No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: ] #7360266
09/20/21 06:13 PM
09/20/21 06:13 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark June
When the father tells the child to do something because he loves the child....
and the child says "sure father, I'll do it as soon as you tell my why I should."
The father says, "If you do it because I explain it well enough that it makes sense to you....
that's called agreement. I'm your father and you are the child so obey and do what I say please. I'm 38 and you're 8. I know a lot more than you do." wink

Even God dignifies his creation by explaining things to us. He doesn't want robots. Look how he reasoned with Lot.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360276
09/20/21 06:22 PM
09/20/21 06:22 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Don’t let people destroy your view of the church. The building or denomination or cult is not the true church. The true church are the believers that christ is coming back for.

There will always be evil people. Don’t let them kill your vision of God.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Trapper7] #7360327
09/20/21 07:08 PM
09/20/21 07:08 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Boco
Cinderella was a democrat-didnt like to work-she deserved the beatings.

I was thinking quite the opposite. She was a republican forced to work because her democrat stepsisters didn't want to.
Are we talking about the same person? I always knew her as Drindacilla and her seven suggly usters.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: yotetrapper30] #7360338
09/20/21 07:22 PM
09/20/21 07:22 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
If humanity defines evil, then wouldn't that make it subjective?

Yep.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360515
09/20/21 10:23 PM
09/20/21 10:23 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Thats all to philosophical I guess for me. I do know that adults having sex with children injures the child permanently. That harm is well documented. You dont need philosophy or religion to see and understand that. What those preachers did was wrong. I am really surprised there is no outrage. I honestly thought brand of religion would not matter to most of you when children were being harmed. Especially by people put in their lives in a position of trust.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360520
09/20/21 10:28 PM
09/20/21 10:28 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Thats all to philosophical I guess for me. I do know that adults having sex with children injures the child permanently. That harm is well documented. You dont need philosophy or religion to see and understand that. What those preachers did was wrong. I am really surprised there is no outrage. I honestly thought brand of religion would not matter to most of you when children were being harmed. Especially by people put in their lives in a position of trust.

I agree whole heartily with you. I would be even mote outraged if it was a member within my own community. Call the cops amd CPS immediately. Clergy have no business getting involved in criminal allegations.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: ] #7360525
09/20/21 10:37 PM
09/20/21 10:37 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
If humanity defines evil, then wouldn't that make it subjective?

Yep.

Second the yep! If you don’t get your morals from God then anything goes. Some say they get them from their heart! Pretty sure Hitlers heart was leading him. Ask the Jews how that turned out! It’s a anything goes deal if it comes from human emotions.

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360531
09/20/21 10:41 PM
09/20/21 10:41 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
I don't know that I've seen anybody "circling the wagons" or trying to protect child molesters. The problem you have when you present something like this, is that you are specifically doing it to attack Christians. Period. You know that this is a small sample of people, who are arguably not even Christian, because they specifically go against the teachings of the Bible. You're not bringing this up to try and help the victims, you are just trying to justify your hatred of God and disdain for believers. Those people are obviously not Christians, no matter what they claim.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360533
09/20/21 10:42 PM
09/20/21 10:42 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton

Why in the world would you think anyone isn't outraged? Of course we're outraged. Outraged, sickened and saddened. To me it makes no difference if the evil being that did that is Christian, or Muslim, or Atheist, or Buddhist or whatever. He should be executed, or at the very least castrated and locked up for life. What REALLY outrages me is that people doing this kind of evil are locked up for a few years and then released again to do it to someone else.

I think all religions have people in them, from the top on down, that are NOT truly believers. There is no way a person could truly believe in God and do something so heinous. A person like that believes in only one thing... their self! There's not a person on earth or being in Heaven those people care about, only their own twisted pleasure.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Pawnee] #7360534
09/20/21 10:44 PM
09/20/21 10:44 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Pawnee

Yep.

Second the yep! If you don’t get your morals from God then anything goes. Some say they get them from their heart! Pretty sure Hitlers heart was leading him. Ask the Jews how that turned out! It’s a anything goes deal if it comes from human emotions.

And the Spanish Inquisition and Salem Witch Trials? How about the 100 years war or the IRA? Muslims worship the god of Abraham..... Have very similar guidance as Christians outside of dogma.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: BandB] #7360537
09/20/21 10:45 PM
09/20/21 10:45 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by BandB
I don't know that I've seen anybody "circling the wagons" or trying to protect child molesters. The problem you have when you present something like this, is that you are specifically doing it to attack Christians. Period. You know that this is a small sample of people, who are arguably not even Christian, because they specifically go against the teachings of the Bible. You're not bringing this up to try and help the victims, you are just trying to justify your hatred of God and disdain for believers. Those people are obviously not Christians, no matter what they claim.

I agree with this..... But there is a problem with religious organizations that claim to be Christians.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360558
09/20/21 10:56 PM
09/20/21 10:56 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Some here, including some Christians, are quite willing to judge Muslims by the actions of a few.

Why would anyone be surprised if Christians are also judged by the actions of a few members?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Pike River] #7360561
09/20/21 10:57 PM
09/20/21 10:57 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Pike River
When the father tells the child to do something because he loves the child....
and the child says "sure father, I'll do it as soon as you tell my why I should."
The father says, "If you do it because I explain it well enough that it makes sense to you....
that's called agreement. I'm your father and you are the child so obey and do what I say please. I'm 38 and you're 8. I know a lot more than you do." wink

Even God dignifies his creation by explaining things to us. He doesn't want robots. Look how he reasoned with Lot.

Except when God works in mysterious ways.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360562
09/20/21 10:58 PM
09/20/21 10:58 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Pike didn’t say we were perfect. Sure there’s been bad times for the church. We live in the greatest country on earth a Contry that’s done 1000 fold more good than evil. Same as the church. You can’t cherry pick bad times and single them out to degrade them. Both are run by humans (sinners) and bad things happen but the good by far outweighs the bad.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: James] #7360573
09/20/21 11:08 PM
09/20/21 11:08 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by James
Some here, including some Christians, are quite willing to judge Muslims by the actions of a few.

Why would anyone be surprised if Christians are also judged by the actions of a few members?

Jim

The difference is we are not taking a few Muslims, who broke the rules of their religion, and blaming the whole religion for it. We are judging the WHOLE religion for what it teaches, which is to kill anyone who does not believe the same as they do. Now, there may be some liberal Muslims who don't believe what the Koran says, just as their are liberal Christians who don't believe what the New Testament says. But by and large the whole of Islam is contemptible, which is why we judge it.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360574
09/20/21 11:09 PM
09/20/21 11:09 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Here's what Jesus thinks of people who hurt children.

Matthew18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Last edited by yotetrapper30; 09/20/21 11:10 PM.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360576
09/20/21 11:11 PM
09/20/21 11:11 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... there may or may not be an almighty I guess ( regardless of which flavor) .. but if it’s all powerful and all knowing... it allows horrible things to happen and we say it’s his will and there’s a plan ... the plan is always fairly rough from what I’ve seen

... click the play button on ol Ray Wylie...I figure no one really knows

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360598
09/20/21 11:30 PM
09/20/21 11:30 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
"There are certainly verses in the Qurʾān that permit violence, but they are often cherry picked without providing the above context. The logical conclusion one arrives at when reading these verses is that Islam teaches and encourages Muslims to love all people, including those of different faiths. However, it forbids Muslims from being “sell outs” by allying themselves with xenophobes who fight against Muslims and ban them from their homes simply based on their religion. In other words, the Qurʾān does not teach Muslims to fight non-Muslims, but to fight religious intolerance.

"The Qurʾān notes that if people do not stand up to religious intolerance it will lead to the destruction of all places of worship. There are those who have been evicted from their homes without right, only because they say, “Our Lord is Allah .” And were it not that Allah driven back people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of God is much mentioned. And God will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might (Qurʾān 22:40)."

https://www.whyislam.org/faqs/does-islam-teach-hatred-and-violence/

The Old Testament of the Bible contains exhortations to violence, to slay every man, woman, and child among the unbelievers. Yet, most Christians believe those OT passages are no longer relevant.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: James] #7360599
09/20/21 11:36 PM
09/20/21 11:36 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
"There are certainly verses in the Qurʾān that permit violence, but they are often cherry picked without providing the above context. The logical conclusion one arrives at when reading these verses is that Islam teaches and encourages Muslims to love all people, including those of different faiths. However, it forbids Muslims from being “sell outs” by allying themselves with xenophobes who fight against Muslims and ban them from their homes simply based on their religion. In other words, the Qurʾān does not teach Muslims to fight non-Muslims, but to fight religious intolerance.

"The Qurʾān notes that if people do not stand up to religious intolerance it will lead to the destruction of all places of worship. There are those who have been evicted from their homes without right, only because they say, “Our Lord is Allah .” And were it not that Allah driven back people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of God is much mentioned. And God will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might (Qurʾān 22:40)."

https://www.whyislam.org/faqs/does-islam-teach-hatred-and-violence/

The Old Testament of the Bible contains exhortations to violence, to slay every man, woman, and child among the unbelievers. Yet, most Christians believe those OT passages are no longer relevant.

Jim

James look at the actions of both then and now and get back with me.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: James] #7360600
09/20/21 11:37 PM
09/20/21 11:37 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Jim

That's because we're Christians, James, not Jews. You say you've read the Bible, then you should well know that Jesus' whole ministry was filled with examples of him showing that the old laws no longer applied. He gave his two commandments, with the advice that if you followed them, you would automatically follow the rest. Jesus worked on the Sabbath. Jesus would not stone the adulteress, despite Old Testament laws calling for it. Jesus later told Peter that no meat was unclean. There are dozens of examples in the New Testament of Jesus throwing out the Old Testament laws.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread