD, dropped her tomato plant, and walked out. Haha. I felt bad though, because she left mad and didn't get her plants. But I don't know what I could have done differently.

But what always bothered me a lot more than seeing rude customers, was seeing rude employees and I boy did I ever see that. All day every day. No idea how they didn't get fired. The worst one eventually did, but only because he treated the store manager the way he treated customers one morning. The ironic thing is the person they hired to replace him was even more rude to customers. I don't miss working retail at ALL, but it's not because of the customers.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7360279
09/20/21 06:24 PM
09/20/21 06:24 PM
alaska
3 Fingers Offline
trapper
3 Fingers  Offline
trapper

alaska
If employees weren’t so busy restocking carts full of groceries that are left behind maybe they’d be free to open up another register. smile I stocked shelves for 3 years right outa high school . Big pain when people leave stuff all over the store. Worst is finding meat tucked in somewhere where it isn’t found for a while.

Re: Amish at self check out [Re: Wolfdog91] #7360298
09/20/21 06:40 PM
09/20/21 06:40 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
I don't care, if the stores don't care about happy customers....That makes two of us that don't care. My time is my time. I won't spend it trying to give my money to a big corporation. All I know is the two half gallons of ice cream along with 10# of poultry and sliced deli meat ought not sit too long after I walk away from that cart. I'll come back in a week or two and try again....Oh and the milk is getting warm too.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread