No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360605
09/20/21 11:47 PM
09/20/21 11:47 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... you’re going hard in here tonight Yote! ... hit that play button on ol Ray Wylie ... it’s the closing time song on life... Gary Stewart’s is kids play compared to that one lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: James] #7360608
09/21/21 12:01 AM
09/21/21 12:01 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by James
Evil is not subjective to atheists. Many believe in humanism, the faith that humanity defines evil. Murder is wrong to atheists too. So much so that our non-theistic legal system punishes the crime.

It's odd you should claim in one thread that atheists have a religion too, then claim here that they get no guidance from anyone but themselves. Which is it? Do they have religious principles or don't they?

Jim

The humanist and atheist leaders of Russia, Germany and China have murdered and starved 60 million (estimated low side) or so in just the past 120 or so years. I'm not much of a scholar such as yourself James but it doesn't take much of a study to see what happened in Russia and Germany when humanism took hold in the higher levels of the educated. I've seen a shift from Christianity to humanism in this country in my lifetime and the fruit isn't completely ripe yet but from the early samples coming from the more liberal areas it isn't looking too sweet.

A good humanist loves the ideology while ignoring the outcome

Last edited by Yes sir; 09/21/21 12:23 AM.
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360611
09/21/21 12:05 AM
09/21/21 12:05 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Thanks for the song

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360614
09/21/21 12:15 AM
09/21/21 12:15 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I heard a very interesting interview a several years ago on NPR. Yes, I do listen to NPR when it's the only thing available.

The interviewee was some sort of a Muslim intellectual. I have never heard anything like it before; he was very open and unapologetic about his beliefs.
He said that Islam is not a religious belief system, but it is a political ideology cloaked in religiosity in order to appeal to the masses who demand a religious basis for their motivation.
He laid out the history and tenants of Islam very clearly that supported what he was saying. I have never forgot this interview.

Definition of the word Islam: Submit.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360674
09/21/21 06:21 AM
09/21/21 06:21 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The Stoics from before the time of Christ, argued at great length with the pagan Greeks and their myriads of gods... that god does not exist.
They (the Stoics) could be like a god once they master their emotions, urges, and thoughts.
Greek philosophers like Plato and Aristotle argued Stoics claim the "impossible."

Stoics were the forefathers of modern day atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Hindu and Sikhism, Mormons..... and humanists
All one has to do to be a god or a tree or to be good or anything else "me" wants is...... master your emotions, urges, and thoughts.
A million self-help books help us to "change" but how does the goal to be a god or a tree or a better person really change us? In these categories, it helps only "me." Selfishness.

The Stoics seek what Christians consider sinful fruit.
And we get a glimpse of how Christianity stands far apart from other religions. It always has.
Christianity's two greatest commands given by God - not a god, but God - were; You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and love others as yourself.
The theme >>>>> don't work on changing "me" for "me," but rather be changed by God primarily for others.
Plato claimed it was impossible to change a heart and mind.
Believers would agree and go further to admit we need spiritual intervention.

James, would you have the God of the Bible end all evil that exists in the world today? As in...right this second?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: yotetrapper30] #7360870
09/21/21 12:04 PM
09/21/21 12:04 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Some here, including some Christians, are quite willing to judge Muslims by the actions of a few.

Why would anyone be surprised if Christians are also judged by the actions of a few members?

Jim

The difference is we are not taking a few Muslims, who broke the rules of their religion, and blaming the whole religion for it. We are judging the WHOLE religion for what it teaches, which is to kill anyone who does not believe the same as they do. Now, there may be some liberal Muslims who don't believe what the Koran says, just as their are liberal Christians who don't believe what the New Testament says. But by and large the whole of Islam is contemptible, which is why we judge it.

Even liberal, left-leaning Bill Maher once commented that the difference between Christians and Muslims was that Christians don't kill you if you don't become a Christian.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: James] #7360874
09/21/21 12:18 PM
09/21/21 12:18 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
"There are certainly verses in the Qurʾān that permit violence, but they are often cherry picked without providing the above context. The logical conclusion one arrives at when reading these verses is that Islam teaches and encourages Muslims to love all people, including those of different faiths. However, it forbids Muslims from being “sell outs” by allying themselves with xenophobes who fight against Muslims and ban them from their homes simply based on their religion. In other words, the Qurʾān does not teach Muslims to fight non-Muslims, but to fight religious intolerance.

"The Qurʾān notes that if people do not stand up to religious intolerance it will lead to the destruction of all places of worship. There are those who have been evicted from their homes without right, only because they say, “Our Lord is Allah .” And were it not that Allah driven back people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of God is much mentioned. And God will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might (Qurʾān 22:40)."

https://www.whyislam.org/faqs/does-islam-teach-hatred-and-violence/

The Old Testament of the Bible contains exhortations to violence, to slay every man, woman, and child among the unbelievers. Yet, most Christians believe those OT passages are no longer relevant.

Jim

Muhammad killed many non-Muslims that would not convert to Islam. An example is the city of Yathrib inhabited by Jews. He killed every man, woman, and child. The city was renamed Medina. He taught his followers such and is the reason to this day many Muslims still follow his teachings. Many Christians were slaughtered by Islamic extremists in the last couple of years. They were told to convert to Islam or die.

Jesus' teachings were the total opposite of those of Muhammad. What Christians today are killing people for not converting to Christianity?

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: yotetrapper30] #7360875
09/21/21 12:20 PM
09/21/21 12:20 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

The Old Testament of the Bible contains exhortations to violence, to slay every man, woman, and child among the unbelievers. Yet, most Christians believe those OT passages are no longer relevant.

Jim

That's because we're Christians, James, not Jews. You say you've read the Bible, then you should well know that Jesus' whole ministry was filled with examples of him showing that the old laws no longer applied. He gave his two commandments, with the advice that if you followed them, you would automatically follow the rest. Jesus worked on the Sabbath. Jesus would not stone the adulteress, despite Old Testament laws calling for it. Jesus later told Peter that no meat was unclean. There are dozens of examples in the New Testament of Jesus throwing out the Old Testament laws.

This is a true statement, but so also is the statement below true. And applicable when it comes to James and some others on this forum. Most people are not interested in in even seeking truth, they are just interested in padding their own agenda and picking out nuggets of things that they can cling to in order to not have to look the truth head on.

[Linked Image]

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: waggler] #7360879
09/21/21 12:32 PM
09/21/21 12:32 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by waggler
I heard a very interesting interview a several years ago on NPR. Yes, I do listen to NPR when it's the only thing available.

The interviewee was some sort of a Muslim intellectual. I have never heard anything like it before; he was very open and unapologetic about his beliefs.
He said that Islam is not a religious belief system, but it is a political ideology cloaked in religiosity in order to appeal to the masses who demand a religious basis for their motivation.
He laid out the history and tenants of Islam very clearly that supported what he was saying. I have never forgot this interview.

Definition of the word Islam: Submit.

When CAIR reached prominence in America, the leader in charge of CAIR openly said, the goal of Islam is to convert the world by whatever means necessary. That Islam is never tolerable of any other religion.

Saw an on the street interview with a number of Muslims who had become American citizens. The question they were asked was which they preferred Sharia Law or the US Constitution? Almost 80% said they preferred Sharia Law. I kind of agree with Sharia Law. Like the part where if you're caught stealing, they cut off one of your hands. The law is a strong proponent of the death penalty. Women caught in adultery can be subject to stoning. They don't tolerate gays and in many cases, kill them. A woman can't divorce her husband; it's nearly impossible. But, just the opposite holds true for a husband. Women have almost no rights under Sharia Law.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360881
09/21/21 12:43 PM
09/21/21 12:43 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
I would beg to differ and there are untold thousands of pagans, protestants, catholics, Muslims, and indigenous peoples bones that have been reduced to dust and forgotten in time that would agree with me I believe. Christians and catholics have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with killing you for not conforming to thier faith down throughout history. And before someone jumps in and squeals "those aren't real Christians" I'll argue that those might not be "real Muslims" killing people for thier faith either but they are playing the part. I have to side with Danny on this subject. Nobody had much trouble coming down on catholic priests hard for being disgusting child molesters in need of a long drop and a short stop but when the Baptists become involved everyone gets thier undergarments in a bunch. I worked in a town for 12 years that was exclusively owned, operated, and populated by 1 huge Baptist church. In that town I met some of the nicest people I've ever met and are still friends with some to this day, but I also met some of the most fake, greedy, selfish, back stabbing , crooked, and downright evil people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I would not put child molestation past half of the men who went to that particular church. Regardless of whether you are a Baptist or not we all have to agree that people who hurt children should be killed.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360886
09/21/21 12:52 PM
09/21/21 12:52 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Christians have no problem killing you for not converting to Christianity? Really? And you know that Jesus taught this like Muhammad did?

Give me some examples of modern day Christians that have been killing people for not converting to Christianity. I can give you examples of Muslims killing Christians. Lot of that going on the past couple years. Ever hear of ISIS for one, or how about the Taliban? Al Qaeda? But, they're not really Muslims???? Tell them that.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360893
09/21/21 01:17 PM
09/21/21 01:17 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
I said they "might not be real Muslims" according to other Muslims trying to defend thier religion in the same way the Christians on this forum are so quick to yell "those aren't real Christians" when you start talking about witch hunts, crusades and the conversion or destruction of indigenous peoples in the name Christianity. If a woman wears pounds of makeup and fishnet stockings, with revealing attire it doesn't make her a woman of the night but she's sure as heck wearing the uniform. I don't give a spit about what an apocalypse preaching Jewish cult leader taught his sheep 2000 years ago, but I do care when people who claim to be following his teachings hurt children or persecute, ridicule, demean, bankrupt, kill or otherwise harm people who do not believe the same as them.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Davisfur] #7360898
09/21/21 01:24 PM
09/21/21 01:24 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Davisfur
I said they "might not be real Muslims" according to other Muslims trying to defend thier religion in the same way the Christians on this forum are so quick to yell "those aren't real Christians" when you start talking about witch hunts, crusades and the conversion or destruction of indigenous peoples in the name Christianity. If a woman wears pounds of makeup and fishnet stockings, with revealing attire it doesn't make her a woman of the night but she's sure as heck wearing the uniform. I don't give a spit about what an apocalypse preaching Jewish cult leader taught his sheep 2000 years ago, but I do care when people who claim to be following his teachings hurt children or persecute, ridicule, demean, bankrupt, kill or otherwise harm people who do not believe the same as them.

That makes no sense. If they were following his teachings, they would not be allowed to hurt children, so obviously they are NOT following his teachings....

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360923
09/21/21 02:02 PM
09/21/21 02:02 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Like I said above it matters not whether they are "following" his teachings or not, obviously his teachings are open to individual interpretation as evidenced by all the different denominations that claim to be the "right one" but really just proves that no two people can read the same book and agree 100% on what it said. . What matters is they are playing the part and using it for a way to hide thier evil deeds and in a lot of cases using it to thier advantage to get them closer to children without someone suspecting foul play. And also thank you for proving my point that someone was going to yell "but they're not real Christians". Happened faster than I even expected.

Last edited by Davisfur; 09/21/21 02:07 PM.
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7360942
09/21/21 02:28 PM
09/21/21 02:28 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I gave you present day examples of Muslims killing Christians for not converting to Islam. Still waiting for the same examples from you who are claiming Christians are killing non-Christians for not converting to Christianity.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7361014
09/21/21 04:13 PM
09/21/21 04:13 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Danny gave you examples of "Christians" molesting children and all anybody can say is "well those aren't real Christians", what makes you think it would be any different if you had evidence that shows Christians killing non-Christians? You would still deny that they were "real Christians". Do your own digging see what you find.

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Davisfur] #7361017
09/21/21 04:18 PM
09/21/21 04:18 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
Yes sir  Online Content
Y

Marion Kansas
Danny gave you examples of "Christians" molesting children and all anybody can say is "well those aren't real Christians", what makes you think it would be any different if you had evidence that shows Christians killing non-Christians? You would still deny that they were "real Christians". Do your own digging see what you find.

U made the claim but tell someone else to go find the examples. Perfect grin

Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: Davisfur] #7361093
09/21/21 05:57 PM
09/21/21 05:57 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio

Actually, it was pointed out that evil is everywhere, common to mankind. But some, especially MSM, and the left especially enjoy it when they stumble across a religious/conservative hypocrite.

And those that have an axe to grind...

(And guess what, the Bible is full of warnings of 'wolves in sheep's clothing')

The harlot in revelation is a false religion, that will persecute true followers of Christ.

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves

Levi
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7361106
09/21/21 06:05 PM
09/21/21 06:05 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Christian Knight’s of the Ku Klux Klan

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: looks like not just catholic priests and mormons [Re: danny clifton] #7361118
09/21/21 06:12 PM
09/21/21 06:12 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline
trapper
Davisfur  Offline
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Oh now Danny you know that anybody in a white robe and pointy hat that is hurting non-Christians isn't a "real Christian clans men", they are just wearing the uniform! 😉

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread