No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: turkn8rtrapper] #7362277
09/23/21 06:06 AM
09/23/21 06:06 AM
Londonderry, NH
T
Timakak Offline
trapper
Timakak  Offline
trapper
T

Londonderry, NH
To answer a question from above, yes, I have been to Haiti. I was a missionary there for two year. I became fluent in Haitian Creole, I lived with them, I ate their food, I used their transportation, I saw their struggles, I learned what their life goals were. Haitians, as a whole, are wonderful people. They want the same things that we do as Americans. They want to have food security, shelter security, they want clean water, they want to get an education, they want freedom from oppressive governments and gangs, they want to be treated and respected as human beings. As I read the above posts it made me want to distance myself from this group. The comments were myopic and show a complete disregard for the struggles that people, from all countries and economic situations have to endure. I was born and raised in this country. I didn’t have to struggle to get here, neither did my parents or grandparents. How can one expect a foreigner, that has fought their ENTIRE life just to survive, to come to this country and live the way we live? It must be nice to have not known the struggles that these people have known. I’m not excusing certain behaviors, but there should be a showing of compassion rather than contempt.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362285
09/23/21 06:27 AM
09/23/21 06:27 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Our own president, called Nancy Pelosi just yesterday. "Nancy this is Joey, do you know who crapped in my pants today" !!!!??? "By the way Nancy it also happened yesterday too" !!!
They do say that the "crap rolls downhill"

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362287
09/23/21 06:29 AM
09/23/21 06:29 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Timakak
To answer a question from above, yes, I have been to Haiti. I was a missionary there for two year. I became fluent in Haitian Creole, I lived with them, I ate their food, I used their transportation, I saw their struggles, I learned what their life goals were. Haitians, as a whole, are wonderful people. They want the same things that we do as Americans. They want to have food security, shelter security, they want clean water, they want to get an education, they want freedom from oppressive governments and gangs, they want to be treated and respected as human beings. As I read the above posts it made me want to distance myself from this group. The comments were myopic and show a complete disregard for the struggles that people, from all countries and economic situations have to endure. I was born and raised in this country. I didn’t have to struggle to get here, neither did my parents or grandparents. How can one expect a foreigner, that has fought their ENTIRE life just to survive, to come to this country and live the way we live? It must be nice to have not known the struggles that these people have known. I’m not excusing certain behaviors, but there should be a showing of compassion rather than contempt.

All the millions of dollars in aid sent to that country was not compassion? Well, on second thought, the Clintons were involved in that if I remember....

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362289
09/23/21 06:34 AM
09/23/21 06:34 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Dereliction of duty by this administration, plain and simple.

They are also breaking laws by not enforcing laws already on the books.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362314
09/23/21 07:13 AM
09/23/21 07:13 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
Our neighbors sold their house a few weeks ago and moved to Virginia to be closer to them wife’s family. Their realtor sold to a group of Haitians. We are hoping it is a family that is Americanized enough not to cause problems on our quiet little dead end street. With that said we have talked about upgrading to a larger house and I really want to move to the country. I enjoy privacy(my back yard is a wooded green park and my south side faces a plated pine stand). We are now pretty motivated to find or build a house. There have been a ton of people coming in and out of this house. I hope they are good people but I’m in the process of formulating our plan B in case they are not.

More Cowbell
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362360
09/23/21 08:12 AM
09/23/21 08:12 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

To answer a question from above, yes, I have been to Haiti. I was a missionary there for two year. I became fluent in Haitian Creole, I lived with them, I ate their food, I used their transportation, I saw their struggles, I learned what their life goals were. Haitians, as a whole, are wonderful people. They want the same things that we do as Americans. They want to have food security, shelter security, they want clean water, they want to get an education, they want freedom from oppressive governments and gangs, they want to be treated and respected as human beings.As I read the above posts it made me want to distance myself from this group. The comments were myopic and show a complete disregard for the struggles that people, from all countries and economic situations have to endure. I was born and raised in this country. I didn’t have to struggle to get here, neither did my parents or grandparents. How can one expect a foreigner, that has fought their ENTIRE life just to survive, to come to this country and live the way we live? It must be nice to have not known the struggles that these people have known. I’m not excusing certain behaviors, but there should be a showing of compassion rather than contempt.

Why don’t they make it happen?

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 09/23/21 08:13 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362366
09/23/21 08:24 AM
09/23/21 08:24 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama

I'm sure they want all these things. The problem is, when they do leave they're third world toilet of a country, they act like they are still there. Just wanting something won't make it happen. You have to try to change to take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself. Some of them will appreciate the chance they have, and will make the most of it. Unfortunately, many will continue to live like they always have and expect everyone else to cater to their "culture".

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362464
09/23/21 10:56 AM
09/23/21 10:56 AM
central IA
B
bodycount Offline OP
trapper
bodycount  Offline OP
trapper
B

central IA
I have a solution to this Haitian problem. Dump several busloads of these immigrants in Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. People with money live there and should be willing to share their homes. They could pitch heated tents in back yards to live in during winter if not enough room in houses. Set up port-a-pottys and have them pumped out once in a while. Obama has a mansion there. I am sure he would love these people living with him.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362466
09/23/21 10:57 AM
09/23/21 10:57 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There is a Haitian diaspora in Montreal.They gravitate to Montreal because their language is predominantly french.
I have not heard of any particularly bad behaviour by them as a whole any different than any other groups.

Well said Timakak.

Last edited by Boco; 09/23/21 10:59 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7362488
09/23/21 11:21 AM
09/23/21 11:21 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
To answer a question from above, yes, I have been to Haiti. I was a missionary there for two year. I became fluent in Haitian Creole, I lived with them, I ate their food, I used their transportation, I saw their struggles, I learned what their life goals were. Haitians, as a whole, are wonderful people. They want the same things that we do as Americans. They want to have food security, shelter security, they want clean water, they want to get an education, they want freedom from oppressive governments and gangs, they want to be treated and respected as human beings.As I read the above posts it made me want to distance myself from this group. The comments were myopic and show a complete disregard for the struggles that people, from all countries and economic situations have to endure. I was born and raised in this country. I didn’t have to struggle to get here, neither did my parents or grandparents. How can one expect a foreigner, that has fought their ENTIRE life just to survive, to come to this country and live the way we live? It must be nice to have not known the struggles that these people have known. I’m not excusing certain behaviors, but there should be a showing of compassion rather than contempt.

Why don’t they make it happen?

“Crickets”

-Goofy-
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362507
09/23/21 11:40 AM
09/23/21 11:40 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Poor because of overpopulation and no money in their country thus no opportunity no matter how hard they work.I bet most will do well where they actually have opportunity.The lazy people in society are not the immigrants.Their offspring born in western countries become lazy like the decadent residents.

Last edited by Boco; 09/23/21 11:41 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Boco] #7362516
09/23/21 11:45 AM
09/23/21 11:45 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Boco
Poor because of overpopulation and no money in their country thus no opportunity no matter how hard they work.I bet most will do well where they actually have opportunity.The lazy people in society are not the immigrants.Their offspring born in western countries become lazy like the decadent residents.

And lazy.

I have a cuz that's a Preacher who led missions over there for several years. One day I asked him when he's going and he said done with them. They went back to some villages they dug wells for the year before and they had them ruined. No sense helping people who won't help themselves.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362517
09/23/21 11:47 AM
09/23/21 11:47 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

Sounds like your becoming "Woke" and have a touch of the "White Privilege" syndrome.You say they WANT this and WANT that.When I want something,,I work to get it.My "compassion" can extend only so far,,when everything they "Want" has to come out of MY paycheck.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362532
09/23/21 12:03 PM
09/23/21 12:03 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by bodycount
I have a solution to this Haitian problem. Dump several busloads of these immigrants in Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. People with money live there and should be willing to share their homes. They could pitch heated tents in back yards to live in during winter if not enough room in houses. Set up port-a-pottys and have them pumped out once in a while. Obama has a mansion there. I am sure he would love these people living with him.

awesome.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362541
09/23/21 12:13 PM
09/23/21 12:13 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
No matter how "poor" anyone is , or illegal alien, they can always find ways to keep their camps organized and uncluttered with junk and uncontrolled disease habits.

The videos I've seen of many of the aliens shows them wearing good clothes , holding cell phones, and not a few over weight.

They certainly have the options to learn good personal habits simply by observing the people around them once they are migrated into cities here in America....the thought makes me sick...about all of them flooding this country....from anywhere...no one going by our laws to earn legal real citizenship.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362555
09/23/21 12:29 PM
09/23/21 12:29 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Shipping Them all over. I hear we got a couple loads of them, disgraceful.

there's a proper way to become a citizen.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: bodycount] #7362556
09/23/21 12:30 PM
09/23/21 12:30 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
the destruction of the USA proceeds.....and will continue.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362588
09/23/21 01:19 PM
09/23/21 01:19 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC

Compassion my (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). We have a legal system.

Use it.

Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Timakak] #7362602
09/23/21 01:39 PM
09/23/21 01:39 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

I completely understand why they would want to come to the U.S. Not where I am probably, Could be a backward move. However, there are rational reasons for the U.S. not wanting them. If they just become another burden on the existing failing system, it would not be sane to let them in. In reality the U.S. can only help so many people. Immigration policy is intended to improve America, not help people from other countries. These people as you describe them are economic refugees, not immigrants.

ref·u·gee
a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

""If you look at the strict adherence to the law, both U.S. laws and international laws, those people coming in from Chile or through Mexico should not come at all in the United States, legitimately, asking or requesting for asylum because there's no persecution by their government against them," he said. "

"U.S. immigration law is based on the following principles: the reunification of families, admitting immigrants with skills that are valuable to the U.S. economy, protecting refugees, and promoting diversity. This fact sheet provides basic information about how the U.S. legal immigration system is designed and functions."

Last edited by Dirt; 09/24/21 01:28 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Haiti sanitation [Re: Gary Benson] #7362604
09/23/21 01:48 PM
09/23/21 01:48 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
[Linked Image]

Excellent point! Joe wants all Americans be vaccinated, but ignores these immigrants. The man's got the brain of a gnat!

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread