No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
anyone 3gun? #7370726
10/03/21 10:08 PM
10/03/21 10:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline OP
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline OP
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
son shot his first match I went with to watch and help reset targets and such.

first stage started rifle targets to 400 , didn't expect that range he did well to 300 but 400 his hold was off and just under the plates

lesson know your dope to at least 400 if not 500

then a shotgun only run and gun stage , he did ok on this , the big slow down is reloading , how you keep the tube stuffed is a lot of it
the right shell holder to keep the rounds in the right direction and waste the least movement.

your never going to run a tube gun like the 5K dollar mag fed specialty comp guns , then again their 2 mags might cost as much as your entire gun.
but you might be squadded with them.
do your best it's about learning and doing better great doesn't happen overnight , lots and lots of practice

lesson , box of dummie rounds and practice stuffing the tube , eyes on something other than your gun this way you can plan your next batch of targets
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018805265

great time and a very long day bring food and water there is no lunch break you eat a bit while others run

final lesson , semi auto is fast when they run , but man there were a lot of jams today

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: anyone 3gun? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7370882
10/04/21 07:47 AM
10/04/21 07:47 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Sounds like fun and what I have seen on TV is awesome. I'm too old for a new sport so I'll stick with my flintlock.

Re: anyone 3gun? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7370961
10/04/21 09:34 AM
10/04/21 09:34 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
these were one of the interesting targets we saw

you shoot a steel popper target , then this launches a clay pigeon about 20 feet in the air

https://mgmtargets.com/product/pigeon-toaster/

finding video of one is much harder

the clay presents face at you and flies up about 20-25 feet and a little to the right

you shoot a steel popper , it falls and actuates the arm on this and then it releases the spring which snaps tight a nylon strap that ejects the clay up , you then shoot it in the air , for added challenge they may place this so when the clay comes down you have to get it before it comes back down in front of a wall.

have to be quick

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 10/04/21 09:37 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: anyone 3gun? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7370986
10/04/21 10:33 AM
10/04/21 10:33 AM
MN
K
K9BeavCoon Offline
trapper
K9BeavCoon  Offline
trapper
K

MN
Awesome write up! Had strong intentions to do my first match this summer but the semi local matches never worked with my schedule.

Re: anyone 3gun? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7371034
10/04/21 11:27 AM
10/04/21 11:27 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
trapper
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
unless specified any target other than clay may be taken with your pistol or with a pcc

it is a good idea to get good with your pistol , if you can score hits , it is a lot faster to feed

I can also see where a PCC would be very handy

Re: anyone 3gun? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7371255
10/04/21 03:42 PM
10/04/21 03:42 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
these were one of the interesting targets we saw

you shoot a steel popper target , then this launches a clay pigeon about 20 feet in the air

https://mgmtargets.com/product/pigeon-toaster/

finding video of one is much harder

the clay presents face at you and flies up about 20-25 feet and a little to the right

you shoot a steel popper , it falls and actuates the arm on this and then it releases the spring which snaps tight a nylon strap that ejects the clay up , you then shoot it in the air , for added challenge they may place this so when the clay comes down you have to get it before it comes back down in front of a wall.

have to be quick

Sounds like a blast

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread