No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Chainsaw muffler #7364053
09/25/21 03:57 PM
09/25/21 03:57 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline OP
trapper
AJE  Offline OP
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Make sure you keep your muffler tight. I apparently used the wrong loctite b/c 1 of the screws popped out & the muffler rotated & burned a tiny hole in the oil tank. Don't make the same mistake. Now I am trying to figure out how I can get the oil tank clean enough so JB Weld will stick to the plastic.

Last edited by AJE; 09/25/21 03:58 PM.
Re: Chainsaw muffler [Re: AJE] #7364065
09/25/21 04:14 PM
09/25/21 04:14 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Use brake clean spray. The good stuff not the green can. Then rough the area around the hole with coarse sand paper, wipe down with acetone and use JB Tankweld to plug it. Take your time. As the most important part is preparation of the area that needs fixin. Any idiot can kneed up a stick of JB and smear it on a hole. Prep is the key to a decent job that will last.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread