No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7374165
10/08/21 06:10 AM
10/08/21 06:10 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
I was in New Jersey a couple years ago. Never seen roadsides so trashed. I was warned about carrying my popper by the fellow I went there to do business with. I went to lunch with him and his crew. Michigan government sucks, I will admit but we have it way better than folks in jersey. By then end of my visit they all wanted to come to Michigan. The taxes there are unreal, and you can't pump your own gas.....

Most of the state is really nice...and rural. Most of the people live in a narrow strip of urban blight that stretches across the state from NYC to Philadelphia. Above and below that strip it's rural farmland, mountains, or woods. The problem is that the majority are from the city and pass laws that don't work out here in the nice spots and elect officials who don't care what works for us.

Yes. NJ's gun laws are the worst. I read the quote in the OPs post and thought "he's going to jail".

-Ryan
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danvee] #7374170
10/08/21 06:22 AM
10/08/21 06:22 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by danvee
just welcome them in like at the Jan capitol party the stage and precedent was set there.

Better get that blood flow to your brain checked.

-Goofy-
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danny clifton] #7374172
10/08/21 06:31 AM
10/08/21 06:31 AM
Mn
W
Whopper Stopper Offline
trapper
Whopper Stopper  Offline
trapper
W

Mn
Here you would have to first conduct an interview/ survey before shooting. It depends on the..... race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.

WS

Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danny clifton] #7374185
10/08/21 06:49 AM
10/08/21 06:49 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
What can you do in a situation like that? I guess he could afford to hire private security so that they could take the fall instead of him. Other than that, his only option would be to get the heck out of NJ. Here he would have been justified to shoot them dead.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danny clifton] #7374187
10/08/21 06:50 AM
10/08/21 06:50 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline OP
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
here in ks lethal force is legal if its the only recourse to protect your property. citizen arrest is also legal

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danny clifton] #7374193
10/08/21 06:59 AM
10/08/21 06:59 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Here, lethal force is legal if you do it to prevent someone from committing a felony against you or your property and property is defined to include vehicles.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: RustyShacklefrd] #7374200
10/08/21 07:26 AM
10/08/21 07:26 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by RustyShacklefrd
They’d surrender when they saw me nude anyways, so no need for the gun

Best explanation yet!!!

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: danny clifton] #7374280
10/08/21 09:48 AM
10/08/21 09:48 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
charged with what

shooting in city limits , wickless endangerment ?

you have to have a lethal threat to fire and if you do you have to be stopping that threat

no warning shots , it shows insufficient need to fire.

if the car was in drive and he was in their path and they started to rev the engine or move 2 through he windshield into the driver then assess , they had a lethal weapon and were threatening use of deadly force. death or serious injury was eminent if they ran him down with his own car.

it is really sad you could protect property without taking human life , but the very folks who try and tell you how important human life is to them while they murder babies and turn violent criminals loose have forced your hand , you have to place yourself in such a way that there is a real threat then take the life to stop the threat or you will be charged.

in the end he will probably move that fancy car collection to a state that doesn't prohibit him protecting it and keep a small apartment to stay at and work his businesses in NJ the second he is fore the day hop a private plane to his new place in Virginia or north Carolina.

one of those cars sold would buy a decent small plane and what he is paying in taxes in NJ would pay a pilot to shuttle him back and forth.

his main residence will be in some state with much lower income taxes and NJ looses again

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 10/08/21 10:49 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: what are you supposed to when thieves wake you ? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7374556
10/08/21 05:00 PM
10/08/21 05:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by danvee
just welcome them in like at the Jan capitol party the stage and precedent was set there.

Better get that blood flow to your brain checked.

Won't help Hobbie. Got to have a brain to flow to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread