05/29/08 07:55 PM
05/29/08 07:55 PM
Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

I figure she spent so much time pretending she is a monkey that her brains are now more Chimpanzee then human. Certainly her compassion for human suffering doesn't cause her the grief that animal suffering does or she wouldn't be pushing this donkey cart.

The Guardian (UK)
Goodall urges Nobel prize for sparing lab animals
James Randerson, science correspondent
Wednesday May 28 2008
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/may/28/medicalresearch.ethicsofscience

The primatologist Dr Jane Goodall will today propose that a Nobel
prize be set up for advancing medical knowledge without
experimentation on animals. The scientist, who pioneered research on
chimpanzees in the wild, says moving away from animal research is a
"goal towards which all civilised nations should be moving".

She will speak at an event organised by animal rights groups and MEPs
to put pressure on the European commission to review directive 86/609,
which governs animal research across the EU.

"As we move into the 21st century we need a new mind-set," she said.
"We should admit that the infliction of suffering on beings who are
capable of feeling is ethically problematic and that the amazing human
brain should set to work to find new ways of testing and experimenting
that will not involve the use of live, sentient beings.

"The scientific establishment should actively encourage such research.
More funding should be made available for it. And rewards - such as a
Nobel prize - should be given for it."

She will also advocate a centre of excellence to develop alternatives
to animal research. About 12m animals were used in experiments in
2005. The vast majority were mice and rats.

Goodall's suggestion of a Nobel prize looks unlikely to succeed. Only
one has been added - the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics in 1968 -
since the scientific accolades were first awarded in 1901. About 15
years ago the former US vice-president Al Gore approached the Nobel
Foundation to suggest an award for contributions to environmentalism.
Michael Sohlman, president of the foundation, said the organisation
politely turned him down. Adding a prize for alternatives to animal
testing was "out of the question", Sohlman said.

Scientists argue that research using animals has contributed to
advances in many fields including antibiotics, anaesthetics, vaccines,
insulin for diabetes, open heart surgery, kidney dialysis and
transplants. They say that animal research is highly regulated in the
UK, with both the lab where research is carried out and the specific
project needing a licence from the Home Office. They also point out
that the high cost of animal testing is a strong incentive for
researchers to use alternatives where possible.

But Green MEP Caroline Lucas said alternatives were not being
developed fast enough. "What we want to see in there very clearly is a
strategy that will move us away from animal experiments and include
more up to date, effective alternatives," she said, "What we need is
far more resources put into developing them and getting them on to the
market."

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Mira Trapper] #736250
05/29/08 08:03 PM
05/29/08 08:03 PM
south of little rock, ar
H
Haus Offline
trapper
Haus  Offline
trapper
H

south of little rock, ar
Just today on the news was a monkey that had electrodes implanted in his brain. He was able to feed himself a marshmellow or something with a robotic arm based on thought waves. Bet if good old Jane was paralyzed she would think twice about being able to walk again with this technology.

haus

A bobcat in your trap at 5:00am is better than a stout cup of coffee anyday.
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Haus] #736256
05/29/08 08:07 PM
05/29/08 08:07 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Haus
Just today on the news was a monkey that had electrodes implanted in his brain. He was able to feed himself a marshmellow or something with a robotic arm based on thought waves. Bet if good old Jane was paralyzed she would think twice about being able to walk again with this technology.

haus

But she could care less about your arm or any of the 6.5 billion other folks that could use the brain mapping that the chimp is being evaluated on.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Mira Trapper] #736296
05/29/08 08:26 PM
05/29/08 08:26 PM
Northwestern New York(Elder)
Jonathan Offline
"Wilson"
Jonathan  Offline
"Wilson"

Anthropomorphism predisposes an individual to develop terminal, cranial-rectal inversion, compounded by massive brain neuroma infestation. It's a disease indigenous to the animal rights cult colonists.

Jonathan

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Jonathan] #736413
05/29/08 09:17 PM
05/29/08 09:17 PM
Oregon
Ole Hawkeye Offline
trapper
Ole Hawkeye  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Took the words right out of my mouth, Johnathan.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Ole Hawkeye] #736828
05/29/08 11:54 PM
05/29/08 11:54 PM
Higginsville Missouri
deerhunter65347 Offline
trapper
deerhunter65347  Offline
trapper

Higginsville Missouri
Beyond any shadow of a doudt. She and all her buddies are a lost cause. I guess the next step is for us to revert back to the stone age.

Coon Collector web site. http://www.cooncollector.com/
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: deerhunter65347] #736929
05/30/08 02:41 AM
05/30/08 02:41 AM
Nevada
thrstyunderwater Offline
trapper
thrstyunderwater  Offline
trapper

Nevada
I don't know about adding a Nobel prize for such a feat, but why not try to cut back on animal testing? It's expensive. I'm not saying eliminate it, but why not try to find other ways to avoid it when possible?

Originally Posted by Ole Hawkeye
Pat, as usual, you are right....

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: thrstyunderwater] #736933
05/30/08 02:49 AM
05/30/08 02:49 AM

B
BuckNE
Unregistered
BuckNE
Unregistered
B

How a company tests a product is none of my concern, so long as it isn't being tested on me or mine without my knowledge.

I won't tell the drug companies how to test their products, if they won't tell me how to trap animals.

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: ] #736941
05/30/08 03:15 AM
05/30/08 03:15 AM
Fisher,Ill 4or5yrs
C
Coyote1263 Offline
trapper
Coyote1263  Offline
trapper
C

Fisher,Ill 4or5yrs
Jonathan,my thoughts exactly,thanks for the ink.Simplified does that mean,---optical rectolietis,

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Coyote1263] #736942
05/30/08 03:31 AM
05/30/08 03:31 AM
Jonathan Offline
"Wilson"
Jonathan  Offline
"Wilson"

Coyote, I used the term "brain neuroma" as a metaphor for tumorous hemorrhoids on the brain. A neuroma is a tumor related to the nervous system.

Jonathan

Camera Gear: Canon EOS 7D-MK-II, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, EF 28-135mm, EF 100-400mm and EF 400mm lenses.

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: thrstyunderwater] #736994
05/30/08 08:14 AM
05/30/08 08:14 AM
Va
P
pass-thru Offline
trapper
pass-thru  Offline
trapper
P

Va
 Originally Posted By: thrstyunderwater
I don't know about adding a Nobel prize for such a feat, but why not try to cut back on animal testing? It's expensive. I'm not saying eliminate it, but why not try to find other ways to avoid it when possible?

I don't think they do it for fun. Consider this.....sometimes things don't work out as planned or initially conceived. There are unforseen consequences. If the first time these manifest is on people, then essentially you've replaced lab animals with people.

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: ] #737022
05/30/08 08:53 AM
05/30/08 08:53 AM
NY
T
trapper72 Offline
trapper
trapper72  Offline
trapper
T

NY
I once heard, "If hooking a monkeys brain to a car battery, will save someone from dying someday, I have only two things to say.

The red is positive, the black is negative.

~Another sig that had served it's purpose~
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: ] #737025
05/30/08 08:59 AM
05/30/08 08:59 AM
Alberta, Canada
P
parlecoup Offline
trapper
parlecoup  Offline
trapper
P

Alberta, Canada
No. Ko- Ko , Is what I drinks every morning at breakfast! AHwooooooo.

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: thrstyunderwater] #737451
05/30/08 03:08 PM
05/30/08 03:08 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: thrstyunderwater

Why Animal research is a continuing change of cause and effects.

PROGRESSIVE MONITORING:::Regarding the link between animal testing, progressing forward to human testing.
Now would you summit to venom

(1) Anybody who thinks that animal tests are misleading, can buy the rights to drugs that failed animal tests and test them on themselves and their like-minded friends (if any). No one has ever done so,because no one really believes that animal tests have no predictive value.

Consider rattle snake venom. As a project,science wants to find a cure for obvious quick stable life saving reasons. How many animals in North America are born with a natural antidote to the venom? One that is assured, would be the California ground squirrel. We know of few animals immune to the poison other then this ground squirrel. Bitten, most animals succumb as the rattler strikes and the poisoning begins. The venom invades the veins and travel towards the heart.

Thus the best method to provide a antidote would be {1) Injecting venom into humans and other animals to see what defensive mechanisms crash. That would show where the life support systems break down. However knowing the breakdown which has occurred, would it not make sense to check the ground squirrel and see what DEFENSIVE methods the squirrel has within its makeup which defeat the snakes venom. The answer should be a combination of two animals in the above equation minus humans for the initial tests.

Not many ARA would like to subject themselves to this trial, so the squirrel is a good choice.I have not seen many human guinea pigs in this field, but maybe that can change.

Just to keep things simple, lets suppose that a antidote is found which is a proven success in saving everything over a period of years, but Rhenis monkeys and humans. The test is then narrowed to what does man and RH monkey have in common which other animals do not?? Is there a protein or coagulant missing or in place, which all other animals don't have? The tests continue and the results are monitored. Finally they find out that all subjects tested with antidotes are surviving in the primate category.

It could be found that every primate will survive on original antidote plus a B & A additive, but man. Man might need an ABC additive as a common antidote. However maybe Some men might need a additive E. People with O RH negative blood might need all abce plus d. Progressive monitoring might have taken 10 to 30 years of lab work. In the general human population of 6 billion people a 100% success rate for venom control might be realized for 30 years.

Then one day a person with an odd protein mixed with O-RH negative blood and an even rarer liver disorder shows up with a snake bite. He gets antidote injection, goes spastic, then drops blood pressure and progresses into heart failure, which becomes terminal. Should we throw away the antidote that worked for so many years at 100% success and classify it as a failure because something makes it suspicious now? No we should continue to use it and specify that a person with x protein,O-rh negative blood and Z liver condition is at a HIGH RISK of death until a new antidote can be found for that specific condition.

It is progressive monitoring which will offer a more conditioned response to ANY VARIABLE in the science of preventing death by Rattler venom. Funny thing is, it started with a ground squirrel and a snake. Who knows how long progressive monitoring would take? However! Without testing, what synthetic compound will save each and every individual. NO ANIMAL RIGHTS volunteers were involved in this testing. NO surprise there, as they had to go through a lot of lower classed animals to reach today's standards. I feel comfortable with that. The human community has been spared more friends and family longer because of animal testing and PROGRESSIVE MONITORING SYSTEMS.
Recently::: They began a new test to find out a venom control as a antidote for platypus spur injection and cancer pain controls. Apparently the male has spurs which can inflict one of the most painful venoms known in nature. It causes extreme swelling in the area of the strikes. The venom actually decomposes flesh in the general area, rapidly. The venom can travel through muscle absorption causing the flesh to wither and die.It is supposed to be the most painful toxin known to man.

Science feels that same toxin is deadly to cancer cells more so than to healthy cells. Have you any friends willing to play the ground squirrel? The venom's pain can not be blocked by Morphine which is a common complaint of cancer victims. Cancer science have expressed interest because certain pain blockers might be found in that platypus which will help people without giving them the crippling drug morphine. Science is being built at a faster pace than any other time in the history of man. Progressive monitoring in the human condition, has to start with animals .

It's not rocket science nor is it any different then the actions of our ancestors who fed their animals new foods(ex:mushrooms) before eating them ? That is why we have ancestors.
Their is also a very interesting bit of research being done on the bite saliva of the Komodo dragon.

Their saliva is a seething mass of bacteria from the decaying flesh they eat. Average about 52 types of blood poisoning bacteria that cripple and kill any animal bitten by a Komodo. They just bite and wait for the animal to drop dead of blood poisoning somewhere between 48 & 72 hours latter. Side Note: Komodo is thought to have caused the extinction of elephants on the islands Komodo inhabit.
Well eating the Komodo's serrated teeth overlap causing server rips in their own gums.

Science observes analyzes and questions. If they bite themselves what keeps the bacteria from causing blood poisoning in their bodies?? Research teams have recently discovered a peptide in the Komodo blood stream which prevents those bacteria from blood poisoning their host. Neat observation and opening new doors for our medical practitioners as they enter operating rooms.

Researchers are very close to copying that peptide. The end result will have to be through animal research as nobody in their right mind would inoculate themselves with the bacteria that cause blood poisoning resulting in death. However we are all subject to those blood poisonings and it would be of great importance to the medical community to know your doctor has a cannon to fight bacteria that he once fought with a pop gun

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Mira Trapper] #737454
05/30/08 03:14 PM
05/30/08 03:14 PM
Mira Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Mira Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

It would seem that Jane Goodall has spent so much time preaching about saving chimpanzees that she forgot humans deserve protection to. In fact the human family would be more thankful if it were their brothers and sisters that were saved from cancer, heart disease, aids and a myriad of terminal or crippling diseases just because she thinks rats , mice & chimps deserve more protection no matter how unproven the premise of mechanical replacement is.

Last edited by Mira Trapper; 05/30/08 03:15 PM.

[Linked Image]
Mac Leod Motto
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Mira Trapper] #737456
05/30/08 03:17 PM
05/30/08 03:17 PM
Jonathan Offline
"Wilson"
Jonathan  Offline
"Wilson"

Mira, Very well articulated!

Jonathan

Camera Gear: Canon EOS 7D-MK-II, Canon EF-S 10-22mm, EF 28-135mm, EF 100-400mm and EF 400mm lenses.

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Jonathan] #737477
05/30/08 03:43 PM
05/30/08 03:43 PM
AR
C
Crowkiller Offline
trapper
Crowkiller  Offline
trapper
C

AR
Yeah sure, skip the animal testing...go straight to humans. As I recall Hitler did this, but some found it socially unacceptable.

Crowkiller

Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Crowkiller] #737520
05/30/08 04:54 PM
05/30/08 04:54 PM
Lake Superior Watershed
Mud Turtle Offline
trapper
Mud Turtle  Offline
trapper

Lake Superior Watershed
TTT for crow

"And you want to be my latex salesman". NGLFH Life NRA American Legion
Re: How many of you think this woman is nuts? [Re: Jonathan] #737838
05/30/08 09:11 PM
05/30/08 09:11 PM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
 Originally Posted By: Jonathan
Anthropomorphism predisposes an individual to develop terminal, cranial-rectal inversion, compounded by massive brain neuroma infestation. It's a disease indigenous to the animal rights cult colonists.

Jonathan

While I agree with the above diagnosis, I also feel that perhaps a better description of the AR condition would be Faecal Encephalopathy.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread