No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
One World Religion? #7363340
09/24/21 03:16 PM
09/24/21 03:16 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
I came across this as a meme on Facebook but it appears to maybe be true? Anyone hear anything about this? Mark June?

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatic...9uWm-W37Eaj9SDGNV9hGpMIpTHmyBFO0CQGJPq1g

Abrahamic Family House in Abu Dhabi to open in 2022

The cultural landmark in the UAE capital, which includes a synagogue, a church and a mosque, is meant to be a beacon of understanding and peaceful coexistence, inspired by the Document on Human Fraternity.
By Robin Gomes

The Abrahamic Family House, which encloses a synagogue, a church and a mosque in a single complex, and which is scheduled to be inaugurated in 2022, is 20 percent complete, the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity (HCHF) said in a statement on Tuesday. The Committee, which is also supervising the project , said it is inspired by the 2019 Document on Human Fraternity. Constructed on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, the project is closely followed by Pope Francis and the Grand Imam Ahmed el-Tayeb of al-Azhar, who endorsed the design, the HCHF said.

The Abrahamic Family House derives its name from the Old Testament biblical figure, Abraham, who is recognized and greatly revered by Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Shared values
The Abrahamic Family House’s design, by architect Sir David Adjaye, captures. the values shared by Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, through three main buildings, including a mosque, a church, and a synagogue in one place. “As such, the complex innovatively recounts the history and builds bridges between human civilizations and heavenly messages.”

The names of the three separate iconic houses of worship in the Abrahamic Family House complex are officially unveiled as “Imam AlTayeb Mosque,” “St. Francis Church,” and “Moses Ben Maimon Synagogue”. Moses ben Maimon was a prolific and influential Sephardic Jewish philosopher of the Middle Ages.

Interfaith harmonious coexistence
Besides the 3 places of worship, the site includes a cultural center that aims to encourage people to exemplify human fraternity and solidarity within a community that cherishes the values of mutual respect and peaceful coexistence, while the unique character of each faith is preserved.

The design of the Abrahamic Family House was first unveiled by Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, at a global gathering in New York in 2019, during the 2nd meeting of the HCHF. IT said the design was also presented to Pope Francis and the Grand Imam during a meeting with them in November that year.

1st anniversary of Document on Human Fraternity
“The Abrahamic Family House epitomizes interfaith harmonious coexistence and preserves the unique character of each religion,” said Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Department of Culture Abu Dhabi and an HCHF member. He said, “It personifies Abu Dhabi’s vision for human fraternity and embeds coexistence into the already diverse cultural fabric of the UAE. Overseeing the development of this iconic project is inspiring and reflective of the UAE efforts in realizing the values of the Document on Human Fraternity and fostering its lofty principles.”

The Document on Human Fraternity
He explained that the names of the three houses of worship recognize the work of the Grand Imam, Pope Francis and Moses Ben Maimon, and “harnesses their teachings to forge a message of goodwill for future generations around the world”.

The "Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together", simply called the Document on Human Fraternity, was signed on February 4, 2019, by Pope Francis and the Grand Imam during the Pope’s visit to Abu Dhabi.

Cultural landmark
In the spirit of this Document, the Abrahamic Family House complex will welcome all visitors wishing to worship, learn and engage in dialogue. In addition, it will offer a variety of daily programmes and activities and will host international conferences and world summits that feature harmonious coexistence within communities. “As a place for learning, dialogue and worship,” the HCHF said, “the Abrahamic Family House will be a cultural landmark and an inspiring global symbol that epitomizes the shared values of harmonious coexistence and understanding among the three Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.”

The iconic geometric architecture of three cubes, representing the separate places of worship, evokes the unified commonality and mutual coexistence between the three religions. At the same time, the design reflects traditional architecture while retaining the individual traits of each of the three faiths.

The supervisors of the project said that during the design phases of the houses of worship, members of religious communities worldwide have been engaged and consulted to ensure consistency with and adherence to the respective religion’s requirements and teachings.

On completion, the complex of the Abrahamic Family House will offer the followers of the respective faiths enough spaces for “real peace of mind and soul within an atmosphere in which a spirit of intimacy prevails”. The HCHF said, “Each aspect of the design is brought to life through the architectural features and unique constructional details of the facades, the external and internal views, the columns, and the windows and vaults that reflect the unique characteristics of each of the three Abrahamic faiths.”

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363349
09/24/21 03:26 PM
09/24/21 03:26 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
I can't speak for Mark, but I bet this is one thing we can agree on....Bad Idea! wink

Member - FTA
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363356
09/24/21 03:43 PM
09/24/21 03:43 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
What could go wrong worshipping Abraham?

lol

-Goofy-
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363357
09/24/21 03:46 PM
09/24/21 03:46 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Oh Lord.....here we go again!! Paul needs to add another no-no- to the list of banned topics.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363359
09/24/21 03:50 PM
09/24/21 03:50 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
it might help

the Jews are the sons of Abraham and Sara the Muslims are the sons of Abraham and Hagar

Ishmael and Isaiah half brothers

this is nothing new

Abu Dhabi his realized they prosper when they don't kill each other

if they can convince more people in the middle east primarily Muslims that they can live in peace then they might see more peace.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: One World Religion? [Re: Gary Benson] #7363366
09/24/21 04:01 PM
09/24/21 04:01 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Oh Lord.....here we go again!! Paul needs to add another no-no- to the list of banned topics.

Or you could have just not clicked on it. I know, that's just too hard.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363385
09/24/21 04:35 PM
09/24/21 04:35 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Oh no! This would just be waaaayyy too simplistic. The three religions evolved from Abraham, that all believe in a heaven or $ell or afterlife, just different ways to get to either one. Wow would some common discussions and dialogue really add to the UE of the world as millions of pastors, clerics and rabbis would be out of work, especially those on the extreme edges of all three regions. Probably far too many killed in the name of God to date for any major widespread forgiveness to occur. I am one who does not believe that inclusion waters down scripture, it helps me really know what and why I believe as I do while accepting others for their beliefs.

Bryce

Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363393
09/24/21 04:53 PM
09/24/21 04:53 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Or you could have just not clicked on it. I know, that's just too hard.

Wahhhhh!!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: One World Religion? [Re: Gary Benson] #7363413
09/24/21 05:38 PM
09/24/21 05:38 PM
Oakland, MS
trapper
trapper

Oakland, MS

Wahhhhh!!

Kind of what I thought. You must be a democrat. I don't like it! Ban it! Ban it!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363419
09/24/21 05:47 PM
09/24/21 05:47 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Angela,
I am familiar with this project, although not at deep level. Two students here are from that area and I had heard about the Abrahamic project a while back.
Peace is always wonderful of course.
While these faiths claim Abrahamic heritage, Jews, Muslims, and Christians worship differently because each has a different God.
That matters in a world more and more pluralistic.
Christianity is exclusive because Jesus' New Covenant makes it so.

If people can worship among one another, side by side, great. I talk with muslims, spiritists, mostly Messianic Jews, atheists, agnostics, wiccans and dozens more every week.
Scripture is prophetic amidst all of it and we do well to heed the Apostle who saw Jesus personally;

Paul told Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:1-5;
I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:
preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths,
But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

I could go a bit deeper, but that's about the jest of it.
Other religions are offended by the God of the Bible's Truth so I predict it'll fall apart.... if it doesn't...... we're closer then we realize to the end of the End Times.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363431
09/24/21 06:02 PM
09/24/21 06:02 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Other religions are offended by the God of the Bible's Truth so I predict it'll fall apart.... if it doesn't...... we're closer then we realize to the end of the End Times.

Exactly what came to my mind.

James 1: 19-20
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363484
09/24/21 07:10 PM
09/24/21 07:10 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I wouldnt go there,some religious nutbar will blow it up.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363783
09/25/21 08:11 AM
09/25/21 08:11 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Hmph....

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363802
09/25/21 08:28 AM
09/25/21 08:28 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
But then folks will have to find new reasons to fight wars over as this would take away the reason for 90% of them.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: One World Religion? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7363811
09/25/21 08:48 AM
09/25/21 08:48 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
What could go wrong worshipping Abraham?

lol

Exactly. Like, he freed the slaves and stuff, right?

Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363822
09/25/21 09:05 AM
09/25/21 09:05 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Only part of the world is predominantly one of the Abrahamic religions. I doubt Buddhists Hindus etc want to convert. The Abrahams will likely keep hating and killing one another for a long time

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363839
09/25/21 09:38 AM
09/25/21 09:38 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
There are plenty of those types of places in the US already that have a church, mosque, and synagogue under one roof. There's one in Omaha called the trip faith initiative.

Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7363879
09/25/21 10:35 AM
09/25/21 10:35 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Well, I suppose it's a nice gesture, if you could trust the originators motives. I don't.

However, it seems a little pointless. What will be the theology of the "Christian Church" ? Most likely some watered down, politically correct version I'll bet.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: One World Religion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7364057
09/25/21 04:01 PM
09/25/21 04:01 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Every book in the NT is written to believers and every writer warns of false prophets and teachers. Do we think it's not an important prescriptive measure with all the NT authors writing about it?
Of course it is.

So how should believers sift through the noise? It's fairly simple.
Jesus, to Whom all power on heaven and on earth was given after his death, burial, and resurrection (Matt 28:18)... since His death effectually began the New Covenant (Testament), is the Truth,
and Jesus commissioned Apostles to spread the Gospel to Judea, Samaria, and the nations, and so those men began.

The One, Holy, Catholic (universal), Apostolic church, has nothing to do with other gods and goddesses, and false teachers. At all.
The heretics will always try to poison the gourd soup until Jesus returns so we don't worship with others who have poisonous gourds. Period.

So when you contemplate various religions to worship under one roof, it sounds great to those contemplating their own new Babel, and the world will praise them of course,
But it's all tinder according to Holy Scripture, headed for the fire.
The Gospel Truth is exclusionary.
The world is not because sin loves a pat-on-the-back.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: One World Religion? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7364701
09/26/21 01:07 PM
09/26/21 01:07 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline
trapper
wildflights  Offline
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
it might help

the Jews are the sons of Abraham and Sara the Muslims are the sons of Abraham and Hagar

Ishmael and Isaiah half brothers

this is nothing new

Abu Dhabi his realized they prosper when they don't kill each other

if they can convince more people in the middle east primarily Muslims that they can live in peace then they might see more peace.

Muslims come from the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) son of Abraham. A curse and blight for a lack of faith.
Abraham and Sara thought Sara was too old to provide the son that god told them she'd bare. So they took on the younger Hagar to fill in that role. i.e. a lack of faith.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread