No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off road Diesel. #7373423
10/07/21 06:10 AM
10/07/21 06:10 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline OP
trapper
run  Offline OP
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
$3.05 in Elkton, VA. I have had a Pennsylvania man ask for off road Diesel price in the past. Here you go.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373434
10/07/21 06:43 AM
10/07/21 06:43 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
At my wife's store they have installed steel bollards and a short hose at the off road diesel pump. The pump is next to the Rec gas pump. the intention is for on road diesel pump to be used for vehicles, and off road to be pumped in fuel caddies or cans only. I don't think they were forced, it was a parking lot traffic jam with folks avoiding the road tax on the off road diesel for pickups v/s over the road diesel.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7373545
10/07/21 09:36 AM
10/07/21 09:36 AM
Western Wisconsin
T
TraderVic Offline
trapper
TraderVic  Offline
trapper
T

Western Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
At my wife's store they have installed steel bollards and a short hose at the off road diesel pump. The pump is next to the Rec gas pump. the intention is for on road diesel pump to be used for vehicles, and off road to be pumped in fuel caddies or cans only. I don't think they were forced, it was a parking lot traffic jam with folks avoiding the road tax on the off road diesel for pickups v/s over the road diesel.

It's a $1500 fine here in WI for anyone caught with off road diesel in a non Ag use tank.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373550
10/07/21 09:41 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
They dip test tanks at the cattle sales here on sale days.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373552
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Here, the fine is $1000 PER GALLON that the tank COULD HOLD for non AG use!

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7373575
10/07/21 10:02 AM
10/07/21 10:02 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

that is dumb you would loose a lot of business if you can't pull in and fill the tractor , hay bine , skid steer, the 100 gallon tank in the back of the truck you would loose your best customers.

guys who only need a few gallons for a truck would easily put it in cans and take it home and pour it in

I use it to run my furnace I have a tank I can put in my truck and fill with 100 gallons at a time.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Law Dog] #7373579
10/07/21 10:06 AM
10/07/21 10:06 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Law Dog

I believe a search warrant would be needed. I have heard rumors to this affect but have never seen it, and I have been to the salesbarn alot.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Diggerman] #7373582
10/07/21 10:12 AM
10/07/21 10:12 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Diggerman

I believe a search warrant would be needed. I have heard rumors to this affect but have never seen it, and I have been to the salesbarn alot.

Agree with that not like I can dig through random cars at the same time I’d need a reason and and a warrant to do so.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7373590
10/07/21 10:26 AM
10/07/21 10:26 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

that is dumb you would loose a lot of business if you can't pull in and fill the tractor , hay bine , skid steer, the 100 gallon tank in the back of the truck you would loose your best customers.

guys who only need a few gallons for a truck would easily put it in cans and take it home and pour it in

I use it to run my furnace I have a tank I can put in my truck and fill with 100 gallons at a time.

This x1000. May as well just quit selling it all together.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/07/21 10:27 AM.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Diggerman] #7373598
10/07/21 10:36 AM
10/07/21 10:36 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Diggerman

No search warrant needed if you are pulled over for a DOT check in NY. If you have dyed heating oil/off road diesel, in your heavy truck tank, big time fine. That’s why off road is dyed red and over the road is clear. Pretty easy for LE to check if you are cheating. Also, I think most manufacturers of diesel pickups and heavy trucks will void your warranty if they find dyed fuel in your over the road vehicle.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373631
10/07/21 11:14 AM
10/07/21 11:14 AM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
^^^ This, same here.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373714
10/07/21 12:38 PM
10/07/21 12:38 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Online content
trapper
T-Rex  Online Content
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
The difference in price is essentially the tax. In the Twin Cities area very few places sell it. For what I use in my subcompact tractor; I'm money ahead to jus buy the over the road stuff. Yeah, I'm paying a tax that I don't benefit from. But, If I drive 20 miles to save the tax, I am not only paying the tax on the gasoline in my truck, but, also wear and tear.

Not only that, the places that do sell it know how little competition they have, and mark it up, sometimes to within pennies of the revenued crap.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373726
10/07/21 01:08 PM
10/07/21 01:08 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
and then there are the guys who dump ATF in their tank " to lube the injectors"

what about the guys who dump waste oil in their tanks that has to throw the color off also

mostly our LEO have their hands full with fatal crashes around here 2 this week

you would probably have to be seen filling or get pulled over by state patrol

lots of tractors in town a few people drive them instead of cars used to be an old guy with a cub cadet lawn tractor , had a rack on the back for his oxygen tank he drove around town on that , used to be not to uncommon to see 2 lawn tractors parked in front of a bar I think they eventually got asked to park in the back the front was main street , there was a kid with a farmall H a couple years ago think her was 14-15 he had a trailer behind the tractor his sisters would ride in him and his sisters would run errands , just stay off main street and no one minds every other street in town is an atv trail any way.
besides it leaves less mess than the buggys who never pick up after the horse

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 10/07/21 01:14 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373743
10/07/21 01:44 PM
10/07/21 01:44 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline OP
trapper
run  Offline OP
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Green County Pete, I think you are describing Shenandoah,VA when you are talking about lawnmowers being used for transportation.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373805
10/07/21 03:26 PM
10/07/21 03:26 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

I believe a search warrant would be needed. I have heard rumors to this affect but have never seen it, and I have been to the salesbarn alot.[/quote]

No search warrant needed if you are pulled over for a DOT check in NY. If you have dyed heating oil/off road diesel, in your heavy truck tank, big time fine. That’s why off road is dyed red and over the road is clear. Pretty easy for LE to check if you are cheating. Also, I think most manufacturers of diesel pickups and heavy trucks will void your warranty if they find dyed fuel in your over the road vehicle.[/quote]
Are you living in a different country? The bill of rights is nation wide, dontja know? I took ( a friends) new truck in for its first service with dyed fuel in it and not a word was said.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373809
10/07/21 03:41 PM
10/07/21 03:41 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by run
Green County Pete, I think you are describing Shenandoah,VA when you are talking about lawnmowers being used for transportation.

with everything but the state road being ATV UTV trail now you see a lot more quads and SxS btu some lawn mowers and tractors

mostly old JD and Farmals , a few Oliver's and AC

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373846
10/07/21 04:37 PM
10/07/21 04:37 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I don't think our DOT people need a search warrant to test fuel or weigh a vehicle in NC. They stop a lot of overloaded log trucks and dump trucks hauling rock and dirt.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: Diggerman] #7373859
10/07/21 05:08 PM
10/07/21 05:08 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY

No search warrant needed if you are pulled over for a DOT check in NY. If you have dyed heating oil/off road diesel, in your heavy truck tank, big time fine. That’s why off road is dyed red and over the road is clear. Pretty easy for LE to check if you are cheating. Also, I think most manufacturers of diesel pickups and heavy trucks will void your warranty if they find dyed fuel in your over the road vehicle.[/quote]
Are you living in a different country? The bill of rights is nation wide, dontja know? I took ( a friends) new truck in for its first service with dyed fuel in it and not a word was said.[/quote]

Whatever, get pulled over with a big rig anywhere in NY and have dyed fuel in the tank, and you are in a world of crap.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: run] #7373951
10/07/21 08:01 PM
10/07/21 08:01 PM
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

North central Iowa
The DOT can do a spot check anytime they want right wrong or indifferent that’s the way it is, I believe here in Iowa the fine is however many miles are on the vehicle times the road tax, also I believe red fuel is about 3.12 a gallon here.

Re: Off road Diesel. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7373977
10/07/21 08:36 PM
10/07/21 08:36 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Fuel is delivered to the farms, and saw mills, who runs a haybine or big tractor into a busy town to fill the tank? A commercial card only fuel stop is down the road. Wife's store is a very very busy stop. She does not need those machines clogging up the pumps. You have no idea, she only has off road diesel for the cans, and sells 1500+ gallons a week with good margin 300 gallons K1 kerosene too in winter. Along with 200 gallons of coffee daily, a cup at a time, beer cave is filled daily not to mention tobacco sales and food. I take it you never operated a high volume store / gas station...

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread