No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373372
10/06/21 11:48 PM
10/06/21 11:48 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
If I was you, I would quit.

If I was your boss, I would fire you.

The next thing I would do if I was you is start my own business doing exactly what your employer is doing. Hire Uncle.

Cold as ice!
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373374
10/06/21 11:51 PM
10/06/21 11:51 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
The appearance of nepotism causes a lot of hard feelings in the workplace. I'm curious why a man that it took 4 adults to pull him off another kid when he was in school felt like he needed a 3 foot pry bar to defend himself from any man. The way it works is either you kick his or he kicks yours.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: ~ADC~] #7373375
10/06/21 11:53 PM
10/06/21 11:53 PM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by Davisfur
It seems nobody wants to get burned on a daily basis for $20 an hour and no benefits anymore.

If that's what you're making you should be looking for another job regardless of this jerk you're working with.

I had been happy at this job because it was only 7 miles from home leaving me close to home to buy fur and do side gigs on occasion. It also came with permission to hunt a half section of nice hunting ground amd fish a 6 acre pond full of big bass and black crappie. I know none of this is a substitute for benefits and decent wages but it's what I had and it worked.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373380
10/07/21 12:14 AM
10/07/21 12:14 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
My meaning may have been mis took. A normal person will hesitate not being a volent aggressor by nature. That's normal. Also being conserned about the thought of going to jail after defending yourself. Heck I'm speculating and assuming we all know first hand how effective an ax Handel is for dispatch. Human heads are softer and steel bar is heavier and harder. One swing and it could easily been lights out for the guy. Subconsciously you know this and not violent by nature= slight hesitation.

When I have to walk through a metal detectors or get asked if I have weapons I often forget they consider my knife a weapon. To me it's just a tool and I never think of it as a weapon. That could just be me?

I think it better you didn't split his head though you could have easily done so and he knows it. It's a bad position to be put into. You apparently have skills and management experience . I would have a resume updated tonight and be job hunting now. That management experience cat even move you into other industries you probably have not even though about. Changing jobs is scary if you have been there a long time . At least it is scaring me when I'm looking after being in the same place for over 15 years.

I bet you can find something with more pay if you decide That's the best option for you.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373384
10/07/21 12:45 AM
10/07/21 12:45 AM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Appreciate the clarification Providence like I said no hard feelings here. And White Dog I didn't mention it before but the altercation I had in school was a similar situation as this. A guy in school had been using me for the butt of all his jokes and as a personal punching bag because I was chubby and poor, funny thing was I outweighed him by probably 30 pounds and ran a fleshing knife like it was my only purpose in life, chubby but stout. One day my dad saw me with my shirt off and asked where I got all the bruises and I told him. He asked me why I let someone do that to me and I replied that I was always told if I got in trouble at school I got in trouble at home and fighting got you a week of in school suspension so I knew it would land me a whipping at home. He told me that as long as I didn't start it I would not get in trouble at home and the next time this kid laid hands on me I better hurt him because if I came home with more bruises and hadn't done anything about it I was getting striped at home. When the teachers pulled me off the kid I didn't know where I was or what was going on and all I could see was white light. The kid had to be taken to the hospital for broken ribs and nose and missing teeth. One of the old coaches /teachers that helped pull me off said he had not seen anyone so intent on killing another human since he left Vietnam and he was fully convinced I would have stomped him to death had they not stopped it. That is the reason I try to avoid physical confrontation on top of having better sense than to go head to head with a guy who fights for fun.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373447
10/07/21 07:14 AM
10/07/21 07:14 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
20 bucks an hour and no benefits? That is reason enough to quit.

Life is too short to be miserable at work, either tell the boss you are going to call a lawyer or quit.

If you are going to stay start documenting any new problems and sit down and write down past problems.

Last edited by Steven 49er; 10/07/21 07:15 AM.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373462
10/07/21 07:31 AM
10/07/21 07:31 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Try this.

Tell him you know it was unfortunate that you were occupying the restroom when he had an emergency, then ask him if his eye is okay. Mention how you notice he is amped up quite often and does he know the freedom and peace in the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

-Goofy-
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373473
10/07/21 07:59 AM
10/07/21 07:59 AM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
That's a good idea Hobbie but I'm not sure the religious approach would work on this guy. He got arrested 9 or 10 years ago for domestic abuse against his wife and possession of Marijuana and meth that they had hidden in thier infant sons diaper bag. When he got out on probation he became super religious right up until his probation ran out and that's when he went into MMA. Now he drinks like a fish and smokes Marijuana but I'm not entirely sure with the mood swings he seems to have he's not on something a lot stronger and less helpful than Marijuana. I appreciate everybody's input on this issue. I'm headed in this morning to see what the bosses decision is. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Davisfur; 10/07/21 08:10 AM.
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373483
10/07/21 08:11 AM
10/07/21 08:11 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Prayers Davis.

-Goofy-
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373485
10/07/21 08:13 AM
10/07/21 08:13 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Davisfur
That's a good idea Hobbie but I'm not sure the religious approach would work on this guy. He got arrested 9 or 10 years ago for domestic abuse against his wife and possession of Marijuana and meth that they had hidden in thier infant sons diaper bag. When he got out on probation he became super religious right up until his probation ran out and that's when he went into MMA. Now he drinks like a fish and smokes Marijuana but I'm not entirely sure with the mood swings he seems to have he's not on something a lot stronger and less helpful than Marijuana. I appreciate everybody's input on this issue. I'm headed in this morning to see what the bosses decision is. Wish me luck.

Jesus has calmed a lot worse.

-Goofy-
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373487
10/07/21 08:21 AM
10/07/21 08:21 AM
western Oklahoma
D
Davisfur Offline OP
trapper
Davisfur  Offline OP
trapper
D

western Oklahoma
Thanks Hobbie

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373488
10/07/21 08:27 AM
10/07/21 08:27 AM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
All the best for you and your work situation!

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Gene Dziza] #7373499
10/07/21 08:39 AM
10/07/21 08:39 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
Wow, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm with the guys that say to leave. I have little doubt you could force the issue into his termination. But the guy sounds unstable and capable. Do you really want to be the reason he's fired? I understand he's getting himself fired but he won't see it that way.

When one door closes, another always opens, and most times in my life when something like this happened, good ultimately came of it. This may prompt you into something much better. I hope it does.

All of this^

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373511
10/07/21 08:55 AM
10/07/21 08:55 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Don’t bring anything to a fight you wouldn’t want used on you.

Good luck today.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373531
10/07/21 09:25 AM
10/07/21 09:25 AM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Good luck today.

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373540
10/07/21 09:31 AM
10/07/21 09:31 AM
Michigan
J
JSfab Offline
trapper
JSfab  Offline
trapper
J

Michigan
Sounds like a tough situation.

There was a third option available to you, but that ship has very likely sailed already. So if everything you said is accurate, and there are not not some details left out that would give a different perspective on the situation, my estimation would be for you to leave quietly and go your own way.

From what you told us, in my view the other guy already won this one. Legal course may seem to be an option, but there are better ways, with better results. There is a way that seems right to man, but it's end is the way of death.

Most people would rather seek revenge than to see their enemy changed for better.

I wish you the best. Be careful, and be wise.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373543
10/07/21 09:35 AM
10/07/21 09:35 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Your so called boss has gave the bully the reigns to run the company by allowing this to go on. I would be looking for a new job and not look back.$20 an hour and no benefits isn't much better then the $15 an hour minimum wage they keep throwing around.

One day if this guy flies off the handle and hurts someone the doors to that place will most likely be locked. Sounds like it is running on borrowed time.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373588
10/07/21 10:21 AM
10/07/21 10:21 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Your dad sounds like me. My daughter was getting picked on before we started homeschooling. We went though all the channels. Finally I told her to kick the boys hind end(3rd grade). She didn't want to because she would get in trouble at school. I said yes you will but only until I get there then I will straighten it out. But if I hear you had any more issues and didn't Handel them you will be in trouble at home.

About a week later the playground attendent pulls my wife to the side and tell her how Isabelle put that boy on the ground in some kind of leg lock where he could not move and he was just flailing and crying.

I just smiled yes she was paying attention to what I was teaching and remembered and effectively used a leg bar. Neither that boy or anyone else besides the principal ever gave her another problem. That principal no longer works in the school system.

I hope things go well for you today keep us posted. Just remember though there are managers at my local Rual king of hat make $20 an hour and get benefits so plenty of other options are out there.

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373600
10/07/21 10:37 AM
10/07/21 10:37 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I hope things go well today and this gets resolved.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Cussed and threatened by coworker [Re: Davisfur] #7373604
10/07/21 10:42 AM
10/07/21 10:42 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Way past the time that this can be settled amicably between you two.

Boss has decided to let the loudest be the winner and you seem to be the pacifist in this as best you can to keep being there.

About the only way to end the matter is if both of you clash in front of witness's who may or may not back either of you up and then it goes thru any kind of HR procedure, which from reading your description of the employer there is none, So you end up in a court battle if you decide to push the matter

Boss could fire either one of you really or both to end the matter, there is still the possibility of retribution from the other guy cause he is a loose cannon and could just take the matter off work to settle it where it could then end up in a very worse scenario !

One of you is going to leave one way or the other, who is the most important to the employer will be the keeper, regardless of the past history, sad to say, but seen it many times !!

Good Luck !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread