No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373252
10/06/21 09:45 PM
10/06/21 09:45 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

midland, michigan
A real simple conversation without emotion that goes something like this: "boss, at the end of today, you are only going to have one foreman working for you. You'll be making that decision by your action or by your inaction, but you will be making the decision. I guess at this point you need to decide who is better for this company in the long haul and decide because tomorrow only one of us is going to show up. Please let me know by the end of the day."

Or just pull the Johnny Paycheck card.. smile

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373255
10/06/21 09:47 PM
10/06/21 09:47 PM
SE Missouri.
P
Pirogue Offline
trapper
Pirogue  Offline
trapper
P

SE Missouri.
Should have never mentioned armed defense to your boss. Now that u have and if things go south and you do use lethal force.....aint gonna go good for u.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373256
10/06/21 09:48 PM
10/06/21 09:48 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
So many things going on here just from one side of the account. Plenty of blame to go all around ... facility design, owner, no conflict resolution and de-escalation skills anywhere in management, and the individuals involved.

Generally threatening the 'him or me' never works out for anyone. You can't successfully dictate what action must be taken unless you own the business. Additionally, having private conversations with your employer suggesting use of force against another individual puts you in an undesirable employment position. I understand you were upset; but calm will always win in the end. But both those cards are now in play.

Better to start looking for another job. Regardless how this turns out, any savy business owner will keep this event and how you have managed it as a supervisor in the back of their mind for the rest of your employment.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Pirogue] #7373259
10/06/21 09:49 PM
10/06/21 09:49 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Pirogue
Should have never mentioned armed defense to your boss. Now that u have and if things go south and you do use lethal force.....aint gonna go good for u.

Yes.

And it's bad tactics to forewarn the enemy.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373266
10/06/21 09:54 PM
10/06/21 09:54 PM
virginia,MN
B
beavert Offline
trapper
beavert  Offline
trapper
B

virginia,MN

Last edited by beavert; 10/09/21 09:31 AM.
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373273
10/06/21 09:56 PM
10/06/21 09:56 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Pop him over the head with that crowbar.... jerk his britches down and stick a lit black cat firecracker in his butt... walk off and go work for the county driving the maintainer

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373277
10/06/21 10:01 PM
10/06/21 10:01 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
As good as it probably would have felt to smack him with the bar, a physical confrontation was not at all what I wanted. But I also had decided I wasn't backing up anymore either. I'm normally very slow to anger in such situations because my entire life my dad had always told me that I should not fight due to my size and the fact that the one physical altercation I had when I was younger was at school and it took 4 male teachers to pull me off the kid, I had stomped his ribs in and kicked him in the face 3 or 4 times. As far as everybody that says I should have left earlier when he cussed me before I will agree but it's been very hard to think about because I like the boss and the work and getting to work with my uncle.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373279
10/06/21 10:02 PM
10/06/21 10:02 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
Just take a day or three off and wait for the boss to call or not.
If he doesn't call file for UnEmployment stating Hostile Work environment and find a new job.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373285
10/06/21 10:06 PM
10/06/21 10:06 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
slap the taste outta his mouth..... smile

zero tolerance for disrespect.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373289
10/06/21 10:08 PM
10/06/21 10:08 PM
N Central Kansas
Z
ZionHeritageFarm Offline
trapper
ZionHeritageFarm  Offline
trapper
Z

N Central Kansas
There is also the legal route. What you are describing fits the legal definition of what is called assault in Kansas. Not sure what it would be called where you live. There doesn’t have to be physical contact. In Kansas it is defined as “ placing you in fear or apprehension of bodily harm “.
Then there could be the restraining order, no contact order, etc

Last edited by ZionHeritageFarm; 10/06/21 10:09 PM.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth. Psalms 50:2
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373310
10/06/21 10:24 PM
10/06/21 10:24 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I hope you are keeping documentation including dates, times, what was said, etc. for every interaction you are having with the bad guy as well as your boss. You should also get the names of any witnesses.

All of the above will become very important if you go for Unemployment after quitting or if you decide to file a Hostile Workplace claim.

Keep your cool and don't get baited or encouraged into a situation the most likely will wind up with you doing jail time.

If you have a cell phone that is capable of recording or taking video I would keep it on you.

Moosetrot

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373325
10/06/21 10:41 PM
10/06/21 10:41 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I didn't read all the posts but sounds like your boss needs to do his job so you can do yours .

The DB needs terminated

The " short handed " excuse doesn't cut it

I suspect the boss has helped create the problem ....no past proper disciplinary action , no documentation , etc

Prolly afraid of retaliation

Sounds like he may end up loosing a good employee when he could have grown a pair and rid the company of a toxic DB.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373330
10/06/21 10:49 PM
10/06/21 10:49 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
There is no documentation on any of this to my knowledge but I did go to the boss every time. As far as witnesses go there were 2 guys that heard everything and 1 guy that saw everything. Problem is that guy is the guy I'm having trouble withs best friend. He was tagging along behind his buddy all the way to my shop and witnessed the whole thing. Whether he will admit to anything is another thing. It is a very small business like I said there are only 12 of us including the two ladies in the office (one of which is the bosses wife and was my school teacher for 2 years in junior high school) and the boss. We haven't had a job application put in in well over a year and a half it is going to be a severe blow to the company to lose anyone. It seems nobody wants to get burned on a daily basis for $20 an hour and no benefits anymore.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373336
10/06/21 10:57 PM
10/06/21 10:57 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I would bet you can do better in a different job. It's always uncomfortable to leave something you have done and know, but the situation there is very toxic and I am afraid you are going to come out on the losing end of something.

Be confident in your skills and work ethic, but most importantly yourself.

Moosetrot

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373337
10/06/21 10:58 PM
10/06/21 10:58 PM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
Sounds like he is "gaslighting" you. I would document(video or paper) then ignore him. Had this happen to me for 7 yrs. gets old, but just words. The day the guy quit bothering me was when he started to say something about my wife as i was walking away. He shut his trap fast when i turned around, took of my hat, and clenched my fists as i walked toward him. He ran off, and didnt bother me again after that.

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373338
10/06/21 11:01 PM
10/06/21 11:01 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
The use of lethal force comment is all blowing smoke bull. You had a steel bar in your hand and did nothing you would have done nothing if you would have had a gun or knife either. I bet you probably did have a knife in your pocket but didn't even think about it. If your like me the knife is though of as a tool not a weapon. Not knocking you but don't lie to yourself.

I worked construction with lots of guys like you describe. I thumped some heads, got my head thumped, and walked off jobs refusing to work with someone unstable that close to me. What's best? Staying calm and walking off to another job . When it get physical you will be getting another job not by choice at that point and win or lose you still loose.

I would call in until I found another job or tell he fired me. Just my .02

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373340
10/06/21 11:03 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Are you related to coon man? Life is too short to put up with that kind of crap. The job market has never been better, what you waiting on? You are scared to quit and the boss is scared to fire the guy, staying there is a no win situation for you. Do yourself a favor and reduce the stress in your life, move on.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373341
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Davisfur
It seems nobody wants to get burned on a daily basis for $20 an hour and no benefits anymore.

If that's what you're making you should be looking for another job regardless of this jerk you're working with.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373352
10/06/21 11:21 PM
10/06/21 11:21 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by Davisfur
It seems nobody wants to get burned on a daily basis for $20 an hour and no benefits anymore.

If that's what you're making you should be looking for another job regardless of this jerk you're working with.

You can likely find a similar job, at your experience level, that pays well over $30.00 an hour.

Keith

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Providence Farm] #7373371
10/06/21 11:46 PM
10/06/21 11:46 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
The use of lethal force comment is all blowing smoke bull. You had a steel bar in your hand and did nothing you would have done nothing if you would have had a gun or knife either. I bet you probably did have a knife in your pocket but didn't even think about it. If your like me the knife is though of as a tool not a weapon. Not knocking you but don't lie to yourself.

I worked construction with lots of guys like you describe. I thumped some heads, got my head thumped, and walked off jobs refusing to work with someone unstable that close to me. What's best? Staying calm and walking off to another job . When it get physical you will be getting another job not by choice at that point and win or lose you still loose.

I would call in until I found another job or tell he fired me. Just my .02

You can speculate on what would have happened had I been armed if you like that's your opinion and I don't hold it against you. But just so we are clear I was holding a 3 foot long bar which was what I could reach at the moment that had more reach than my pocket knife which was the first thought in my head but quickly ruled out due to the leather gloves I was wearing making it pretty much useless to try and retrieve from my pocket. But the bar was what stopped him short of coming in contact with me. He never closed the distance close enough to reach with the bar let alone a knife and I did not advance towards him nor did I back away from him, when the ordeal was over it was him slinking back to his hole not me. I have no desire to go hand to hand with a guy half my weight has half again more reach than me and is more experienced in fighting not to mention likely hoped up on who knows what because we do not and have never drug tested anyone for fear of losing the entire workforce. And no I am not related in any way to coonman although I can see how this thread would make it seem so.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread